|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical injury has Brick recently sustained?
(a) Broken leg
(b) Broken arm
(c) Broken ankle
(d) Herniated disk
2. What does Big Daddy think of Brick?
(a) He dotes on him
(b) He thinks he is just average
(c) He is his favorite child
(d) He can barely tolerate him
3. Who is the other main character?
4. What event is to occur at the Pollitt plantation that evening?
(a) Big Daddy's retirement party
(b) Big Daddy and Big Mama's anniversary party
(c) Big Daddy's bon voyage party
(d) Big Daddy's birthday party
5. What does Big Mama think Big Daddy's disease is?
(b) Acid reflux
(d) Spastic colon
6. What does Maggie offer Brick as some relief from the summer heat?
(a) A dip in the pool
(b) Some cold lemonade
(c) An alcohol rub
(d) A cold beer
7. What function does the setting also serve?
(a) A sitting room
(b) A voting hall
(c) A town hall
(d) A fishing hole
8. What does Maggie call Mae's children?
(a) Balls of sugar
(b) Little darlings
(c) Minor annoyances
(d) No-neck monsters
9. How many children do Brick and Maggie have?
10. In what state does the family live?
11. According to Maggie, who sees Big Daddy's last birthday as a double cause for celebration?
(b) Doc Bough
(c) Gooper and Mae
12. Who interrupts Brick and Maggie as they argue?
(c) Big Mama
(d) Big Daddy
13. Who does Big Mama blame for the demise of Brick and Maggie's marriage?
14. How does Brick feel about the upcoming event?
(a) He bristles at the thought of a family event
(b) He has no intentions of going to the event
(c) He is looking forward to the event
(d) He hopes he is well enough to attend
15. Who is the patriarch of the family?
(a) Big Daddy
(b) Old Joe
(c) Mr. Hall
(d) The Big Guy
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Brick doing when Maggie is talking to him?
2. What does Maggie call herself?
3. What does Maggie admit to Brick?
4. With which one of Brick's friends did Maggie make love?
5. What does Brick advise Maggie to do?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)