|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cathedral.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago does the narrator’s wife say she and her husband bought their sofa?
(a) 2 weeks ago
(b) 3 years ago
(c) 6 weeks ago
(d) 4 days ago
2. The narrator surmises of the blind man’s wife that she could wear what color eye-shadow around one eye and it wouldn’t make a difference?
3. What are the central motifs in “Cathedral”?
(a) Marriage and weddings
(b) Strawberries and fruit
(c) Vision and blindness
(d) Blood and music
4. What does the narrator do when the blind man says after the drawing is complete, “Take a look. What do you think?”
(a) He looks at the drawing
(b) He begins to weep
(c) He keeps his eyes closed
(d) He calls for his wife
5. When the blind man appears to snooze during his conversation with the narrator, the narrator assumes that perhaps he’s imagining himself where?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the blind man going to visit his dead wife’s relatives in the beginning of the story?
2. How does the narrator describe the windows he draws on the cathedral in the story?
3. What color is all of the blind man’s attire when he arrives?
4. How does the narrator feel about the blind man’s visit in the beginning of the story?
5. The narrator states after the blind man’s arrival that he’d always thought what “were a must for the blind”?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)