|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would help Maggie endure her ongoing state of sexual deprivation?
(a) If she would take a lover
(b) If Brick would just be nice to her again
(c) If she would do volunteer work
(d) If Brick would lose his looks
2. How does Brick feel about the upcoming event?
(a) He hopes he is well enough to attend
(b) He is looking forward to the event
(c) He bristles at the thought of a family event
(d) He has no intentions of going to the event
3. According to Maggie, you can be young without ______________ but you cannot be old without it.
(b) A sense of humor
4. What secret does the family intend to keep from Big Daddy?
(a) That he has terminal cancer
(b) That Maggie is infertile
(c) That Big Mama is sick
(d) That Lacey is his child
5. What is Mae's family background?
(a) Poor white trash from Tupelo
(b) Prominent family in Memphis
(c) Cultured family from New Orleans
(d) A snooty family from Boston
6. Who is the other main character?
7. What does Big Daddy think of Brick?
(a) He is his favorite child
(b) He dotes on him
(c) He can barely tolerate him
(d) He thinks he is just average
8. Who interrupts Brick and Maggie as they argue?
(c) Big Daddy
(d) Big Mama
9. With which one of Brick's friends did Maggie make love?
10. What advantage does Maggie think that Gooper and Mae have in the inheritance?
(a) They have strong investment skills
(b) They are the oldest
(c) They go to church regularly
(d) They have several children
11. Who occupies the setting of the first act?
(a) Brick and Maggie
(b) Anyone invited
(c) Gooper and Mae
(d) Anyone in town
12. What is the setting for the play's opening act?
(a) The town social
(b) The veranda
(c) By the river
(d) A bedroom
13. What does Brick do when Maggie makes suggestive advances?
(a) Reminds her of the conditions of their marriage
(b) Screams at her
(c) Slaps her
(d) Walks away from her
14. What does the doctor intend to tell Big Mama tonight?
(a) The truth about Big Daddy's disease
(b) That Big Daddy needs a vacation
(c) That she has cancer
(d) Which medications Big Daddy needs
15. How did Brick sustain his recent injury?
(a) Wrecking a car
(b) Falling down steps
(c) Riding a horse
(d) Jumping hurdles
Short Answer Questions
1. For which character is the play named?
2. Where is Brick hiding while Big Mama chastises Maggie?
3. How many acts are in this play?
4. Why does Maggie plead with Brick?
5. What physical injury has Brick recently sustained?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)