|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sheila's name get added to Flynn's list of people they want released?
(a) Maureen demands Sheila's name be added.
(b) Maureen says she wants to go with Flynn when the attack is over.
(c) Flynn realizes he has feelings for Sheila.
(d) Flynn adds five more names and Sheila is one of them.
2. After the police attack, Burke tells Spiegel to make sure he receives what?
(a) His possessions taken by the police.
(b) Pictures from the days events.
(c) Training for the next Fenian attack.
(d) A commendation and promotion.
3. What covers Maureen's escape route while she is being pursued by the Fenians in the crawlspace?
(a) A large boulder.
(b) A wood barricade.
(c) An iron door.
(d) A rat screen.
4. During the escape attempt in Book 4, Chapter 46, how does Maureen get Fitzgerald's machine gun?
(a) Pokes him in the eye.
(b) Pulls his hair.
(c) Kicks his shin.
(d) Punches him in the stomach.
5. How many suitcases with explosives does Maureen disarm?
6. Just before the attack by the police, what does Flynn give to Hickey?
(a) His gun.
(b) His necklace.
(c) His ring.
(d) His radio.
7. Where does Flynn tell the hostages to hide during the attack by the police?
(a) In the confessional.
(b) In the choir loft.
(c) In between the pews.
(d) In the rafters.
8. What really happens to Schroeder after he talks to Flynn?
(a) He is arrested for treason.
(b) He has gone to help his daughter.
(c) He has quit the operation.
(d) He is treated for exhaustion.
9. In the park, what does Martin tell Burke?
(a) Martin is on his way to a helicopter to flee the country.
(b) He is willing to go in and talk to Flynn.
(c) Flynn is the real threat.
(d) His plans for the destruction of the cathedral.
10. What happens to Brian after he is carried out of the cathedral?
(a) He dies.
(b) He is shot by a member of the IRA.
(c) He is taken to the hospital.
(d) He is arrested.
11. How many assault squads are part of the ESD?
12. When Flynn offers to let Maureen go in Book 4, Chapter 50, what does she do?
(a) Leaves the cathedral with Flynn.
(b) Brings the hostages along.
(c) Refuses to go without him.
(d) Quietly escapes.
13. Who is Gordon Stillway?
(a) The Mayor.
(b) The architect.
(c) The caterer.
(d) The Chief of Police.
14. When Schroeder meets Flynn at the front of the cathedral, why does he tell Flynn of the attack plans?
(a) To try and get the hostages released.
(b) To try and get Flynn to release his daughter.
(c) To buy time for the attack to begin.
(d) So that Flynn will negotiate his demands.
15. At the end of the novel, Maureen encourages Brian to do what?
(a) Run away while he can.
(b) Talk to a priest.
(c) Confess what he did to the police.
(d) Give information on the next attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Just before the attack by the police begins, what does Flynn order to be done?
2. What happens when Father Murphy pulls the switches on the circuit-breakers?
3. Who does Burke find dead in the water of the park?
4. In Book 4, Chapter 57, what song does Gallagher play on his bagpipes?
5. What is Bellini in charge of?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)