|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Brick hiding while Big Mama chastises Maggie?
(a) The veranda
(b) The garage
(c) The den
(d) The bathroom
2. Who interrupts Brick and Maggie as they argue?
(c) Big Daddy
(d) Big Mama
3. How many children do Brick and Maggie have?
4. How are the two main characters related?
(a) They are married
(b) Brother and sister
(c) They work together
(d) They are best friends
5. Why is the inheritance such a critical factor now?
(a) Big Daddy is dying of cancer
(b) Brick needs the money
(c) Big Mama had a stroke
(d) The stock market is plunging
6. Why is the play's name attributed to that character?
(a) High spirits and perseverance
(b) Feline facial characteristics
(c) Feline movements
(d) Jumpy nerves
7. How does Brick feel about the upcoming event?
(a) He is looking forward to the event
(b) He bristles at the thought of a family event
(c) He has no intentions of going to the event
(d) He hopes he is well enough to attend
8. Which one of Mae's children interrupts Brick and Maggie during their argument?
9. What is Maggie's plan regarding her marriage?
(a) She is about at the end of her patience
(b) She is going to stay until it is better again
(c) She is divorcing Brick as soon as possible
(d) She wishes she never married
10. Who is Mae?
(a) Gooper's wife
(b) Maggie's sister
(c) Brick's sister
(d) Gooper's ex-wife
11. What is Brick doing when Maggie is talking to him?
(a) Trying to nap
(b) Reading the paper
(c) Talking on the phone
(d) Taking a shower
12. What does Brick refuse to do that frustrates Maggie?
(a) He will not sign the card that goes with their gift
(b) He will not go on a job interview
(c) He will not get dressed
(d) He will not stop calling the maid insulting names
13. What physical injury has Brick recently sustained?
(a) Broken ankle
(b) Broken arm
(c) Broken leg
(d) Herniated disk
14. With whom had people thought Brick had an inappropriate relationship?
15. What other advantage do Brick and Maggie have in the inheritance issue?
(a) Big Daddy finds Maggie attractive
(b) Maggie is pregnant
(c) Big Mama's respect for Brick
(d) Brick is very loyal to Big Daddy
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting for the play's opening act?
2. What does Maggie call Mae's children?
3. For which character is the play named?
4. What does Big Mama think Big Daddy's disease is?
5. What advantage does Maggie think that Gooper and Mae have in the inheritance?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)