|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Brick sustain his recent injury?
(a) Wrecking a car
(b) Jumping hurdles
(c) Riding a horse
(d) Falling down steps
2. Who is Skipper?
(a) The Pollitts' stable boy
(b) Maggie's ex-husband
(c) Brick's former college football buddy
(d) Maggie's former boyfriend
3. What would help Maggie endure her ongoing state of sexual deprivation?
(a) If she would take a lover
(b) If Brick would lose his looks
(c) If she would do volunteer work
(d) If Brick would just be nice to her again
4. What is Mae's family background?
(a) Poor white trash from Tupelo
(b) Cultured family from New Orleans
(c) A snooty family from Boston
(d) Prominent family in Memphis
5. Where does the family live?
(a) Southern plantation
(b) Townhouse in the city
(c) A ranch
(d) Ranch house in the suburbs
6. What does Maggie reassure Brick about?
(a) That his ankle will heal soon
(b) That he will get the inheritance
(c) That their sex life will return
(d) That he will get another job
7. How many children does Mae have?
(a) 2 with another on the way
(b) 4 with another on the way
(c) 6 with another on the way
(d) 5 with another on the way
8. Who occupies the setting of the first act?
(a) Anyone invited
(b) Anyone in town
(c) Gooper and Mae
(d) Brick and Maggie
9. What advantage does Maggie think that Gooper and Mae have in the inheritance?
(a) They have strong investment skills
(b) They go to church regularly
(c) They are the oldest
(d) They have several children
10. What function does the setting also serve?
(a) A fishing hole
(b) A sitting room
(c) A town hall
(d) A voting hall
11. What does Maggie admit to Brick?
(a) She is leaving
(b) She is pregnant
(c) She is ill
(d) She is lonely
12. What is the name of the family showcased in the play?
13. Who is Gooper?
(a) Maggie's ex-husband
(b) Maggie's brother
(c) Brick's brother
(d) Brick's friend
14. What does the doctor intend to tell Big Mama tonight?
(a) That Big Daddy needs a vacation
(b) Which medications Big Daddy needs
(c) The truth about Big Daddy's disease
(d) That she has cancer
15. What does Big Daddy think of Brick?
(a) He thinks he is just average
(b) He is his favorite child
(c) He can barely tolerate him
(d) He dotes on him
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brick feel about the upcoming event?
2. What does Big Mama think Big Daddy's disease is?
3. What does Brick refuse to do that frustrates Maggie?
4. In what state does the family live?
5. How many children do Brick and Maggie have?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)