|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Brick hiding while Big Mama chastises Maggie?
(a) The bathroom
(b) The veranda
(c) The den
(d) The garage
2. According to Maggie, you can be young without ______________ but you cannot be old without it.
(c) A sense of humor
3. Why is the play's name attributed to that character?
(a) High spirits and perseverance
(b) Jumpy nerves
(c) Feline movements
(d) Feline facial characteristics
4. Who occupies the setting of the first act?
(a) Brick and Maggie
(b) Anyone invited
(c) Gooper and Mae
(d) Anyone in town
5. What does Maggie admit to Brick?
(a) She is ill
(b) She is lonely
(c) She is pregnant
(d) She is leaving
6. What is Maggie's purpose for entering the room?
(a) Change her dress
(b) Take a nap
(c) Make a phone call
(d) Write in her diary
7. Why does Maggie plead with Brick?
(a) She cannot bear his indifference any longer
(b) She wants to adopt a child
(c) She wants to return to their home
(d) She wants to buy some new clothes
8. Where does the family live?
(a) Southern plantation
(b) A ranch
(c) Ranch house in the suburbs
(d) Townhouse in the city
9. How many children does Mae have?
(a) 6 with another on the way
(b) 5 with another on the way
(c) 4 with another on the way
(d) 2 with another on the way
10. What does the doctor intend to tell Big Mama tonight?
(a) The truth about Big Daddy's disease
(b) That she has cancer
(c) That Big Daddy needs a vacation
(d) Which medications Big Daddy needs
11. What secret does the family intend to keep from Big Daddy?
(a) That Maggie is infertile
(b) That he has terminal cancer
(c) That Big Mama is sick
(d) That Lacey is his child
12. What does Brick refuse to do that frustrates Maggie?
(a) He will not stop calling the maid insulting names
(b) He will not get dressed
(c) He will not go on a job interview
(d) He will not sign the card that goes with their gift
13. For which character is the play named?
14. What has Mae arranged for tonight's event?
(a) A jazz band will be playing
(b) A caterer will serve hors d'ouevres
(c) The children will entertain Big Daddy
(d) A pianist will entertain during cocktails
15. What is the location for the setting?
(a) The countryside
(b) The Pollitt plantation
(c) New Orleans
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brick choose to wear to the event?
2. Which one of Mae's children interrupts Brick and Maggie during their argument?
3. What does Brick advise Maggie to do?
4. What is the name of the family showcased in the play?
5. What function does the setting also serve?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)