|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Maggie's purpose for entering the room?
(a) Take a nap
(b) Change her dress
(c) Make a phone call
(d) Write in her diary
2. Which one of Mae's children interrupts Brick and Maggie during their argument?
3. What does Brick refuse to do that frustrates Maggie?
(a) He will not get dressed
(b) He will not sign the card that goes with their gift
(c) He will not go on a job interview
(d) He will not stop calling the maid insulting names
4. What is the location for the setting?
(a) New Orleans
(b) The Pollitt plantation
(c) The countryside
5. Who is Mae?
(a) Gooper's wife
(b) Maggie's sister
(c) Gooper's ex-wife
(d) Brick's sister
6. What function does the setting also serve?
(a) A fishing hole
(b) A voting hall
(c) A town hall
(d) A sitting room
7. What is Maggie's plan regarding her marriage?
(a) She is about at the end of her patience
(b) She is going to stay until it is better again
(c) She is divorcing Brick as soon as possible
(d) She wishes she never married
8. What does Maggie call Mae's children?
(a) No-neck monsters
(b) Minor annoyances
(c) Balls of sugar
(d) Little darlings
9. What does the doctor intend to tell Big Mama tonight?
(a) The truth about Big Daddy's disease
(b) Which medications Big Daddy needs
(c) That she has cancer
(d) That Big Daddy needs a vacation
10. What physical injury has Brick recently sustained?
(a) Broken arm
(b) Herniated disk
(c) Broken ankle
(d) Broken leg
11. How does Maggie enter the room in the first act?
(b) In a huff
12. According to Maggie, you can be young without ______________ but you cannot be old without it.
(b) A sense of humor
13. What is Mae's family background?
(a) A snooty family from Boston
(b) Cultured family from New Orleans
(c) Poor white trash from Tupelo
(d) Prominent family in Memphis
14. What does Brick choose to wear to the event?
(a) An old robe
(b) Khakis and polo shirt
(c) Jeans and T shirt
(d) White silk pajamas
15. How are the two main characters related?
(a) They are married
(b) They work together
(c) They are best friends
(d) Brother and sister
Short Answer Questions
1. For which character is the play named?
2. Who occupies the setting of the first act?
3. Who interrupts Brick and Maggie by pounding on the door?
4. According to Maggie, who sees Big Daddy's last birthday as a double cause for celebration?
5. With whom had people thought Brick had an inappropriate relationship?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)