|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the patriarch of the family?
(a) Big Daddy
(b) The Big Guy
(c) Mr. Hall
(d) Old Joe
2. Who does Big Mama blame for the demise of Brick and Maggie's marriage?
3. What does the doctor intend to tell Big Mama tonight?
(a) Which medications Big Daddy needs
(b) That she has cancer
(c) The truth about Big Daddy's disease
(d) That Big Daddy needs a vacation
4. How many acts are in this play?
5. What does Brick refuse to do that frustrates Maggie?
(a) He will not sign the card that goes with their gift
(b) He will not stop calling the maid insulting names
(c) He will not get dressed
(d) He will not go on a job interview
6. What is the setting for the play's opening act?
(a) By the river
(b) The town social
(c) A bedroom
(d) The veranda
7. How many children do Brick and Maggie have?
8. Who is Gooper?
(a) Brick's brother
(b) Maggie's ex-husband
(c) Brick's friend
(d) Maggie's brother
9. For which character is the play named?
10. How are the two main characters related?
(a) They are married
(b) Brother and sister
(c) They work together
(d) They are best friends
11. Who interrupts Brick and Maggie as they argue?
(b) Big Mama
(c) Big Daddy
12. What is the name of the family showcased in the play?
13. Where does the family live?
(a) Southern plantation
(b) Ranch house in the suburbs
(c) Townhouse in the city
(d) A ranch
14. Where is Brick hiding while Big Mama chastises Maggie?
(a) The garage
(b) The veranda
(c) The bathroom
(d) The den
15. With which one of Brick's friends did Maggie make love?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Maggie think will be named the primary beneficiaries in Big Daddy's will?
2. What advantage does Maggie think that Gooper and Mae have in the inheritance?
3. What does Brick advise Maggie to do?
4. With whom had people thought Brick had an inappropriate relationship?
5. In what state does the family live?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)