|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Maggie, who sees Big Daddy's last birthday as a double cause for celebration?
(c) Gooper and Mae
(d) Doc Bough
2. How are the two main characters related?
(a) They work together
(b) They are best friends
(c) They are married
(d) Brother and sister
3. What physical injury has Brick recently sustained?
(a) Broken ankle
(b) Herniated disk
(c) Broken leg
(d) Broken arm
4. What does Maggie reassure Brick about?
(a) That he will get the inheritance
(b) That their sex life will return
(c) That he will get another job
(d) That his ankle will heal soon
5. What does Big Daddy think of Brick?
(a) He thinks he is just average
(b) He dotes on him
(c) He is his favorite child
(d) He can barely tolerate him
6. Who does Big Mama talk to on the phone about Big Daddy's diagnosis?
(a) Miss Ellie
(c) Miss Sally
(d) Reverend Mitchell
7. What secret does the family intend to keep from Big Daddy?
(a) That Big Mama is sick
(b) That Lacey is his child
(c) That Maggie is infertile
(d) That he has terminal cancer
8. In what state does the family live?
9. How many children do Brick and Maggie have?
10. What is the location for the setting?
(b) The countryside
(c) New Orleans
(d) The Pollitt plantation
11. Why is the inheritance such a critical factor now?
(a) The stock market is plunging
(b) Big Daddy is dying of cancer
(c) Brick needs the money
(d) Big Mama had a stroke
12. Who is Gooper?
(a) Brick's friend
(b) Maggie's ex-husband
(c) Brick's brother
(d) Maggie's brother
13. What would help Maggie endure her ongoing state of sexual deprivation?
(a) If she would take a lover
(b) If Brick would just be nice to her again
(c) If she would do volunteer work
(d) If Brick would lose his looks
14. What is Mae's family background?
(a) Prominent family in Memphis
(b) Poor white trash from Tupelo
(c) A snooty family from Boston
(d) Cultured family from New Orleans
15. For which character is the play named?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts Brick and Maggie as they argue?
2. How many children does Mae have?
3. Who interrupts Brick and Maggie by pounding on the door?
4. What is Maggie's plan regarding her marriage?
5. What does Maggie offer Brick as some relief from the summer heat?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)