|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main concern of Roberta Spiegel?
(a) Public relations.
(b) Preservation of the cathedral.
(c) The next attack of the Fenians.
(d) Safety of the hostages.
2. During the escape attempt in Book 4, Chapter 46, how does Maureen get Fitzgerald's machine gun?
(a) Punches him in the stomach.
(b) Pokes him in the eye.
(c) Kicks his shin.
(d) Pulls his hair.
3. In Book 6, what does Langley want to arrest Burke for?
(a) Stealing from the cathedral.
(b) The murder of Martin.
(c) Treason for working with the British.
(d) Conspiracy against the US.
4. When Schroeder meets Flynn at the front of the cathedral, why does he tell Flynn of the attack plans?
(a) So that Flynn will negotiate his demands.
(b) To try and get the hostages released.
(c) To buy time for the attack to begin.
(d) To try and get Flynn to release his daughter.
5. After the police attack is over, what happens to Terri O'Neil?
(a) Let go.
6. When Flynn offers to let Maureen go in Book 4, Chapter 50, what does she do?
(a) Leaves the cathedral with Flynn.
(b) Quietly escapes.
(c) Brings the hostages along.
(d) Refuses to go without him.
7. Who will Martin deliver to Burke if the assault is launched?
8. What does the Pope offer to the negotiations?
(a) Sactuary for the terrorists.
(b) Prayers for those involved.
(c) Money for the preservation of the cathedral.
(d) The Vatican as a meeting place.
9. In the beginning of Book 5, how do Bellini and his men enter the sacristy?
(a) Through the front door.
(b) Through the crawl space.
(c) Through the elevator shaft.
(d) Through the confessional.
10. Who hears the Fenians' confessions before the police storm the cathedral?
(a) Father Murphy.
(b) The Cardinal.
11. What happens to Brian after he is carried out of the cathedral?
(a) He is arrested.
(b) He is shot by a member of the IRA.
(c) He is taken to the hospital.
(d) He dies.
12. In Book 4, Chapter 56, what does Burke tell Flynn about Schroeder?
(a) That Schroeder has gone to help his daughter.
(b) That Schroeder committed suicide.
(c) That Schroeder's daughter is dead.
(d) That Schroeder's daughter escaped.
13. How does Hickey tell Flynn to get back inside after the press conference?
(a) Disarm the mine himself.
(b) Don't come back inside.
(c) Shoot off the lock.
(d) Knock three times.
14. In Book 6, who will confirm anything Burke says?
15. What does Maureen hit the Fenian with, who finds her under the cathedral?
(a) Her fist.
(b) A brick.
(c) A rock.
(d) A bat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the terrorists do to the entrance Maureen tried to escape through?
2. Where is Roberta Spiegel setting up a press conference after the attack is over?
3. What does the Cardinal believe about the negotiations?
4. What does Hickey compare the Cardinal handcuffed to the gate to?
5. Who does Burke find dead in the water of the park?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)