|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Just before the attack by the police, what does Flynn give to Hickey?
(a) His ring.
(b) His necklace.
(c) His radio.
(d) His gun.
2. In the park, what does Martin tell Burke?
(a) His plans for the destruction of the cathedral.
(b) Flynn is the real threat.
(c) He is willing to go in and talk to Flynn.
(d) Martin is on his way to a helicopter to flee the country.
3. When Kearney is taken by the ESD, what does she do?
(a) Kills herself.
(b) Gives the location of the other Fenians.
(c) Threatens to kill the police.
(d) Fires at the ESD.
4. When the cathedral is secured by the police, what does Burke tell Schroeder to do?
(a) Confess what he did.
(b) Keep quiet.
(c) Get out of town as fast as possible.
(d) Go and see his daughter.
5. What does the Cardinal believe about the negotiations?
(a) There is no hope and they will be killed.
(b) The hostages will be set free, but the cathedral will be blown up.
(c) The Fenians will give up on their demands and turn themselves in.
(d) There will be a settlement and they will go unharmed.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the escape attempt in Book 4, Chapter 46, what does Hickey change in his demands?
2. After the press conference, if the hostages try to escape again, where does Flynn tell the Fenians to shoot them?
3. After the escape attempt in Book 4, Chapter 46, how are the hostages detained?
4. Where does the attack by the police begin?
5. Which of the hostages is first to be rescued?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Maureen is put in the car to be taken to a hospital, what do you think will happen to her next?
2. Describe the conflict between Hickey and Flynn at the end of Book 4, Chapter 55.
3. How would you describe the relationship between Schroeder and Burke? Why?
4. What is Maureen's response to Brian when he asks her to come with him after the hostage situation is over?
5. Describe the assault on the cathedral.
6. Why does Schroeder leave the press conference?
7. What does Langley report to Hickey about the status of the release of the prisoners?
8. In the end, how does Burke become just like one of the politicians?
9. Why does Schroeder start screaming "No!" when he hears that the attack plans have been changed?
10. What story does the Mayor tell during the press conference?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)