|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with the National Guard when they are called in?
(a) Most are out of town.
(b) They do not have the correct riot gear.
(c) Most are intoxicated.
(d) They are on the side of the Fenians.
2. In Book 4 Chapter 29, who does Flynn offer to let go?
(b) Father Murphy.
(c) The Cardinal.
3. Who in the rectory has information on Megan?
4. Who does Martin really want to question?
(a) Brian Flynn.
(b) Maureen Malone.
(c) Father Donnelly.
(d) George Sullivan.
5. In Book 4, Chapter 32, why do Father Murphy and the Cardinal go to the confessional?
(a) To get away from the other hostages.
(b) So Father Murphy can say confession.
(c) To discuss a plan to escape.
(d) So they can pray for the terrorists.
6. What happens to the police spotlight in Book 4, Chapter 17?
(a) It is pointed at Flynn.
(b) It blinds one of the Fenians.
(c) One of the IRA shoots it out.
(d) It doesn't work becuase of the CS gas.
7. After Schroeder's second round of negotiations, how does he feel?
(a) That Flynn is very aggressive and will start to kill hostages.
(b) Anxious that Flynn isn't the one he should be talking to.
(c) Positive that Flynn is beginning to trust him.
(d) Still nervous because it went poorly.
8. Who does Spiegal think will agree to the terrorists' demands?
(a) The Governor.
(c) The British.
(d) No one.
9. How does MacCumail announce that he is in control of the cathedral?
(a) A sign on the door.
(b) He broadcasts it on the police radio.
(c) He announces it from the bell tower.
(d) A black flag from the bell tower.
10. What does the black box do when it goes off?
(a) Sends white flares.
(b) Blocks internet signals.
(d) Jams all radios.
11. What does Martin say about Flynn's threat to blow up the cathedral?
(a) He is bluffing.
(b) He believes the Fenians will go through with it.
(c) He needs to be taken seriously.
(d) He will give an extension of time.
12. Once the cathedral is taken by the Fenians, why can't Burke enter?
(a) Maureen tells him to go away because it is too dangerous.
(b) There is a Fenian guard outside the main entrance.
(c) The doors are locked and have mines on them.
(d) He decides to run away from the chaos.
13. In Book 3, Chapter 10, who does Maureen think an assassin will try to kill today?
(b) Finn MacCumail.
14. What does Brian find in the ruins?
(a) An old ring.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) A cross.
(d) A military hat.
15. Where do the authorities meet to talk with the terrorists?
(a) In a van in the street.
(b) The cathedral lobby.
(c) The hotel.
(d) The Recotory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person to make contact with the terrorists inside the cathedral?
2. After the first escape attempt, who says that if one of them escapes, the rest will die?
3. Who do the authorities call in to handle any more messages from the confessional?
4. Who does MacCumail discuss his demands with in person in Book 4, Chapter 23?
5. In Book 1, what is Maureen Malone doing at the Waldorf Astoria hotel?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)