|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who delivers the final shots to kill the British soldiers?
(b) Liam Coogan.
(c) George Sullivan.
(d) Sheila Malone.
2. Who in the rectory has information on Megan?
3. Who will take over if Brian falters?
4. In Book 3, Chapter 13, what time does the black box go off?
(a) 5 p.m.
(b) 6 a.m.
(c) 8 a.m.
(d) 9 p.m.
5. In Book 4, Chapter 30, Flynn conveys additional demands to Schroeder, including which one of these?
(a) A helicopter on the roof.
(b) A medic for the injured hostages.
(c) More corned beef and cabbage.
(d) A press conference at 10 p.m.
6. Where does the book begin?
(a) In a cottage outside of Belfast.
(b) In a prison in Ireland.
(c) In a military academy in England.
(d) In a cathedral in New York.
7. In Book 1, what is Maureen Malone doing at the Waldorf Astoria hotel?
(a) Meeting Brian Flynn.
(b) Giving a speech.
(c) Meeting Jack Ferguson.
(d) Going out to dinner.
8. Who is Captain Bert Schroeder?
(a) An old friend of Brain Flynn.
(b) The head negotiator.
(c) An IRA informant.
(d) The Mayor's assistant.
9. After receiving a phone call, what does Dan Morgan hang out the window?
(a) A white sheet.
(b) An Irish flag.
(c) A green shamrock flag.
(d) A black towel.
10. How does Liam get back to Belfast?
(a) A farmer gives him a ride.
(b) He catches a local bus.
(c) He goes with the group in a car.
(d) He makes his own way back.
11. Who will pay for the expense of the hostage situation?
(a) The city of New York.
(b) It will be divided between the Governor and the Mayor.
(c) The Governor.
(d) The Mayor.
12. What does Maureen try to tell Burke when he brings in food?
(a) The location of the bombs.
(b) Information on the other hostages.
(c) The demands of the Fenians.
(d) Flynn's real name.
13. Who turns Queen's evidence against Sheila?
(a) Brian Flynn.
(b) Maureen Malone.
(c) George Sullivan.
(d) Liam Coogan.
14. In Book 2, Chapter 9, how is Burke to get a hold of Martin?
(a) Go through Father Donnelly.
(b) Send a message to his secretary.
(c) Call the British Information Services office and ask for Mr. James.
(d) Contact Jack Ferguson, who will relay the message.
15. After the first escape attempt, who says that if one of them escapes, the rest will die?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack describe the leader of the Fenians to Burke?
2. Where are Maureen and Baxter watching the parade from?
3. How does MacCumail announce that he is in control of the cathedral?
4. At the cathedral in Book 2, how long has it been since Brian has seen Maureen?
5. Who does Maureen receive carnations from?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)