|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Catherine wish to be called in May?
(b) Mrs. Shaggy Beard.
(c) Lady Katie.
2. Who returns to the home in August?
(a) Catherine's father.
3. What does Catherine's mother beg for in May?
(a) A new set of dishes.
(b) For Catherine and Shaggy Beard to settle nearby.
(c) For Catherine's wedding to take place after the birth of her child.
(d) For Catherine to runaway before the wedding.
4. Why is a Spanish physician called to the manor in June?
(a) Catherine's brother is throwing up repeatedly.
(b) Catherine has been suffering from headaches.
(c) Catherine's mother is finding it difficult to breathe.
(d) Catherine's father has a toothache.
5. What does Catherine realize about her engagement to Shaggy Beard in July?
(a) She will have to leave her family soon.
(b) She will have to obey his every whim.
(c) He will need her consent for a real wedding.
(d) She will no longer be a child soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does George refuse to see in April?
2. What does Catherine start a book of in July?
3. How does Catherine feel about Geoffrey visiting in March?
4. Who does Meg become engaged to in March?
5. Whose grandmother dies in June?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Meg? What happens to Meg in March?
2. Describe Catherine's mother's childbirth experience in September.
3. Why does Catherine's father throw a priest down the stairs in September?
4. What do the villagers do on May Day?
5. What does Catherine learn when she returns home with George in September? How does she feel about this news?
6. What is Holy Week? How do the characters prepare for Holy Week?
7. Who is Geoffrey? What does Catherine think of Geoffrey?
8. What happens in regards to Catherine's engagement in April?
9. What happens in regards to Catherine's engagement in May?
10. What does Catherine witness Geoffrey doing in April?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)