|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the hostages is first to be rescued?
(b) The Cardinal.
(c) Father Murphy.
2. What information does Stillway provide to Bellini?
(a) Information on Schroeder.
(b) The blueprints of the cathedral.
(c) History on Brian Flynn.
(d) The location of Terri O'Neal.
3. How does Hickey tell Flynn to get back inside after the press conference?
(a) Don't come back inside.
(b) Knock three times.
(c) Disarm the mine himself.
(d) Shoot off the lock.
4. After Schroeder returns from talking with Flynn, why is Bellini angry at Schroeder?
(a) Schroeder is giving up on the negotiations.
(b) Schroeder told Flynn of the attack plan.
(c) Schroeder is involved with Martin.
(d) Schroder lied about the operation to the Mayor.
5. When Maureen is under the cathedral, what does she find?
(a) A chest of guns.
(d) A suitcase of money.
6. In Book 4, Chapter 55, what promise does Flynn release Burke from?
(a) To fight next to Bellini.
(b) To get Maureen out safely.
(c) To watch the press conference.
(d) To bring in food.
7. During the escape attempt in Book 4, Chapter 46, how does Maureen get Fitzgerald's machine gun?
(a) Pokes him in the eye.
(b) Pulls his hair.
(c) Kicks his shin.
(d) Punches him in the stomach.
8. What is the main concern of Roberta Spiegel?
(a) Preservation of the cathedral.
(b) Public relations.
(c) Safety of the hostages.
(d) The next attack of the Fenians.
9. When the cathedral is secured by the police, what does Burke tell Schroeder to do?
(a) Confess what he did.
(b) Keep quiet.
(c) Go and see his daughter.
(d) Get out of town as fast as possible.
10. Where do Burke, Martin and Spiegel go to discuss the assault plan?
(a) The roof of the rectory.
(b) The hotel across the street.
(c) The steps of the cathedral.
(d) A restaurant around the corner.
11. What is the Cardinal doing after the police invasion?
(a) Talking to the press.
(b) Receiving medical treatment.
(c) Talking to the police.
(d) Leading a cleansing ceremony of the cathedral.
12. During the attack, what happens to Bellini?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He gets frightened and retreats.
(c) He narrowly escapes sniper fier.
(d) He gives up his command.
13. After the escape attempt in Book 4, Chapter 46, what does Hickey change in his demands?
(a) Release of one hostage.
(b) Execute a hostage.
(c) Nothing. Hickey says there will be no deals.
(d) Move up the deadline to 5:30 a.m.
14. After the hostages are detained, what does Megan hit Baxter with?
(a) Baxter's belt.
(b) A chain.
(c) Megan's purse.
(d) Maureen's scarf.
15. Why does Sheila's name get added to Flynn's list of people they want released?
(a) Flynn realizes he has feelings for Sheila.
(b) Flynn adds five more names and Sheila is one of them.
(c) Maureen says she wants to go with Flynn when the attack is over.
(d) Maureen demands Sheila's name be added.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Martin have that allows him to leave the country?
2. In Book 4, Chapter 36, what reduces the tension inside the cathedral?
3. Who appears when Burke finds the body in the water?
4. Where is Maureen taken at the end of the book?
5. What does Flynn give Schroeder from Terri?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)