|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Catherine cry in November?
(a) The budding romance between Aelis and George.
(b) News that she will marry soon.
(d) Her brother's cruel taunts.
2. What type of bird does Catherine not care for?
(a) The chicken.
(b) The peacock.
(c) The ostrich.
(d) The swan.
3. What or who comes several days after Uncle George's arrival in October?
(a) An army officer.
(b) A letter asking for him to return.
(c) Widespread illness.
(d) His baggage.
4. What does Lady Aelis bring to Catherine's house in October?
5. Who does the beautiful man on horseback tell Catherine he is going to propose to?
(d) Catherine's sister.
6. What does Catherine confess that she secretly wishes she was in Chapter 1?
(a) A boy.
(b) A princess.
(c) A villager.
(d) A circus performer.
7. On what type of day does the family have a feast in November?
(a) On an anniversary.
(b) On a saint's day.
(c) On a birthday.
(d) On a wedding day.
8. Why does Catherine put on boy's clothes in October?
(a) To be able to compete in an archery contest.
(b) To join the circus.
(c) To try and travel with the group that is passing through her town.
(d) To trick her aunt who she has never met.
9. Where has Catherine's Uncle George been for the last twenty years?
(a) By the sea recuperating from an illness.
(b) Fighting in the Crusades.
(c) Spain living with his mother.
(d) Exploring uncharted territories.
10. What historical figure does Catherine envison herself riding into battle like in October?
(a) Queen Eleanor.
(b) William Wallace.
(c) Joan of Arc.
(d) Robin Hood.
11. Who does Aelis marry in January?
(a) A seven-year old duke.
(b) A dairy farmer.
(c) A merchant.
(d) Her cousin.
12. Who are the villagers building a cottage for in October?
(a) Rafe Largecattle.
(b) Rex Smallsquirrel.
(c) Ralph Littlemouse.
(d) Ronnie Bigfox.
13. Who is Edward?
(a) Catherine's brother.
(b) Catherine's friend.
(c) Catherine's father.
(d) Catherine's uncle.
14. Who visits Catherine and her family in December?
15. What does Catherine worry about on her way home at the beginning of December?
(a) Whether or not the cat will live.
(b) Whether or not the King has died.
(c) Whether or not the old woman is ok.
(d) Whether the two men will forgive one another.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Catherine rule out running off to a nunnery?
2. What rodent does Catherine liken the visitor to in February?
3. What are Catherine and her mother presented with when they visit an abbey in October?
4. What is Edward's job or calling?
5. How does Catherine get rid of a suitor in December?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)