|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mae?
(a) Maggie's sister
(b) Gooper's ex-wife
(c) Brick's sister
(d) Gooper's wife
2. How many acts are in this play?
3. What is the name of the family showcased in the play?
4. What does Maggie call herself?
(a) A thoroughbred
(b) The early bird
(c) The lead dog
(d) Cat on a hot tin roof
5. What function does the setting also serve?
(a) A town hall
(b) A fishing hole
(c) A sitting room
(d) A voting hall
6. What does Brick do when Maggie makes suggestive advances?
(a) Slaps her
(b) Reminds her of the conditions of their marriage
(c) Screams at her
(d) Walks away from her
7. According to Maggie, who sees Big Daddy's last birthday as a double cause for celebration?
(b) Doc Bough
(c) Gooper and Mae
8. What does Maggie offer Brick as some relief from the summer heat?
(a) Some cold lemonade
(b) An alcohol rub
(c) A cold beer
(d) A dip in the pool
9. What does Big Daddy think of Brick?
(a) He thinks he is just average
(b) He can barely tolerate him
(c) He dotes on him
(d) He is his favorite child
10. What secret does the family intend to keep from Big Daddy?
(a) That Big Mama is sick
(b) That he has terminal cancer
(c) That Lacey is his child
(d) That Maggie is infertile
11. What does Big Mama think Big Daddy's disease is?
(a) Acid reflux
(b) Spastic colon
12. How many children does Mae have?
(a) 2 with another on the way
(b) 5 with another on the way
(c) 6 with another on the way
(d) 4 with another on the way
13. Who does Maggie think will be named the primary beneficiaries in Big Daddy's will?
(a) Gooper and Mae
(b) Mrs. Pollitt
(c) The church
(d) Brick and Maggie
14. What would help Maggie endure her ongoing state of sexual deprivation?
(a) If she would do volunteer work
(b) If Brick would lose his looks
(c) If she would take a lover
(d) If Brick would just be nice to her again
15. Why is the inheritance such a critical factor now?
(a) Brick needs the money
(b) Big Mama had a stroke
(c) Big Daddy is dying of cancer
(d) The stock market is plunging
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maggie plead with Brick?
2. What is Maggie's purpose for entering the room?
3. With which one of Brick's friends did Maggie make love?
4. Where is Brick hiding while Big Mama chastises Maggie?
5. How are the two main characters related?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)