|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the deal Martin offers Sheila?
(a) Turn in the murder weapon as evidence and serve five to seven years.
(b) Say that Liam Coogan smuggled in the drugs and be free on parole.
(c) Identify the British soldiers killed and she will go free.
(d) Name Brian Flynn as an IRA member and the murderer and she will be released in several years.
2. What does Maureen decide to do while in hiding at the abbey?
(a) Flee Ireland to England.
(b) Leave the IRA and go to Dublin.
(c) Return to Long Kesh to free Sheila.
(d) Stay with Brian Flynn in the IRA fight.
3. What does Maureen try to tell Burke when he brings in food?
(a) Information on the other hostages.
(b) The location of the bombs.
(c) Flynn's real name.
(d) The demands of the Fenians.
4. After Martin and Burke's first encounter, what does Martin drink?
5. In Book 2, Chapter 9, what does Burke think the Fenians are going to do?
(a) Kidnap Terri O'Neal.
(b) Attack British property in New York.
(c) Disrupt the St. Patrick's Day celebration.
(d) Kill Maureen Malone.
6. What does Brian find in the ruins?
(a) A military hat.
(b) An old ring.
(c) A cross.
(d) A bracelet.
7. In Book 2, Chapter 9, how is Burke to get a hold of Martin?
(a) Go through Father Donnelly.
(b) Contact Jack Ferguson, who will relay the message.
(c) Call the British Information Services office and ask for Mr. James.
(d) Send a message to his secretary.
8. What is Brian dressed as in the opening of Book 2?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A priest.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A banker.
9. Who turns Queen's evidence against Sheila?
(a) Brian Flynn.
(b) Liam Coogan.
(c) Maureen Malone.
(d) George Sullivan.
10. Who is the first person to make contact with the terrorists inside the cathedral?
11. How long is the timer on the bombs set for?
(a) 6 hours.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 24 hours.
12. In Book 1, what is Maureen Malone doing at the Waldorf Astoria hotel?
(a) Meeting Brian Flynn.
(b) Going out to dinner.
(c) Giving a speech.
(d) Meeting Jack Ferguson.
13. Which of the hostages suggests making a break for it in Book 4, Chapter 19?
(b) The Cardinal.
(c) Father Murphy.
14. In Book 4, Chapter 18, what does Eamon Farrell find in the tower?
(a) A letter detailing the plans.
(b) Three machine guns.
(c) A map of the cathedral exits.
(d) A trap door.
15. Who catches Father Murphy and the Cardinal in the confessional?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flynn tell the first police phone call?
2. In Book 3, Chapter 10, who does Maureen think an assassin will try to kill today?
3. Who does Maureen receive carnations from?
4. In Book 3, why do the mass attendees exit the cathedral?
5. Who fires the first shot to kill the British soldiers?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)