|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Brian and Maureen are talking in the cathedral, what does he do to her?
(a) Kisses her.
(b) Slaps her.
(c) Warns her.
(d) Says he loves her.
2. When the hostages try to escape in Chapter 36, who is hit by a bullet?
3. In Book 6, what does Langley want to arrest Burke for?
(a) Stealing from the cathedral.
(b) Treason for working with the British.
(c) The murder of Martin.
(d) Conspiracy against the US.
4. Who does the press conference?
5. After the press conference, what song plays on the bells of the cathedral?
(a) Sammy's Bar.
(b) Come Home.
(c) Once in a Dream.
(d) Johnny Boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Schroeder meets Flynn at the front of the cathedral, why does he tell Flynn of the attack plans?
2. While they are in the crawl space, what does Maureen take off of the IRA member whom she hit?
3. What does the Mayor require before an attack on the cathedral is launched?
4. Just before the attack by the police begins, what does Flynn order to be done?
5. During the police invasion, what does Maureen give Flynn?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Maureen is put in the car to be taken to a hospital, what do you think will happen to her next?
2. In Book 5, why doesn't the bomb go off as planned?
3. Describe the assault on the cathedral.
4. When it is evident the police are going to storm the cathedral, if you were Flynn, would you move forward and stand strong or give in on your demands? Why?
5. What does Hickey want to see happen to Maureen?
6. Describe the preparations the Fenians do with the lights just before the attack by the police.
7. Describe the attack plan Schroeder tells to Flynn.
8. During Maureen's escape attempt into the crawlspace, Hickey goes by the old rules of the IRA. What rule is this, and how does he follow it?
9. What are the arrangements Spiegel sets up for after the police attack?
10. Why is Bellini not optimistic about the assault on the cathedral?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)