|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Catherine's father react to her mother's fever?
(a) He barely notices her depleted state.
(b) He is very upset but is gentle with her.
(c) He is angry that she went outside without her shawl.
(d) He is depressed and unsure of what to do.
2. What does Catherine imagine after Robert leaves with his wife in March?
(a) Meeting her future husband.
(b) What Robert's children will look like.
(c) Her own fancy wedding.
(d) A summer feast.
3. Who is Aelis going to marry in September?
4. What does Catherine's mother beg for in May?
(a) For Catherine's wedding to take place after the birth of her child.
(b) A new set of dishes.
(c) For Catherine to runaway before the wedding.
(d) For Catherine and Shaggy Beard to settle nearby.
5. Who dies in July?
(a) Aelis' young husband.
(c) Catherine's uncle.
6. What does Catherine talk to her mother about in July?
(a) The weather.
(b) Her father's strict rules.
(c) The nature of marriage.
(d) Traveling to other parts of the world.
7. Who does Catherine talk about running away together with in September?
(b) Lady Aelis.
(c) Her mother.
8. How does Catherine's mother feel after giving birth?
(a) She is tired but in good spirits.
(b) She is feverish and ill.
(c) She feels joyous.
(d) She is depressed and weak.
9. Where does Catherine's father go in July?
10. Who is given the grandmother's cottage?
(c) Meg and Alf.
(d) Lady Aelis.
11. What does Catherine see a play of in June?
(a) Feast of Fools.
(b) The Castle of Perseverance.
(c) The Condemnation of Banquets.
(d) Corpus Christi.
12. Where does Catherine visit Meg in July?
(a) Meg's cottage.
(b) The seaside.
(c) At the church.
(d) Catherine's house.
13. What change does Catherine notice in George in April?
(a) He appears weaker and gaunt.
(b) He is far happier.
(c) He is less patient.
(d) He is much more withdrawn.
14. How is Catherine's mother feeling in July?
(a) She is feeling fresh.
(b) She is depressed.
(c) She is suffering.
(d) She is weak but optimistic.
15. What does Catherine find Geoffrey doing that changes her opinion of him in April?
(a) He makes fun of Perkin.
(b) He dumps trash in the pond.
(c) He throws rocks at a peddler.
(d) He taunts an old man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine do to Geoffrey in April?
2. What does Catherine buy first at the fair in August?
3. How does Catherine describe Stephen?
4. What does Catherine want to practice with Perkin in May?
5. What does Catherine do to Agnes in March?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)