|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who turns Queen's evidence against Sheila?
(a) George Sullivan.
(b) Liam Coogan.
(c) Brian Flynn.
(d) Maureen Malone.
2. Who is being held hostage by Dan Morgan?
(a) Jack Ferguson.
(b) Terri O'Neal.
(c) Shirley Malone.
(d) Maureen Malone.
3. Which of the hostages suggests making a break for it in Book 4, Chapter 19?
(a) The Cardinal.
(c) Father Murphy.
4. After receiving a phone call, what does Dan Morgan hang out the window?
(a) An Irish flag.
(b) A white sheet.
(c) A green shamrock flag.
(d) A black towel.
5. Where are Maureen and Baxter watching the parade from?
(a) The lobby of the hotel.
(b) The cathedral bell tower.
(c) The cathedral steps.
(d) A float in the parade.
6. How long does MacCumail give for his demands to be met?
(d) Six hours.
7. In Book 4, Chapter 21, why does Megan draw a gun on Maureen?
(a) She badmouths the Fenians.
(b) Megan finds out about Maureen and Brian.
(c) She tries to escape.
(d) Maureen draws a gun on Megan first.
8. How does Schroeder feel about the first negotiation?
(a) Nervous about his role as lead negotiator.
(b) He knows it did not go well.
(c) Positive, because the demands were made clear.
(d) He feels good because of the extention of time that was agreed to.
9. Where does the book begin?
(a) In a cathedral in New York.
(b) In a military academy in England.
(c) In a cottage outside of Belfast.
(d) In a prison in Ireland.
10. What is wrong with the National Guard when they are called in?
(a) Most are intoxicated.
(b) They are on the side of the Fenians.
(c) They do not have the correct riot gear.
(d) Most are out of town.
11. What is the name of the cathedral?
(a) St. Paul's Cathedral.
(b) St. Nicolas' Cathedral.
(c) St. Thomas Cathedral.
(d) St. Patrick's Cathedral.
12. What happens to the police spotlight in Book 4, Chapter 17?
(a) One of the IRA shoots it out.
(b) It doesn't work becuase of the CS gas.
(c) It is pointed at Flynn.
(d) It blinds one of the Fenians.
13. What is the relationship of Megan and Pedar?
(a) Distant cousins.
(b) Brother and sister.
(c) Husband and wife.
(d) Girlfriend and boyfriend.
14. After Flynn and the Cardinal talk about secret passages, where do Father Murphy and Maureen go?
(a) Into the confessional.
(b) To the front of the cathedral.
(c) Into the church office.
(d) To the choir loft.
15. What does Brian find at the abbey when he returns?
(a) He finds it locked, and no sign of Father Donnelly.
(b) Maureen has returned to be a volunteer as a sign of her gratitude.
(c) A funeral procession is going on.
(d) Monks in prayer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who captured Brian Flynn a few months before the St. Patrick's day attack?
2. Who is Captain Bert Schroeder?
3. What color are the carnations Maureen receives?
4. In Book 2, Chapter 12, where does Burke go to obtain information?
5. How does MacCumail announce that he is in control of the cathedral?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)