|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom had people thought Brick had an inappropriate relationship?
2. Who is Mae?
(a) Maggie's sister
(b) Gooper's wife
(c) Gooper's ex-wife
(d) Brick's sister
3. What does Maggie admit to Brick?
(a) She is leaving
(b) She is lonely
(c) She is ill
(d) She is pregnant
4. Why does Maggie plead with Brick?
(a) She wants to adopt a child
(b) She wants to buy some new clothes
(c) She cannot bear his indifference any longer
(d) She wants to return to their home
5. Who occupies the setting of the first act?
(a) Gooper and Mae
(b) Anyone in town
(c) Anyone invited
(d) Brick and Maggie
6. Why is the play's name attributed to that character?
(a) Feline facial characteristics
(b) Feline movements
(c) Jumpy nerves
(d) High spirits and perseverance
7. With which one of Brick's friends did Maggie make love?
8. Who is Gooper?
(a) Maggie's brother
(b) Maggie's ex-husband
(c) Brick's brother
(d) Brick's friend
9. For which character is the play named?
10. What does Brick choose to wear to the event?
(a) Jeans and T shirt
(b) Khakis and polo shirt
(c) An old robe
(d) White silk pajamas
11. Where is Brick hiding while Big Mama chastises Maggie?
(a) The bathroom
(b) The garage
(c) The den
(d) The veranda
12. Where does the family live?
(a) Townhouse in the city
(b) Southern plantation
(c) A ranch
(d) Ranch house in the suburbs
13. Who interrupts Brick and Maggie as they argue?
(b) Big Mama
(d) Big Daddy
14. In what state does the family live?
15. What secret does the family intend to keep from Big Daddy?
(a) That Lacey is his child
(b) That Big Mama is sick
(c) That he has terminal cancer
(d) That Maggie is infertile
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts Brick and Maggie by pounding on the door?
2. How many children does Mae have?
3. Which one of Mae's children interrupts Brick and Maggie during their argument?
4. Who does Big Mama blame for the demise of Brick and Maggie's marriage?
5. What event is to occur at the Pollitt plantation that evening?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)