|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the cathedral in Book 2, how long has it been since Brian has seen Maureen?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 4 years.
2. In Book 4, Chapter 32, why do Father Murphy and the Cardinal go to the confessional?
(a) So they can pray for the terrorists.
(b) So Father Murphy can say confession.
(c) To discuss a plan to escape.
(d) To get away from the other hostages.
3. How does Burke get to Stillway's apartment?
(a) By ambulance.
(b) By helicopter.
(c) By bus.
(d) By police escort.
4. How does Schroeder feel about the first negotiation?
(a) He knows it did not go well.
(b) Nervous about his role as lead negotiator.
(c) Positive, because the demands were made clear.
(d) He feels good because of the extention of time that was agreed to.
5. What happens when the IRA tries to free Sheila?
(a) They are set up and Brian is killed by gunfire.
(b) They have the wrong day and the mission is unsuccessful.
(c) They are successful and free Sheila and the other prisoners.
(d) They are set up and Sheila is not in the van.
6. Who is the first person to make contact with the terrorists inside the cathedral?
7. What is the relationship of Megan and Pedar?
(a) Distant cousins.
(b) Brother and sister.
(c) Husband and wife.
(d) Girlfriend and boyfriend.
8. In Book 2, Chapter 9, how is Burke to get a hold of Martin?
(a) Go through Father Donnelly.
(b) Call the British Information Services office and ask for Mr. James.
(c) Contact Jack Ferguson, who will relay the message.
(d) Send a message to his secretary.
9. Who will pay for the expense of the hostage situation?
(a) The Mayor.
(b) It will be divided between the Governor and the Mayor.
(c) The city of New York.
(d) The Governor.
10. In Book 4 Chapter 29, who does Flynn offer to let go?
(a) The Cardinal.
(d) Father Murphy.
11. After the attempt to free Sheila, where do Brian and Maureen hide?
(a) In a secret hiding place in the home of an IRA member.
(b) In an old van near the river.
(c) In a nearby forest.
(d) In the crypt under a tomb.
12. Who helps Brian and Maureen hide after the attempt to free Sheila?
(a) Sheila Malone.
(b) Members of the IRA.
(c) Father Donnelly.
(d) Major Bartholomew Martin.
13. What is the name of the cathedral?
(a) St. Paul's Cathedral.
(b) St. Thomas Cathedral.
(c) St. Patrick's Cathedral.
(d) St. Nicolas' Cathedral.
14. Who does Martin really want to question?
(a) George Sullivan.
(b) Father Donnelly.
(c) Brian Flynn.
(d) Maureen Malone.
15. Who is the leader of the Fenians?
(a) Jack Ferguson.
(b) Harold Baxter.
(c) Father Donnelly.
(d) Finn MacCumail.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 3, why do the mass attendees exit the cathedral?
2. After Maureen leaves the hotel, who does she feel is in the area?
3. What is Brian dressed as in the opening of Book 2?
4. After Flynn and the Cardinal talk about secret passages, where do Father Murphy and Maureen go?
5. Where are Maureen and Baxter watching the parade from?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)