|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in the hall in February?
(a) The hall becomes flooded.
(b) A brawl.
(c) The chandelier crashes to the ground.
(d) Perkin faints in the hall.
2. Who is Perkin?
(a) Catherine's cousin.
(b) Catherine's brother.
(c) Catherine's friend.
(d) Catherine's uncle.
3. Why does Catherine put on boy's clothes in October?
(a) To try and travel with the group that is passing through her town.
(b) To trick her aunt who she has never met.
(c) To join the circus.
(d) To be able to compete in an archery contest.
4. Who is Morwenna?
(a) Catherine's nurse.
(b) Catherine's mother.
(c) Catherine's cousin.
(d) Catherine's friend.
5. What does Catherine complain about in January?
(a) That she has such mean brothers.
(b) That she must marry someone she does not love.
(c) That she must treat everyone's illnesses and hangovers.
(d) That her hair does not grow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Catherine fall in love with the monks' lifestyle?
2. What does Catherine dream about in October that angers her?
3. How does Catherine scare off Master Lack-Wit in the first chapter?
4. What year is it at the beginning of the novel?
5. How does Catherine describe the visitor in February?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Catherine share information about herself? What does she like to talk about?
2. Why does Catherine cry a lot in November?
3. What does Shaggy Beard do in February that upsets Catherine?
4. What are some things that Catherine likes and dislikes? What are some of her hopes and dreams?
5. Why does Catherine consider living in a nunnery? Why does she decide against it in the end?
6. How does Catherine scare off a suitor in December?
7. What does Catherine learn about the outside world in December?
8. What does Catherine imagine about her father in November?
9. What does Catherine think of the abbey and the monk's lifestyle when she visits her brother?
10. What are some examples of how life was different in the 1200's compared to how they are now?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)