|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret does the family intend to keep from Big Daddy?
(a) That Maggie is infertile
(b) That Big Mama is sick
(c) That he has terminal cancer
(d) That Lacey is his child
2. How did Brick sustain his recent injury?
(a) Riding a horse
(b) Jumping hurdles
(c) Falling down steps
(d) Wrecking a car
3. According to Maggie, you can be young without ______________ but you cannot be old without it.
(a) A sense of humor
4. What did the family discuss at dinner which Brick missed?
(a) Maggie's going to a fertility center
(b) Admitting Brick to an alcoholic treatment center
(c) Big Mama's new furniture
(d) Big Daddy's new car
5. What does Maggie admit to Brick?
(a) She is lonely
(b) She is ill
(c) She is pregnant
(d) She is leaving
6. What does Brick do when Maggie makes suggestive advances?
(a) Walks away from her
(b) Slaps her
(c) Reminds her of the conditions of their marriage
(d) Screams at her
7. Where is Brick hiding while Big Mama chastises Maggie?
(a) The den
(b) The veranda
(c) The garage
(d) The bathroom
8. How are the two main characters related?
(a) They are best friends
(b) Brother and sister
(c) They are married
(d) They work together
9. Where does the family live?
(a) Ranch house in the suburbs
(b) Southern plantation
(c) Townhouse in the city
(d) A ranch
10. What would help Maggie endure her ongoing state of sexual deprivation?
(a) If Brick would lose his looks
(b) If Brick would just be nice to her again
(c) If she would do volunteer work
(d) If she would take a lover
11. What does Maggie call Mae's children?
(a) Balls of sugar
(b) Minor annoyances
(c) No-neck monsters
(d) Little darlings
12. Who does Big Mama talk to on the phone about Big Daddy's diagnosis?
(b) Miss Sally
(c) Miss Ellie
(d) Reverend Mitchell
13. Who is the patriarch of the family?
(a) Old Joe
(b) The Big Guy
(c) Mr. Hall
(d) Big Daddy
14. Who occupies the setting of the first act?
(a) Anyone in town
(b) Gooper and Mae
(c) Anyone invited
(d) Brick and Maggie
15. What function does the setting also serve?
(a) A voting hall
(b) A town hall
(c) A sitting room
(d) A fishing hole
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children do Brick and Maggie have?
2. Why is the play's name attributed to that character?
3. What advantage does Maggie think that Gooper and Mae have in the inheritance?
4. Which one of Mae's children interrupts Brick and Maggie during their argument?
5. In what state does the family live?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)