|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With which one of Brick's friends did Maggie make love?
2. How did Brick sustain his recent injury?
(a) Riding a horse
(b) Jumping hurdles
(c) Wrecking a car
(d) Falling down steps
3. In what state does the family live?
4. What does Brick refuse to do that frustrates Maggie?
(a) He will not get dressed
(b) He will not stop calling the maid insulting names
(c) He will not sign the card that goes with their gift
(d) He will not go on a job interview
5. How many children does Mae have?
(a) 2 with another on the way
(b) 4 with another on the way
(c) 5 with another on the way
(d) 6 with another on the way
6. Who is the patriarch of the family?
(a) Mr. Hall
(b) The Big Guy
(c) Big Daddy
(d) Old Joe
7. What is Brick doing when Maggie is talking to him?
(a) Talking on the phone
(b) Trying to nap
(c) Taking a shower
(d) Reading the paper
8. What did the family discuss at dinner which Brick missed?
(a) Big Daddy's new car
(b) Maggie's going to a fertility center
(c) Admitting Brick to an alcoholic treatment center
(d) Big Mama's new furniture
9. What does Big Daddy think of Brick?
(a) He dotes on him
(b) He is his favorite child
(c) He thinks he is just average
(d) He can barely tolerate him
10. What would help Maggie endure her ongoing state of sexual deprivation?
(a) If she would take a lover
(b) If Brick would lose his looks
(c) If Brick would just be nice to her again
(d) If she would do volunteer work
11. What is Big Daddy's perception of Gooper and Mae's brood?
(a) He thinks they are average
(b) He can barely tolerate them
(c) He dotes on them
(d) He can take them or leave them
12. What is Maggie's plan regarding her marriage?
(a) She is about at the end of her patience
(b) She wishes she never married
(c) She is going to stay until it is better again
(d) She is divorcing Brick as soon as possible
13. What does Brick advise Maggie to do?
(a) Get him another drink
(b) Help with dinner
(c) Take a cold shower
(d) Take a lover
14. According to Maggie, who sees Big Daddy's last birthday as a double cause for celebration?
(a) Gooper and Mae
(d) Doc Bough
15. Where does the family live?
(a) Townhouse in the city
(b) A ranch
(c) Ranch house in the suburbs
(d) Southern plantation
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie call Mae's children?
2. How does Brick feel about the upcoming event?
3. What secret does the family intend to keep from Big Daddy?
4. Which one of Mae's children interrupts Brick and Maggie during their argument?
5. Who is one of the main characters?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)