|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March through June.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Catherine get rid of a suitor in December?
(a) She tricks him into asking for an enormous dowry that her father will not give.
(b) She snorts when she laughs and eats her food with her hands.
(c) She dresses like a boy and even cuts her hair.
(d) She throws tar and feathers on him.
2. What does Uncle George bring for Catherine in October?
(a) A doll.
(b) A book.
(c) An old orange and a popinjay.
(d) Some paper and ink.
3. Who tells Catherine that she needs to be herself in October?
(a) An old Jewish lady.
(b) The queen's lady-in-waiting.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) A clown.
4. Who does George refuse to see in April?
5. What is Catherine not successful at when April begins?
(a) Growing a garden.
(b) Studying for a test.
(c) Warming up to the idea of marriage.
(d) Fooling anybody.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it at the beginning of the novel?
2. Who is rather withdrawn in November?
3. Who are the villagers building a cottage for in October?
4. Who is Odd William?
5. Who does Aelis marry in January?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)