|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Catherine's father react to her mother's fever?
(a) He barely notices her depleted state.
(b) He is depressed and unsure of what to do.
(c) He is angry that she went outside without her shawl.
(d) He is very upset but is gentle with her.
2. Where does Catherine's father go in July?
3. Who does Meg become engaged to in March?
(a) A traveling merchant.
(d) The son of the baker.
4. What does Catherine discuss with Perkin in March?
(a) Catherine's most recent crush.
(b) Whether or not she should run away.
(c) Perkin's writing and reading.
(d) Perkin's future goals.
5. What do the villagers do to celebrate this special day in May?
(a) They give flowers to their loved ones.
(b) They pray in church.
(c) They remember the fallen soldiers.
(d) They make a maypole and dance.
6. How did Aelis' engagement in September come about?
(a) The groom-to-be's father made the arrangements.
(b) Her father decided on the union.
(c) It was Aelis' idea.
(d) The groom-to-be asked her out of the blue.
7. Who is George married to?
(d) Lady Aelis.
8. What does Catherine start a book of in July?
(a) A book of quotations.
(b) A book of remedies.
(c) A book of observations.
(d) A book of recipes.
9. Who is Aelis going to marry in September?
10. What does Catherine talk to her mother about in July?
(a) Her father's strict rules.
(b) The nature of marriage.
(c) Traveling to other parts of the world.
(d) The weather.
11. What does Catherine do when the riders come for her for the wedding?
(a) She runs to Perkin's.
(b) She yells at them.
(c) She tells them to leave.
(d) She hands them her bags in silence.
12. Who is Odd William?
(a) The town idiot.
(b) A self-styled scholar.
(c) Catherine's uncle.
(d) An insane beggar.
13. What is the Crossbridge Miracle?
(a) A man woke up with the supposed ability to speak fluent Hebrew.
(b) An impressive result in a crossbow tournament.
(c) A formerly paralyzed man crossed a thirty-feet bridge on foot.
(d) A mother gave birth to eighteen children within five years.
14. Why does Catherine's father throw this person down the stairs in September?
(a) He has come to read Catherine's mother's last rites.
(b) He does not move fast enough.
(c) He yells at Catherine's mother when she is weak.
(d) He bad mouths Catherine's father.
15. What is discovered of the Crossbridge Miracle in June?
(a) The Hebrew is actually gibberish.
(b) The paralyzed man was faking his disability.
(c) The tournament was fixed.
(d) The mother was not the birth mother of all the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Catherine's mother's labor?
2. What does Catherine want to practice with Perkin in May?
3. How does Catherine describe Agnes?
4. How did this person who died in September die?
5. How is Catherine's mother feeling in July?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)