|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Brian and Maureen hide after the attempt to free Sheila?
(a) Members of the IRA.
(b) Major Bartholomew Martin.
(c) Father Donnelly.
(d) Sheila Malone.
2. How does Liam get back to Belfast?
(a) A farmer gives him a ride.
(b) He makes his own way back.
(c) He catches a local bus.
(d) He goes with the group in a car.
3. What does Martin say about Flynn's threat to blow up the cathedral?
(a) He believes the Fenians will go through with it.
(b) He needs to be taken seriously.
(c) He will give an extension of time.
(d) He is bluffing.
4. Where does the book begin?
(a) In a cathedral in New York.
(b) In a prison in Ireland.
(c) In a cottage outside of Belfast.
(d) In a military academy in England.
5. Where are Maureen and Baxter watching the parade from?
(a) The cathedral bell tower.
(b) A float in the parade.
(c) The lobby of the hotel.
(d) The cathedral steps.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Flynn believe is the only one without ulterior motives?
2. Once the cathedral is taken by the Fenians, why can't Burke enter?
3. What does Bellini do with the Morse code message from the confessional?
4. Who delivers the final shots to kill the British soldiers?
5. Who fires the first shot to kill the British soldiers?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the hotel, how does Maureen know that Flynn is in the area?
2. What does Flynn think Martin's ulterior motive is?
3. What is the signal to begin the attack on the cathedral by the Fenians?
4. Schroeder and Spiegal are at odds with each other. Explain each of their positions.
5. What are the additional demands Flynn gives to Schroeder in Book 4?
6. What does Flynn tell the police on the first phone call?
7. What are the Fenians' plans for the cathedral?
8. What happens after the signal to start the attack by the Fenians is given?
9. Why does Maureen want to escape?
10. Describe Megan's disposition.
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)