|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the two main characters related?
(a) They are best friends
(b) They work together
(c) Brother and sister
(d) They are married
2. What advantage does Maggie think that Gooper and Mae have in the inheritance?
(a) They have several children
(b) They are the oldest
(c) They go to church regularly
(d) They have strong investment skills
3. How does Brick feel about the upcoming event?
(a) He is looking forward to the event
(b) He bristles at the thought of a family event
(c) He hopes he is well enough to attend
(d) He has no intentions of going to the event
4. What other advantage do Brick and Maggie have in the inheritance issue?
(a) Maggie is pregnant
(b) Brick is very loyal to Big Daddy
(c) Big Daddy finds Maggie attractive
(d) Big Mama's respect for Brick
5. Who interrupts Brick and Maggie as they argue?
(a) Big Mama
(d) Big Daddy
6. Which one of Mae's children interrupts Brick and Maggie during their argument?
7. Where does the family live?
(a) Townhouse in the city
(b) Ranch house in the suburbs
(c) Southern plantation
(d) A ranch
8. Who is Mae?
(a) Brick's sister
(b) Gooper's wife
(c) Maggie's sister
(d) Gooper's ex-wife
9. With whom had people thought Brick had an inappropriate relationship?
10. What is Maggie's purpose for entering the room?
(a) Change her dress
(b) Make a phone call
(c) Take a nap
(d) Write in her diary
11. Who is Skipper?
(a) Maggie's ex-husband
(b) Brick's former college football buddy
(c) Maggie's former boyfriend
(d) The Pollitts' stable boy
12. What does Maggie offer Brick as some relief from the summer heat?
(a) A cold beer
(b) Some cold lemonade
(c) An alcohol rub
(d) A dip in the pool
13. In what state does the family live?
14. What is the setting for the play's opening act?
(a) The town social
(b) A bedroom
(c) By the river
(d) The veranda
15. What physical injury has Brick recently sustained?
(a) Broken ankle
(b) Herniated disk
(c) Broken arm
(d) Broken leg
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the family discuss at dinner which Brick missed?
2. What would help Maggie endure her ongoing state of sexual deprivation?
3. How many children do Brick and Maggie have?
4. What does Brick do when Maggie makes suggestive advances?
5. What does Maggie admit to Brick?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)