|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does MacCumail want, or else he will burn down the altar?
(a) A map of the cathedral.
(b) The names of everyone with the negotiator.
(c) All the keys to the cathedral.
(d) An escape helicopter on the roof.
2. What does Martin say about Flynn's threat to blow up the cathedral?
(a) He believes the Fenians will go through with it.
(b) He needs to be taken seriously.
(c) He will give an extension of time.
(d) He is bluffing.
3. After the first escape attempt, who says that if one of them escapes, the rest will die?
4. Who fires the first shot to kill the British soldiers?
(a) Brian Flynn.
(b) George Sullivan.
(c) Liam Coogan.
(d) Sheila Malone.
5. What does Maureen try to tell Burke when he brings in food?
(a) Information on the other hostages.
(b) Flynn's real name.
(c) The demands of the Fenians.
(d) The location of the bombs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flynn tell the first police phone call?
2. In Book 2, Chapter 9, what does Burke think the Fenians are going to do?
3. Who is the leader of the Fenians?
4. What is wrong with the National Guard when they are called in?
5. Who captured Brian Flynn a few months before the St. Patrick's day attack?
Short Essay Questions
1. When discussing the attack on the cathedral, what do the Governor and Mayor agree to?
2. What happens after the signal to start the attack by the Fenians is given?
3. What does Flynn tell the police on the first phone call?
4. In Book 3, why does Burke think there is a British conspiracy as well as an Irish one?
5. Who helps Brian and Maureen at the abbey, and what does Brian find out about him later?
6. Why does Maureen want to escape?
7. What are the Fenians' plans for the cathedral?
8. What are MacCumail's demands?
9. Describe Megan's disposition.
10. What is the signal to begin the attack on the cathedral by the Fenians?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)