|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Maggie, who sees Big Daddy's last birthday as a double cause for celebration?
(a) Doc Bough
(b) Gooper and Mae
2. How many children do Brick and Maggie have?
3. What is the name of the family showcased in the play?
4. Why is the inheritance such a critical factor now?
(a) Brick needs the money
(b) Big Mama had a stroke
(c) Big Daddy is dying of cancer
(d) The stock market is plunging
5. According to Maggie, you can be young without ______________ but you cannot be old without it.
(b) A sense of humor
6. How did Brick sustain his recent injury?
(a) Riding a horse
(b) Jumping hurdles
(c) Wrecking a car
(d) Falling down steps
7. What does Maggie call herself?
(a) A thoroughbred
(b) Cat on a hot tin roof
(c) The lead dog
(d) The early bird
8. How are the two main characters related?
(a) Brother and sister
(b) They are married
(c) They work together
(d) They are best friends
9. Who is Skipper?
(a) Brick's former college football buddy
(b) Maggie's ex-husband
(c) The Pollitts' stable boy
(d) Maggie's former boyfriend
10. What does Brick advise Maggie to do?
(a) Take a lover
(b) Take a cold shower
(c) Get him another drink
(d) Help with dinner
11. What event is to occur at the Pollitt plantation that evening?
(a) Big Daddy's retirement party
(b) Big Daddy and Big Mama's anniversary party
(c) Big Daddy's birthday party
(d) Big Daddy's bon voyage party
12. Which one of Mae's children interrupts Brick and Maggie during their argument?
13. What does Brick do when Maggie makes suggestive advances?
(a) Walks away from her
(b) Reminds her of the conditions of their marriage
(c) Slaps her
(d) Screams at her
14. How many acts are in this play?
15. What other advantage do Brick and Maggie have in the inheritance issue?
(a) Big Daddy finds Maggie attractive
(b) Brick is very loyal to Big Daddy
(c) Big Mama's respect for Brick
(d) Maggie is pregnant
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Big Mama think Big Daddy's disease is?
2. What does Maggie admit to Brick?
3. Who is the patriarch of the family?
4. Who is Gooper?
5. With which one of Brick's friends did Maggie make love?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)