|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through July through September.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Catherine behave to a suitor in February?
(a) She is kind but distant.
(b) She is childish and sarcastic.
(c) She is rude to him and sulks the whole time.
(d) She is flirtacious.
2. How is Catherine's mother feeling in July?
(a) She is suffering.
(b) She is feeling fresh.
(c) She is depressed.
(d) She is weak but optimistic.
3. What does Catherine throw in with the pigs that she has to retrieve in October?
(a) A key.
(b) A ring.
(c) A diary.
(d) A letter.
4. Where has Catherine's Uncle George been for the last twenty years?
(a) Spain living with his mother.
(b) By the sea recuperating from an illness.
(c) Exploring uncharted territories.
(d) Fighting in the Crusades.
5. What year is it at the beginning of the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Catherine's maternal grandfather impressed by Catherine's father?
2. Who returns to the home in August?
3. Where does Catherine's father go in July?
4. How does the family celebrate Robert's marriage?
5. What did Catherine's maternal grandfather do to Catherine's paternal grandfather in the past?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)