|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is returning home for Christmas, much to Catherine's chagrin?
2. Who is Morwenna?
(a) Catherine's mother.
(b) Catherine's friend.
(c) Catherine's cousin.
(d) Catherine's nurse.
3. What is Edward's job or calling?
(a) He is a monk.
(b) He is in the army.
(c) He is a knight.
(d) He is a carpenter.
4. What rodent does Catherine liken the visitor to in February?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A rat.
(d) A chipmunk.
5. Who is Thomas?
(a) Catherine's father.
(b) Catherine's cousin.
(c) Catherine's brother.
(d) Catherine's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who passes through Catherine's village in October?
2. Besides her bedding, where else does Catherine have to pick out a certain insect?
3. How does Catherine's family celebrate Christmas?
4. Who tells Catherine that she needs to be herself in October?
5. What does Catherine begin to talk about at the beginning of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Catherine share information about herself? What does she like to talk about?
2. What are some examples of how life was different in the 1200's compared to how they are now?
3. Who does Lady Aelis marry in January? How does George react?
4. How does Catherine take care of others in January? How does she feel about this?
5. Who are some of the characters that the reader is introduced to early on in the novel?
6. Describe Uncle George's homecoming.
7. What are some things that Catherine likes and dislikes? What are some of her hopes and dreams?
8. Why does the house have a huge feast in late February?
9. What does Catherine imagine about her father in November?
10. What happens in the hall in February?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)