|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 4, Chapter 18, what does Eamon Farrell find in the tower?
(a) Three machine guns.
(b) A letter detailing the plans.
(c) A map of the cathedral exits.
(d) A trap door.
2. In Book 3, Chapter 10, who does Maureen think an assassin will try to kill today?
(d) Finn MacCumail.
3. Who does MacCumail discuss his demands with in person in Book 4, Chapter 23?
4. Who delivers the final shots to kill the British soldiers?
(a) George Sullivan.
(b) Sheila Malone.
(d) Liam Coogan.
5. Who does Spiegal think can save the hostages and the cathedral?
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the cathedral is taken by the Fenians, why can't Burke enter?
2. Who turns Queen's evidence against Sheila?
3. When the Governor and the Mayor are talking in Book 4, Chapter 25, what does the Governor want to do?
4. Where are Maureen and Baxter watching the parade from?
5. Who does Maureen receive carnations from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is being foreshadowed when Martin says "I wonder about that" in response to Burke saying they won't have to shoot their way in?
2. In Book 4, what does Father Murphy do in the confessional?
3. Why does Burke want Martin excluded from the negotiations?
4. What does Flynn think Martin's ulterior motive is?
5. After the attempt to free Sheila, how do Brian and Maureen find a safe place to hide?
6. What are the Fenians' plans for the cathedral?
7. When Burke brings the food requested by the terrorists, what does Maureen do?
8. Schroeder and Spiegal are at odds with each other. Explain each of their positions.
9. At the beginning of Book 4, Chapter 21, what happens when Maureen tries to escape?
10. In Book 2, what does Brian place in the choir loft?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)