|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 3, why do the mass attendees exit the cathedral?
(a) CS gas has been released in the cathedral.
(b) They are told there is a small fire in the basement.
(c) The mass ends.
(d) They want to see the riot in the street.
2. Who does Spiegal think will agree to the terrorists' demands?
(a) The British.
(b) The Governor.
(c) No one.
3. What kind of food is brought in for the terrorists?
(a) Corned beef and cabbage.
(b) Hamburgers and french fries.
(c) Tacos and nachos.
(d) Bacon and eggs.
4. In Book 1, what is Maureen Malone doing at the Waldorf Astoria hotel?
(a) Meeting Jack Ferguson.
(b) Meeting Brian Flynn.
(c) Giving a speech.
(d) Going out to dinner.
5. In Book 4, Chapter 21, why does Megan draw a gun on Maureen?
(a) Maureen draws a gun on Megan first.
(b) Megan finds out about Maureen and Brian.
(c) She tries to escape.
(d) She badmouths the Fenians.
6. In Book 4 Chapter 29, who does Flynn offer to let go?
(c) The Cardinal.
(d) Father Murphy.
7. What happens when the IRA tries to free Sheila?
(a) They are set up and Brian is killed by gunfire.
(b) They have the wrong day and the mission is unsuccessful.
(c) They are successful and free Sheila and the other prisoners.
(d) They are set up and Sheila is not in the van.
8. In Book 4, Chapter 33, after Burke talks with Ferguson, what does he do?
(a) Brings him with him to the cathedral.
(b) Arranges a plane so he can leave the country.
(c) Recommend he be taken into protective custody.
(d) Decides to stop talking with Flynn.
9. What evidence is in Martin's report on Sheila?
(a) She smuggled drugs into Ireland.
(b) A bomb was found in her car.
(c) A gun and explosives were found in her home.
(d) She stole two pistols.
10. How does MacCumail announce that he is in control of the cathedral?
(a) He broadcasts it on the police radio.
(b) A sign on the door.
(c) A black flag from the bell tower.
(d) He announces it from the bell tower.
11. What does Brian find in the ruins?
(a) A cross.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) A military hat.
(d) An old ring.
12. After receiving a phone call, what does Dan Morgan hang out the window?
(a) An Irish flag.
(b) A white sheet.
(c) A black towel.
(d) A green shamrock flag.
13. In Book 1, where will Maureen appear after she leaves the hotel?
(a) In the St. Patrick's Day parade.
(b) St. Patrick's Cathedral.
(c) Headquarters of Amnesty International.
(d) British Embassy.
14. What happens to the police spotlight in Book 4, Chapter 17?
(a) It doesn't work becuase of the CS gas.
(b) It blinds one of the Fenians.
(c) One of the IRA shoots it out.
(d) It is pointed at Flynn.
15. Where are Maureen and Baxter watching the parade from?
(a) A float in the parade.
(b) The lobby of the hotel.
(c) The cathedral bell tower.
(d) The cathedral steps.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fires the first shot to kill the British soldiers?
2. In Book 4, Chapter 30, Flynn conveys additional demands to Schroeder, including which one of these?
3. Who helps Brian and Maureen hide after the attempt to free Sheila?
4. What do the Fenians know about Jack Ferguson?
5. In Book 2, Chapter 9, what does Burke think the Fenians are going to do?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)