|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November through February.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine's father keep trying to do to Catherine?
(a) Cut her hair short.
(b) Put her on a diet.
(c) Marry her off to someone rich.
(d) Keep her from meeting potential suitors.
2. What does Catherine have a dream about in early January?
(a) That Lady Aelis marries George.
(b) That George has died.
(c) That fleas overtake her bed and bite her to death.
(d) That her hair turns golden.
3. Who is Edward?
(a) Catherine's uncle.
(b) Catherine's friend.
(c) Catherine's father.
(d) Catherine's brother.
4. What does Catherine see on her way home at the beginning of December?
(a) An old woman fainting.
(b) A funeral procession.
(c) A fight between two old friends.
(d) A group of boys throwing rocks at a cat.
5. How does Catherine record her thoughts and feelings?
(a) She writes them down on muslin.
(b) She tellls her friend who writes it down.
(c) She writes them down in a journal.
(d) She writes them down on the wall of a cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Catherine supposed to do on St. Faith's Day?
2. Where has Catherine's Uncle George been for the last twenty years?
3. Who tries to kill one of Catherine's dogs in February?
4. Who stays with Catherine's family on their way to Rome in January?
5. What does Catherine tell the man on horseback about the woman he plans to propose to?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)