|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brick refuse to do that frustrates Maggie?
(a) He will not go on a job interview
(b) He will not sign the card that goes with their gift
(c) He will not get dressed
(d) He will not stop calling the maid insulting names
2. How many children do Brick and Maggie have?
3. What is Big Daddy's perception of Gooper and Mae's brood?
(a) He dotes on them
(b) He thinks they are average
(c) He can barely tolerate them
(d) He can take them or leave them
4. What does Maggie offer Brick as some relief from the summer heat?
(a) An alcohol rub
(b) Some cold lemonade
(c) A dip in the pool
(d) A cold beer
5. What does Maggie call herself?
(a) Cat on a hot tin roof
(b) The early bird
(c) A thoroughbred
(d) The lead dog
6. What does Brick do when Maggie makes suggestive advances?
(a) Reminds her of the conditions of their marriage
(b) Walks away from her
(c) Slaps her
(d) Screams at her
7. Who is Gooper?
(a) Maggie's brother
(b) Brick's brother
(c) Brick's friend
(d) Maggie's ex-husband
8. In what state does the family live?
9. Who does Big Mama talk to on the phone about Big Daddy's diagnosis?
(a) Reverend Mitchell
(b) Miss Sally
(c) Miss Ellie
10. Who is Mae?
(a) Maggie's sister
(b) Gooper's wife
(c) Brick's sister
(d) Gooper's ex-wife
11. Who is the patriarch of the family?
(a) Big Daddy
(b) Old Joe
(c) The Big Guy
(d) Mr. Hall
12. What does Brick advise Maggie to do?
(a) Take a lover
(b) Take a cold shower
(c) Get him another drink
(d) Help with dinner
13. What is the setting for the play's opening act?
(a) By the river
(b) A bedroom
(c) The town social
(d) The veranda
14. What does Big Daddy think of Brick?
(a) He can barely tolerate him
(b) He is his favorite child
(c) He dotes on him
(d) He thinks he is just average
15. Who is the other main character?
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical injury has Brick recently sustained?
2. What is Maggie's purpose for entering the room?
3. What function does the setting also serve?
4. How does Brick feel about the upcoming event?
5. What does the doctor intend to tell Big Mama tonight?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)