|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits at the beginning of May that dismays Catherine?
(b) Shaggy Beard.
(d) Shaggy Beard's agents.
2. Where did the monks that visit Catherine's manor in July find the relics?
(a) Buried nearby a church.
(b) On a soldier's property in Rome.
(c) Dumped in a forest in the south of France.
(d) In a lake.
3. How did Aelis' engagement in September come about?
(a) The groom-to-be asked her out of the blue.
(b) The groom-to-be's father made the arrangements.
(c) Her father decided on the union.
(d) It was Aelis' idea.
4. What does Catherine do to prepare for her impending marriage to Shaggy Beard?
(a) She writes a letter to her sister.
(b) She walks around her house remembering things from her childhood.
(c) She styles her hair differently.
(d) She frees her birds and packs.
5. How long is Catherine's mother's labor?
(a) Twelve hours.
(b) Twenty-four hours.
(c) Two days.
(d) Thirty hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Stephen?
2. Who does Meg become engaged to in March?
3. What does Catherine talk to her mother about in July?
4. How does Catherine describe Geoffrey?
5. Who is Odd William?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Catherine's mother's childbirth experience in September.
2. Why does Catherine consider running away in March?
3. Who visits Catherine's home in July? What does Catherine note about her visitors?
4. Who dies in May?
5. What is Catherine's mother's condition in August? How does Catherine's father treat her?
6. What does Catherine see at the fair in August? How does she feel about what she sees?
7. Who is Aelis to wed in September? How does Catherine react to this news?
8. What does Robert do with the bear that Catherine buys at the fair?
9. What does Catherine talk to Aunt Ethelfritha about when she runs away in September?
10. What happens in regards to Catherine's engagement in April?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)