|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September and October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What or who comes several days after Uncle George's arrival in October?
(a) A letter asking for him to return.
(b) Widespread illness.
(c) His baggage.
(d) An army officer.
2. What day is it at the end of the first chapter?
(a) Harvest Festival day.
(b) Catherine's birthday.
(c) Quarter rent day.
(d) A Saint's Day.
3. What does Catherine dream about in October that angers her?
(a) The miller's farting apprentice.
(b) Her brothers having fun while she toils away.
(c) Her father making her marry a buffoon.
(d) Someone stealing her favorite bird.
4. What does Catherine have to pick out of her bedding?
5. Who does Catherine confess to hating in the first chapter?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her tutor.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Edward taught Catherine to do?
2. According to Uncle George, what are greedy and cruel?
3. How does Catherine scare off Master Lack-Wit in the first chapter?
4. What type of bird does Catherine not care for?
5. Who is Catherine the daughter of?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)