|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Mae have?
(a) 2 with another on the way
(b) 5 with another on the way
(c) 4 with another on the way
(d) 6 with another on the way
2. What does Maggie reassure Brick about?
(a) That he will get another job
(b) That his ankle will heal soon
(c) That he will get the inheritance
(d) That their sex life will return
3. With which one of Brick's friends did Maggie make love?
4. Who does Big Mama talk to on the phone about Big Daddy's diagnosis?
(a) Reverend Mitchell
(b) Miss Ellie
(c) Miss Sally
5. Who occupies the setting of the first act?
(a) Anyone invited
(b) Brick and Maggie
(c) Anyone in town
(d) Gooper and Mae
6. What is the location for the setting?
(a) The countryside
(b) New Orleans
(c) The Pollitt plantation
7. What does Brick do when Maggie makes suggestive advances?
(a) Reminds her of the conditions of their marriage
(b) Slaps her
(c) Screams at her
(d) Walks away from her
8. Who interrupts Brick and Maggie as they argue?
(c) Big Mama
(d) Big Daddy
9. According to Maggie, you can be young without ______________ but you cannot be old without it.
(c) A sense of humor
10. What function does the setting also serve?
(a) A voting hall
(b) A sitting room
(c) A town hall
(d) A fishing hole
11. What is Mae's family background?
(a) Prominent family in Memphis
(b) Poor white trash from Tupelo
(c) Cultured family from New Orleans
(d) A snooty family from Boston
12. What has Mae arranged for tonight's event?
(a) A pianist will entertain during cocktails
(b) The children will entertain Big Daddy
(c) A caterer will serve hors d'ouevres
(d) A jazz band will be playing
13. What did the family discuss at dinner which Brick missed?
(a) Big Mama's new furniture
(b) Big Daddy's new car
(c) Maggie's going to a fertility center
(d) Admitting Brick to an alcoholic treatment center
14. Who does Maggie think will be named the primary beneficiaries in Big Daddy's will?
(a) Brick and Maggie
(b) Gooper and Mae
(c) Mrs. Pollitt
(d) The church
15. How does Maggie enter the room in the first act?
(b) In a huff
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gooper?
2. Who interrupts Brick and Maggie by pounding on the door?
3. Why is the inheritance such a critical factor now?
4. Who does Big Mama blame for the demise of Brick and Maggie's marriage?
5. What is Big Daddy's perception of Gooper and Mae's brood?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)