|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aelis miss a meeting with Catherine in the meadow in November?
(a) She is with George.
(b) She is out of town.
(c) She is ill.
(d) She is busy preparing her home for a guest.
2. Why does Catherine rule out running off to a nunnery?
(a) The nunnery is an old damp building.
(b) She doesn't like old women.
(c) She doesn't want to do the required embroidery.
(d) The nunnery is too far away.
3. How does George react to Aelis' marriage?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) He is desolate.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is happy for her.
4. What type of bird does Catherine not care for?
(a) The chicken.
(b) The peacock.
(c) The ostrich.
(d) The swan.
5. What does Catherine worry about on her way home at the beginning of December?
(a) Whether or not the King has died.
(b) Whether or not the old woman is ok.
(c) Whether the two men will forgive one another.
(d) Whether or not the cat will live.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the likely reason that Robert is marrying in February?
2. What does Catherine have to pick out of her bedding?
3. What historical figure does Catherine envison herself riding into battle like in October?
4. Why is Catherine afraid for her mother's life in February?
5. How does Catherine's family celebrate Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Catherine's visit with the King's cousin.
2. What does Catherine observe of the Jewish group that passes through the village?
3. Who are the members of Catherine's family? What does the reader learn about them?
4. Describe some of Catherine's suitors.
5. What happens in the hall in February?
6. What does Catherine think of the abbey and the monk's lifestyle when she visits her brother?
7. What does Robert do in January?
8. What does Catherine do during a feast at the end of November?
9. Why does Catherine cry a lot in November?
10. What are some things that Catherine likes and dislikes? What are some of her hopes and dreams?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)