|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brick feel about the upcoming event?
(a) He hopes he is well enough to attend
(b) He bristles at the thought of a family event
(c) He has no intentions of going to the event
(d) He is looking forward to the event
2. What is Big Daddy's perception of Gooper and Mae's brood?
(a) He can barely tolerate them
(b) He dotes on them
(c) He can take them or leave them
(d) He thinks they are average
3. Who does Big Mama talk to on the phone about Big Daddy's diagnosis?
(a) Reverend Mitchell
(b) Miss Ellie
(c) Miss Sally
4. Who occupies the setting of the first act?
(a) Anyone in town
(b) Brick and Maggie
(c) Anyone invited
(d) Gooper and Mae
5. What is the location for the setting?
(a) The countryside
(c) The Pollitt plantation
(d) New Orleans
6. Why does Maggie plead with Brick?
(a) She wants to buy some new clothes
(b) She cannot bear his indifference any longer
(c) She wants to adopt a child
(d) She wants to return to their home
7. For which character is the play named?
8. Where does the family live?
(a) Southern plantation
(b) Ranch house in the suburbs
(c) Townhouse in the city
(d) A ranch
9. What does Big Daddy think of Brick?
(a) He dotes on him
(b) He thinks he is just average
(c) He can barely tolerate him
(d) He is his favorite child
10. How did Brick sustain his recent injury?
(a) Wrecking a car
(b) Falling down steps
(c) Jumping hurdles
(d) Riding a horse
11. What does Maggie call Mae's children?
(a) Balls of sugar
(b) No-neck monsters
(c) Minor annoyances
(d) Little darlings
12. What secret does the family intend to keep from Big Daddy?
(a) That Maggie is infertile
(b) That he has terminal cancer
(c) That Big Mama is sick
(d) That Lacey is his child
13. What does Maggie admit to Brick?
(a) She is pregnant
(b) She is lonely
(c) She is leaving
(d) She is ill
14. How many children do Brick and Maggie have?
15. How are the two main characters related?
(a) They are best friends
(b) Brother and sister
(c) They are married
(d) They work together
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie call herself?
2. In what state does the family live?
3. What advantage does Maggie think that Gooper and Mae have in the inheritance?
4. What does Brick refuse to do that frustrates Maggie?
5. With whom had people thought Brick had an inappropriate relationship?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)