|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March through June.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edward do in March?
(a) He goes to Rome.
(b) He sends books for Lent.
(c) He visits the manor.
(d) He tutors Catherine.
2. What does Catherine see on her way home at the beginning of December?
(a) An old woman fainting.
(b) A funeral procession.
(c) A group of boys throwing rocks at a cat.
(d) A fight between two old friends.
3. Who is the author of the novel Catherine, Called Birdy?
(a) J. K. Rowling.
(b) Philip Pullman.
(c) Karen Cushman.
(d) Louisa May Alcott.
4. Who comes for a visit in February?
(a) The King's sister.
(b) The King's cousin.
(c) The King's niece.
(d) The King's advisor.
5. What does Catherine throw in with the pigs that she has to retrieve in October?
(a) A ring.
(b) A key.
(c) A diary.
(d) A letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Catherine fall in love with the monks' lifestyle?
2. What day is it at the end of the first chapter?
3. What do the villagers do to celebrate this special day in May?
4. Who is Edward?
5. What does Catherine begin to teach Perkin to do in January?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)