|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the two main characters related?
(a) Brother and sister
(b) They work together
(c) They are married
(d) They are best friends
2. With which one of Brick's friends did Maggie make love?
3. What does Maggie admit to Brick?
(a) She is leaving
(b) She is lonely
(c) She is pregnant
(d) She is ill
4. Who does Big Mama blame for the demise of Brick and Maggie's marriage?
5. How many acts are in this play?
6. What is Maggie's purpose for entering the room?
(a) Take a nap
(b) Change her dress
(c) Write in her diary
(d) Make a phone call
7. Why is the play's name attributed to that character?
(a) Jumpy nerves
(b) Feline movements
(c) High spirits and perseverance
(d) Feline facial characteristics
8. What secret does the family intend to keep from Big Daddy?
(a) That Maggie is infertile
(b) That Lacey is his child
(c) That Big Mama is sick
(d) That he has terminal cancer
9. For which character is the play named?
10. What is the setting for the play's opening act?
(a) The town social
(b) By the river
(c) The veranda
(d) A bedroom
11. Who is one of the main characters?
12. What is the name of the family showcased in the play?
13. What would help Maggie endure her ongoing state of sexual deprivation?
(a) If Brick would just be nice to her again
(b) If she would do volunteer work
(c) If she would take a lover
(d) If Brick would lose his looks
14. What is Brick doing when Maggie is talking to him?
(a) Reading the paper
(b) Talking on the phone
(c) Taking a shower
(d) Trying to nap
15. Which one of Mae's children interrupts Brick and Maggie during their argument?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom had people thought Brick had an inappropriate relationship?
2. What is Mae's family background?
3. What does Brick advise Maggie to do?
4. Who does Maggie think will be named the primary beneficiaries in Big Daddy's will?
5. What does Maggie call herself?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)