|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maggie offer Brick as some relief from the summer heat?
(a) A cold beer
(b) An alcohol rub
(c) A dip in the pool
(d) Some cold lemonade
2. Why does Maggie plead with Brick?
(a) She wants to adopt a child
(b) She wants to buy some new clothes
(c) She cannot bear his indifference any longer
(d) She wants to return to their home
3. How many acts are in this play?
4. Why is the inheritance such a critical factor now?
(a) Brick needs the money
(b) Big Mama had a stroke
(c) Big Daddy is dying of cancer
(d) The stock market is plunging
5. What is the setting for the play's opening act?
(a) A bedroom
(b) The veranda
(c) By the river
(d) The town social
6. Who does Maggie think will be named the primary beneficiaries in Big Daddy's will?
(a) The church
(b) Mrs. Pollitt
(c) Gooper and Mae
(d) Brick and Maggie
7. What does Brick refuse to do that frustrates Maggie?
(a) He will not get dressed
(b) He will not go on a job interview
(c) He will not sign the card that goes with their gift
(d) He will not stop calling the maid insulting names
8. Who is Gooper?
(a) Maggie's ex-husband
(b) Brick's brother
(c) Brick's friend
(d) Maggie's brother
9. What does Maggie call herself?
(a) A thoroughbred
(b) The early bird
(c) Cat on a hot tin roof
(d) The lead dog
10. With which one of Brick's friends did Maggie make love?
11. For which character is the play named?
12. How does Brick feel about the upcoming event?
(a) He is looking forward to the event
(b) He has no intentions of going to the event
(c) He hopes he is well enough to attend
(d) He bristles at the thought of a family event
13. What secret does the family intend to keep from Big Daddy?
(a) That Lacey is his child
(b) That he has terminal cancer
(c) That Big Mama is sick
(d) That Maggie is infertile
14. Who is Mae?
(a) Brick's sister
(b) Gooper's wife
(c) Gooper's ex-wife
(d) Maggie's sister
15. What would help Maggie endure her ongoing state of sexual deprivation?
(a) If she would take a lover
(b) If she would do volunteer work
(c) If Brick would just be nice to her again
(d) If Brick would lose his looks
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Big Daddy think of Brick?
2. Who occupies the setting of the first act?
3. What does Maggie reassure Brick about?
4. What does Big Mama think Big Daddy's disease is?
5. What physical injury has Brick recently sustained?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)