|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cathedral.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the blind man smokes his second hit of marijuana, the narrator says, “It was like he’d been doing this since he was” how old?
(a) Sixteen years old
(b) Nine years old
(c) Twelve years old
(d) Five years old
2. Of the religious pageant on the television show, the narrator says it takes place yearly where?
3. What was the narrator’s wife’s position when she worked for the blind man?
(a) She was a pianist
(b) She was an editor
(c) She was a reader
(d) She was a secretary
4. How did the narrator’s wife maintain contact with the blind man since they last saw one another in person?
(a) They wrote emails to each other
(b) They communicated by fax machine
(c) They mailed tapes to each other
(d) They wrote letters to each other
5. What do the narrator and his wife drink when they sit down to talk with the blind man after he’s arrived?
Short Answer Questions
1. The blind man tells the narrator as he continues his drawing of the cathedral, “You got it, bub. I can tell. You didn’t think you could. But you can, can’t you? You’re cooking with” what?
2. The man that the narrator’s wife was going to marry when she worked for the blind man was in what kind of school?
3. What is the name of Raymond Carver’s first published book of poems?
4. When was Raymond Carver born?
5. The narrator states after the blind man’s arrival that he’d always thought what “were a must for the blind”?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)