|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November through February.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Catherine address Shaggy Beard in February?
(a) With a term of endearment.
(b) As she would a pig.
(c) By his first name.
(d) By his surname.
2. How does Catherine get rid of a suitor in December?
(a) She tricks him into asking for an enormous dowry that her father will not give.
(b) She dresses like a boy and even cuts her hair.
(c) She snorts when she laughs and eats her food with her hands.
(d) She throws tar and feathers on him.
3. How does Catherine behave to a suitor in February?
(a) She is kind but distant.
(b) She is flirtacious.
(c) She is childish and sarcastic.
(d) She is rude to him and sulks the whole time.
4. On what type of day does the family have a feast in November?
(a) On a birthday.
(b) On an anniversary.
(c) On a wedding day.
(d) On a saint's day.
5. What rodent does Catherine liken the visitor to in February?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A chipmunk.
(d) A rat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Catherine confess to hating in the first chapter?
2. Where has Catherine's Uncle George been for the last twenty years?
3. What does Catherine tell the man on horseback about the woman he plans to propose to?
4. What does Catherine have to pick out of her bedding?
5. What historical figure does Catherine envison herself riding into battle like in October?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)