|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is one of the main characters?
2. What is the name of the family showcased in the play?
3. Why does Maggie plead with Brick?
(a) She wants to adopt a child
(b) She cannot bear his indifference any longer
(c) She wants to buy some new clothes
(d) She wants to return to their home
4. Why is the play's name attributed to that character?
(a) Jumpy nerves
(b) Feline movements
(c) Feline facial characteristics
(d) High spirits and perseverance
5. How does Maggie enter the room in the first act?
(b) In a huff
6. What is the location for the setting?
(a) The countryside
(b) New Orleans
(c) The Pollitt plantation
7. What does Brick refuse to do that frustrates Maggie?
(a) He will not get dressed
(b) He will not sign the card that goes with their gift
(c) He will not stop calling the maid insulting names
(d) He will not go on a job interview
8. What does Brick choose to wear to the event?
(a) White silk pajamas
(b) Khakis and polo shirt
(c) An old robe
(d) Jeans and T shirt
9. What does Maggie reassure Brick about?
(a) That he will get another job
(b) That he will get the inheritance
(c) That their sex life will return
(d) That his ankle will heal soon
10. Who does Big Mama blame for the demise of Brick and Maggie's marriage?
11. What is Brick doing when Maggie is talking to him?
(a) Talking on the phone
(b) Trying to nap
(c) Reading the paper
(d) Taking a shower
12. What does Big Daddy think of Brick?
(a) He is his favorite child
(b) He can barely tolerate him
(c) He dotes on him
(d) He thinks he is just average
13. What does Maggie admit to Brick?
(a) She is leaving
(b) She is ill
(c) She is lonely
(d) She is pregnant
14. How many children do Brick and Maggie have?
15. What is Big Daddy's perception of Gooper and Mae's brood?
(a) He dotes on them
(b) He thinks they are average
(c) He can take them or leave them
(d) He can barely tolerate them
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical injury has Brick recently sustained?
2. According to Maggie, who sees Big Daddy's last birthday as a double cause for celebration?
3. What secret does the family intend to keep from Big Daddy?
4. Why is the inheritance such a critical factor now?
5. What is Maggie's plan regarding her marriage?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)