|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the authorities call in to handle any more messages from the confessional?
(a) Code readers.
(b) A bomb sniffing dog.
(c) An IRA expert.
(d) The chief of police.
2. How does Liam get back to Belfast?
(a) He goes with the group in a car.
(b) A farmer gives him a ride.
(c) He catches a local bus.
(d) He makes his own way back.
3. Where does the book begin?
(a) In a prison in Ireland.
(b) In a cottage outside of Belfast.
(c) In a cathedral in New York.
(d) In a military academy in England.
4. Who does Flynn believe is the only one without ulterior motives?
(a) Major Martin.
(c) The New York police.
(d) The National Guard.
5. What does the black box do when it goes off?
(a) Sends white flares.
(c) Jams all radios.
(d) Blocks internet signals.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 3, why do the mass attendees exit the cathedral?
2. How does Jack describe the leader of the Fenians to Burke?
3. Who does Spiegal think can save the hostages and the cathedral?
4. What color are the carnations Maureen receives?
5. What food does MacCumail want sent in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brian get his codename?
2. After the attempt to free Sheila, how do Brian and Maureen find a safe place to hide?
3. Who helps Brian and Maureen at the abbey, and what does Brian find out about him later?
4. What does the slogan "once in, never out" refer to?
5. In the hotel, how does Maureen know that Flynn is in the area?
6. What happens when Sheila is brought in for questioning?
7. What does Flynn tell the police on the first phone call?
8. Why does Burke want Martin excluded from the negotiations?
9. What are the Fenians' plans for the cathedral?
10. Who are the Fenians and who is their leader?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)