|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children do Brick and Maggie have?
2. For which character is the play named?
3. What does Brick advise Maggie to do?
(a) Take a lover
(b) Get him another drink
(c) Help with dinner
(d) Take a cold shower
4. What does Brick choose to wear to the event?
(a) Khakis and polo shirt
(b) Jeans and T shirt
(c) An old robe
(d) White silk pajamas
5. How did Brick sustain his recent injury?
(a) Wrecking a car
(b) Jumping hurdles
(c) Falling down steps
(d) Riding a horse
6. What is the setting for the play's opening act?
(a) By the river
(b) The town social
(c) A bedroom
(d) The veranda
7. How does Maggie enter the room in the first act?
(a) In a huff
8. Why does Maggie plead with Brick?
(a) She cannot bear his indifference any longer
(b) She wants to buy some new clothes
(c) She wants to return to their home
(d) She wants to adopt a child
9. What is Maggie's purpose for entering the room?
(a) Take a nap
(b) Make a phone call
(c) Change her dress
(d) Write in her diary
10. Who is Mae?
(a) Gooper's wife
(b) Brick's sister
(c) Gooper's ex-wife
(d) Maggie's sister
11. What does Maggie reassure Brick about?
(a) That he will get the inheritance
(b) That his ankle will heal soon
(c) That their sex life will return
(d) That he will get another job
12. With which one of Brick's friends did Maggie make love?
13. Who does Big Mama blame for the demise of Brick and Maggie's marriage?
14. With whom had people thought Brick had an inappropriate relationship?
15. Where is Brick hiding while Big Mama chastises Maggie?
(a) The veranda
(b) The bathroom
(c) The den
(d) The garage
Short Answer Questions
1. What other advantage do Brick and Maggie have in the inheritance issue?
2. How many acts are in this play?
3. How many children does Mae have?
4. Who does Maggie think will be named the primary beneficiaries in Big Daddy's will?
5. What secret does the family intend to keep from Big Daddy?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)