|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From Mung Man, how many miles was the trip to Hanoi?
2. What was the last thing Andrew talked about with Chi before her death?
(a) Star fruit.
(b) Their father's abuse.
(c) The ocean.
3. To what city did Chi run away after her father's arrest?
(a) San Pedro.
(b) San Francisco.
(d) San Jose.
4. What dark secret did Trieu share with Andrew about her father?
(a) He had tried to molest her.
(b) He fathered children all across Vietnam and America, and didn't know how many children he actually had.
(c) He was not really her father but her older brother.
(d) He was convicted of war crimes from the Vietnam War.
5. Which of the Pham children most despised family trips?
Short Answer Questions
1. What dreams did Andrew's parents have for him before moving to America?
2. How much money did the station master demand from Andrew before he could board the commuter train to Hanoi?
3. When Andrew remembers urinating in the river with Chi as children, with what emotion is he flooded?
4. How did Andrew help the woman who had fainted on the road in Hue?
5. What does Andrew remember most about his final conversation with Chi?
Short Essay Questions
1. What trouble did Andrew get into in Vietnam for drinking Coca-Cola?
2. Why wasn't Andrew allowed to board the commuter train from Muong Man?
3. How did Chi's life change during her fourteen years on the streets?
4. What two images does Andrew encounter that he believes are perfect symbols for the people of Japan?
5. Why was Andrew's father arrested when he was a teenager?
6. What aspect of her life brought Chi the greatest amount of stress and sadness?
7. What happened when the police stopped Andrew on the cargo train to Hanoi?
8. How did Calvin feel about the prospect of moving to America?
9. What animal did Andrew see get hit by a car when he was leaving Hanoi?
10. Which of Andrew's siblings were gay, and how did his family react to this?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)