|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts Brick and Maggie by pounding on the door?
(a) A no-necked monster
(c) Big Mama
2. Where is Brick hiding while Big Mama chastises Maggie?
(a) The bathroom
(b) The garage
(c) The veranda
(d) The den
3. Where does the family live?
(a) Ranch house in the suburbs
(b) Southern plantation
(c) A ranch
(d) Townhouse in the city
4. What advantage does Maggie think that Gooper and Mae have in the inheritance?
(a) They are the oldest
(b) They have strong investment skills
(c) They go to church regularly
(d) They have several children
5. Who is one of the main characters?
6. Why is the inheritance such a critical factor now?
(a) Big Mama had a stroke
(b) The stock market is plunging
(c) Big Daddy is dying of cancer
(d) Brick needs the money
7. Which one of Mae's children interrupts Brick and Maggie during their argument?
8. Who does Big Mama blame for the demise of Brick and Maggie's marriage?
9. What is the name of the family showcased in the play?
10. Who occupies the setting of the first act?
(a) Anyone in town
(b) Gooper and Mae
(c) Anyone invited
(d) Brick and Maggie
11. What is Maggie's purpose for entering the room?
(a) Write in her diary
(b) Take a nap
(c) Change her dress
(d) Make a phone call
12. What would help Maggie endure her ongoing state of sexual deprivation?
(a) If she would do volunteer work
(b) If Brick would lose his looks
(c) If she would take a lover
(d) If Brick would just be nice to her again
13. How many children do Brick and Maggie have?
14. What does Brick choose to wear to the event?
(a) An old robe
(b) Jeans and T shirt
(c) Khakis and polo shirt
(d) White silk pajamas
15. What does Brick advise Maggie to do?
(a) Help with dinner
(b) Take a lover
(c) Get him another drink
(d) Take a cold shower
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Brick doing when Maggie is talking to him?
2. What physical injury has Brick recently sustained?
3. With whom had people thought Brick had an inappropriate relationship?
4. Who does Maggie think will be named the primary beneficiaries in Big Daddy's will?
5. How are the two main characters related?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)