|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action shows that Catherine has accepted Shaggy Beard's offer of marriage?
(a) She makes use of his wedding presents.
(b) She ties her hair up, indicating she is no longer single.
(c) She wears his ring.
(d) She tells the other villagers of her impending marriage.
2. Whose grandmother dies in June?
(a) Lady Aelis'.
3. Where does Catherine visit Meg in July?
(a) At the church.
(b) Meg's cottage.
(c) The seaside.
(d) Catherine's house.
4. What is Catherine not successful at when April begins?
(a) Growing a garden.
(b) Fooling anybody.
(c) Studying for a test.
(d) Warming up to the idea of marriage.
5. Where does Catherine think of running away to in September?
(d) London or Ireland.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Catherine feel about Geoffrey visiting in March?
2. How is Catherine's mother feeling in July?
3. What is the Crossbridge Miracle?
4. What is Catherine's new sister called?
5. Who returns Catherine to her home after she runs away in September?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Aelis to wed in September? How does Catherine react to this news?
2. What happens in regards to Catherine's engagement in May?
3. Describe Aunt Ethelfritha.
4. Why does Catherine's father throw a priest down the stairs in September?
5. Who is Odd William and what story does he tell Catherine?
6. What do the villagers do on May Day?
7. Describe Catherine's mother's childbirth experience in September.
8. What ailment does Catherine's father have in June?
9. What is Holy Week? How do the characters prepare for Holy Week?
10. What does Catherine see at the fair in August? How does she feel about what she sees?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)