September and October
1. Who is the author of the novel Catherine, Called Birdy?
(a) Louisa May Alcott.
(b) Karen Cushman.
(c) J. K. Rowling.
(d) Philip Pullman.
2. What month is it at the beginning of the novel?
3. What year is it at the beginning of the novel?
4. How does Catherine record her thoughts and feelings?
(a) She writes them down on muslin.
(b) She tellls her friend who writes it down.
(c) She writes them down on the wall of a cave.
(d) She writes them down in a journal.
5. What does Catherine begin to talk about at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Her hopes for the future.
(b) Everyday details of her life.
(c) Her brother.
(d) The King and Queen.
6. What does Catherine have to pick out of her bedding?
7. Besides her bedding, where else does Catherine have to pick out a certain insect?
(a) From her food.
(b) Off of her body.
(c) From the guest bedding.
(d) From the rug on the floor.
This section contains 4,399 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)