|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Catherine feel about her soon-to-be-husband?
(a) She is delighted and can't wait to go to him.
(b) She does not feel anything for him.
(c) She despises him with every ounce of her being.
(d) She thinks he will make an excellent friend.
2. Who dies in July?
(b) Aelis' young husband.
(d) Catherine's uncle.
3. What name does Catherine wish to be called in May?
(b) Lady Katie.
(c) Mrs. Shaggy Beard.
4. What does Catherine question in March?
(a) Her mother's compliments.
(b) Her father's motives for marrying her off.
(c) Her friendships.
(d) Her religious teachings.
5. What does Catherine imagine after Robert leaves with his wife in March?
(a) Meeting her future husband.
(b) A summer feast.
(c) What Robert's children will look like.
(d) Her own fancy wedding.
6. What does Edward do in March?
(a) He goes to Rome.
(b) He visits the manor.
(c) He sends books for Lent.
(d) He tutors Catherine.
7. What does Catherine do to Agnes in March?
(a) She hides from her.
(b) She lies to her about her appearance.
(c) She shoves her into an eel pie.
(d) She throws sink water at her.
8. What does Catherine see a play of in June?
(a) The Castle of Perseverance.
(b) The Condemnation of Banquets.
(c) Corpus Christi.
(d) Feast of Fools.
9. What is discovered of the Crossbridge Miracle in June?
(a) The Hebrew is actually gibberish.
(b) The mother was not the birth mother of all the children.
(c) The tournament was fixed.
(d) The paralyzed man was faking his disability.
10. Where does Catherine's father go in July?
11. What negotiations take place during Easter?
(a) Negotiations concerning the building of the new privy.
(b) Negotiations concerning the servants wages.
(c) Negotiations concerning the estate's property value.
(d) Negotiations with Shaggy Beard concerning Catherine's dowry.
12. Who comes to visit in July?
(a) George and Ethelfritha.
(d) Lady Aelis.
13. Whose grandmother dies in June?
(a) Lady Aelis'.
14. What change does Catherine notice in George in April?
(a) He is less patient.
(b) He appears weaker and gaunt.
(c) He is far happier.
(d) He is much more withdrawn.
15. What does Catherine find Geoffrey doing that changes her opinion of him in April?
(a) He taunts an old man.
(b) He throws rocks at a peddler.
(c) He dumps trash in the pond.
(d) He makes fun of Perkin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ethelfritha claim she has seen in April?
2. Who does Meg become engaged to in March?
3. Who is Odd William?
4. What event is approaching in April?
5. Where does Catherine visit Meg in July?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)