|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Catherine horrified by at the beginning of December?
(a) The tasteless jokes that the villagers make.
(b) A group of hoodlums injuring a cat.
(c) How young the criminal is.
(d) The reality of childbirth.
2. What does Catherine worry about on her way home at the beginning of December?
(a) Whether or not the King has died.
(b) Whether or not the old woman is ok.
(c) Whether or not the cat will live.
(d) Whether the two men will forgive one another.
3. What is Master Lack-Wit's job?
(a) He is a sergeant.
(b) He is a silk merchant.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a wool merchant.
4. Where has Catherine's Uncle George been for the last twenty years?
(a) Spain living with his mother.
(b) By the sea recuperating from an illness.
(c) Exploring uncharted territories.
(d) Fighting in the Crusades.
5. What does Catherine dream about in October that angers her?
(a) Someone stealing her favorite bird.
(b) The miller's farting apprentice.
(c) Her brothers having fun while she toils away.
(d) Her father making her marry a buffoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine see on her way home at the beginning of December?
2. Who tries to kill one of Catherine's dogs in February?
3. Who does Catherine consider casting a spell on in November?
4. Who passes through Catherine's village in October?
5. What type of bird does Catherine not care for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Christmas celebrations in December.
2. What is the setting of the novel Catherine, Called Birdy?
3. Who is Lady Aelis?
4. Who does Lady Aelis marry in January? How does George react?
5. What does Catherine share about Lady Aelis in February?
6. How does Catherine share information about herself? What does she like to talk about?
7. Why does the house have a huge feast in late February?
8. What are some examples of how life was different in the 1200's compared to how they are now?
9. How has the Crusades affected Catherine's family?
10. How did Catherine's parents meet?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)