|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maggie call Mae's children?
(a) Minor annoyances
(b) No-neck monsters
(c) Little darlings
(d) Balls of sugar
2. Who is Gooper?
(a) Maggie's ex-husband
(b) Maggie's brother
(c) Brick's friend
(d) Brick's brother
3. What is Maggie's purpose for entering the room?
(a) Take a nap
(b) Make a phone call
(c) Write in her diary
(d) Change her dress
4. Who is Mae?
(a) Brick's sister
(b) Gooper's wife
(c) Maggie's sister
(d) Gooper's ex-wife
5. What does Big Daddy think of Brick?
(a) He thinks he is just average
(b) He dotes on him
(c) He can barely tolerate him
(d) He is his favorite child
6. How does Maggie enter the room in the first act?
(d) In a huff
7. How does Brick feel about the upcoming event?
(a) He bristles at the thought of a family event
(b) He hopes he is well enough to attend
(c) He has no intentions of going to the event
(d) He is looking forward to the event
8. Who occupies the setting of the first act?
(a) Anyone in town
(b) Brick and Maggie
(c) Gooper and Mae
(d) Anyone invited
9. What other advantage do Brick and Maggie have in the inheritance issue?
(a) Big Daddy finds Maggie attractive
(b) Brick is very loyal to Big Daddy
(c) Maggie is pregnant
(d) Big Mama's respect for Brick
10. Who is the other main character?
11. According to Maggie, you can be young without ______________ but you cannot be old without it.
(c) A sense of humor
12. Who does Maggie think will be named the primary beneficiaries in Big Daddy's will?
(a) Gooper and Mae
(b) Mrs. Pollitt
(c) The church
(d) Brick and Maggie
13. What does Brick advise Maggie to do?
(a) Take a lover
(b) Get him another drink
(c) Help with dinner
(d) Take a cold shower
14. What did the family discuss at dinner which Brick missed?
(a) Big Daddy's new car
(b) Admitting Brick to an alcoholic treatment center
(c) Maggie's going to a fertility center
(d) Big Mama's new furniture
15. Why is the play's name attributed to that character?
(a) Feline facial characteristics
(b) High spirits and perseverance
(c) Feline movements
(d) Jumpy nerves
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie call herself?
2. What event is to occur at the Pollitt plantation that evening?
3. How many acts are in this play?
4. What is Big Daddy's perception of Gooper and Mae's brood?
5. Who is one of the main characters?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)