|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Cardinal doing after the police invasion?
(a) Talking to the press.
(b) Talking to the police.
(c) Leading a cleansing ceremony of the cathedral.
(d) Receiving medical treatment.
2. Who does Burke find dead in the water of the park?
(a) Jack Ferguson.
(b) Terri O'Neal.
(c) Brian Flynn.
(d) Dan Morgan.
3. When the cathedral is secured by the police, what does Burke tell Schroeder to do?
(a) Keep quiet.
(b) Go and see his daughter.
(c) Confess what he did.
(d) Get out of town as fast as possible.
4. In Book 4, Chapter 55, what promise does Flynn release Burke from?
(a) To fight next to Bellini.
(b) To watch the press conference.
(c) To bring in food.
(d) To get Maureen out safely.
5. Why does Sheila's name get added to Flynn's list of people they want released?
(a) Maureen demands Sheila's name be added.
(b) Flynn realizes he has feelings for Sheila.
(c) Maureen says she wants to go with Flynn when the attack is over.
(d) Flynn adds five more names and Sheila is one of them.
6. In Book 4, Chapter 36, what reduces the tension inside the cathedral?
(a) The hostages play poker.
(b) The Fenians begin drinking beer.
(c) Flynn and Hickey play the organ.
(d) Father Murphy says prayers.
7. In Book 6, how does Burke feel towards Schroeder?
(b) Full of joy.
(d) Full of pride.
8. Who hears the Fenians' confessions before the police storm the cathedral?
(a) Father Murphy.
(b) The Cardinal.
9. Where does the attack by the police begin?
(a) In the pews.
(b) In the attic and towers.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In the sacristy.
10. In the beginning of Book 5, how do Bellini and his men enter the sacristy?
(a) Through the elevator shaft.
(b) Through the front door.
(c) Through the confessional.
(d) Through the crawl space.
11. While they are in the crawl space, what does Maureen take off of the IRA member whom she hit?
12. When Maureen is under the cathedral, what does she find?
(a) A chest of guns.
(d) A suitcase of money.
13. After the hostages are detained, what does Megan hit Baxter with?
(a) Megan's purse.
(b) A chain.
(c) Maureen's scarf.
(d) Baxter's belt.
14. What do the terrorists do to the entrance Maureen tried to escape through?
(a) Board it up.
(b) Mine it.
(c) Lock it.
(d) Guard it.
15. In the park, what does Martin tell Burke?
(a) His plans for the destruction of the cathedral.
(b) Martin is on his way to a helicopter to flee the country.
(c) Flynn is the real threat.
(d) He is willing to go in and talk to Flynn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main concern of Roberta Spiegel?
2. After the escape attempt in Book 4, Chapter 46, what does Hickey change in his demands?
3. In preparation for the attack by the police, why do the Fenians light every candle they can find?
4. After the press conference, if the hostages try to escape again, where does Flynn tell the Fenians to shoot them?
5. After the police attack, Burke tells Spiegel to make sure he receives what?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)