|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Catherine consider casting a spell on in November?
(a) Her suitor.
(b) Her brother.
(c) George and Aelis.
(d) Her father.
2. What does Catherine begin to teach Perkin to do in January?
(a) How to read.
(b) How to play the piano.
(c) How to sew.
(d) How to sing.
3. What does Catherine have to pick out of her bedding?
4. Who tells Catherine that she needs to be herself in October?
(a) An old Jewish lady.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) A clown.
(d) The queen's lady-in-waiting.
5. What are there none of in England as of December?
(c) Jewish people.
6. What does Catherine dream about in October that angers her?
(a) Someone stealing her favorite bird.
(b) Her brothers having fun while she toils away.
(c) Her father making her marry a buffoon.
(d) The miller's farting apprentice.
7. What does the visitor in February call Catherine?
(a) Little Bird.
8. How does the King swear?
(a) He says, "O Frightful God!"
(b) He says, "Upon Lucifer's ashes!"
(c) He says, "God's Breath!"
(d) He says, "Jesus' anguish!"
9. Who is Lady Aelis?
(a) Catherine's aunt.
(b) A friend of Catherine's.
(c) Catherine's niece.
(d) Catherine's cousin.
10. Why is Catherine excited at the end of January?
(a) Because Aelis will soon be visiting.
(b) Because her tutor will teach her about the Crusades.
(c) Because she is going to court.
(d) Because she will visit her brother.
11. What does Catherine see on her way home at the beginning of December?
(a) A group of boys throwing rocks at a cat.
(b) A fight between two old friends.
(c) A funeral procession.
(d) An old woman fainting.
12. How does Aelis feel about her marriage?
(a) She is indifferent towards her new husband.
(b) She is afraid of her husband as he has a temper.
(c) She hasn't yet met her husband and she still loves George.
(d) She is surprisingly attracted to her new husband.
13. What or who comes several days after Uncle George's arrival in October?
(a) An army officer.
(b) Widespread illness.
(c) His baggage.
(d) A letter asking for him to return.
14. What did Catherine's maternal grandfather do to Catherine's paternal grandfather in the past?
(a) He bought his land.
(b) He cheated him out of some woods.
(c) He killed him in battle.
(d) He stole his second wife.
15. How does Catherine feel about her partner in February?
(a) She thinks he looks sad.
(b) She thinks he is kind and sweet.
(c) She thinks he is a funny dancer.
(d) She thinks he is disgusting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Catherine the daughter of?
2. What does Lady Aelis bring to Catherine's house in October?
3. According to Uncle George, what are greedy and cruel?
4. Why does Aelis miss a meeting with Catherine in the meadow in November?
5. What happens in the hall in February?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)