|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What evidence is in Martin's report on Sheila?
(a) She smuggled drugs into Ireland.
(b) A bomb was found in her car.
(c) She stole two pistols.
(d) A gun and explosives were found in her home.
2. Who is the first person to make contact with the terrorists inside the cathedral?
3. In Book 3, why do the mass attendees exit the cathedral?
(a) The mass ends.
(b) They are told there is a small fire in the basement.
(c) They want to see the riot in the street.
(d) CS gas has been released in the cathedral.
4. Who does Maureen receive carnations from?
(a) Patrick Burke.
(b) George Sullivan.
(c) Finn MacCumail.
(d) Shirley Malone.
5. What does Martin say about Flynn's threat to blow up the cathedral?
(a) He will give an extension of time.
(b) He believes the Fenians will go through with it.
(c) He needs to be taken seriously.
(d) He is bluffing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack describe the leader of the Fenians to Burke?
2. What happens to the pistol used to kill the British soldiers?
3. Which of the hostages suggests making a break for it in Book 4, Chapter 19?
4. Because of the message from the confessional, Spiegal tells Bellini to do what?
5. After receiving a phone call, what does Dan Morgan hang out the window?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Flynn tell the police on the first phone call?
2. What does Burke find in the architect's apartment?
3. What are the additional demands Flynn gives to Schroeder in Book 4?
4. Why does Brian think today is the last time he will see Maureen?
5. What happens when Sheila is brought in for questioning?
6. What happens when members of the IRA try to free Sheila?
7. Schroeder and Spiegal are at odds with each other. Explain each of their positions.
8. Describe Megan's disposition.
9. Why does Maureen want to escape?
10. At the beginning of Book 4, Chapter 21, what happens when Maureen tries to escape?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)