|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the two main characters related?
(a) They work together
(b) Brother and sister
(c) They are married
(d) They are best friends
2. How many acts are in this play?
3. What does Big Daddy think of Brick?
(a) He dotes on him
(b) He can barely tolerate him
(c) He is his favorite child
(d) He thinks he is just average
4. What does Brick refuse to do that frustrates Maggie?
(a) He will not get dressed
(b) He will not go on a job interview
(c) He will not stop calling the maid insulting names
(d) He will not sign the card that goes with their gift
5. In what state does the family live?
6. How does Brick feel about the upcoming event?
(a) He has no intentions of going to the event
(b) He is looking forward to the event
(c) He hopes he is well enough to attend
(d) He bristles at the thought of a family event
7. Who is Skipper?
(a) Brick's former college football buddy
(b) Maggie's former boyfriend
(c) The Pollitts' stable boy
(d) Maggie's ex-husband
8. What is Big Daddy's perception of Gooper and Mae's brood?
(a) He thinks they are average
(b) He can take them or leave them
(c) He can barely tolerate them
(d) He dotes on them
9. How many children do Brick and Maggie have?
10. What would help Maggie endure her ongoing state of sexual deprivation?
(a) If Brick would lose his looks
(b) If she would do volunteer work
(c) If she would take a lover
(d) If Brick would just be nice to her again
11. Who is Gooper?
(a) Maggie's brother
(b) Brick's friend
(c) Brick's brother
(d) Maggie's ex-husband
12. What does Maggie call Mae's children?
(a) No-neck monsters
(b) Balls of sugar
(c) Minor annoyances
(d) Little darlings
13. What did the family discuss at dinner which Brick missed?
(a) Big Mama's new furniture
(b) Big Daddy's new car
(c) Admitting Brick to an alcoholic treatment center
(d) Maggie's going to a fertility center
14. For which character is the play named?
15. Who interrupts Brick and Maggie as they argue?
(c) Big Daddy
(d) Big Mama
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor intend to tell Big Mama tonight?
2. How did Brick sustain his recent injury?
3. Who is the other main character?
4. Who interrupts Brick and Maggie by pounding on the door?
5. What is Mae's family background?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)