|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which highway did Andrew take toward his big adventure?
(a) Highway 4.
(b) Highway 2.
(c) Highway 1.
(d) Highway 3.
2. Why did Andrew and Trieu breakup?
(a) Because Trieu was not Vietnamese.
(b) Because Trieu cheated on him.
(c) All of the answers are true.
(d) Because Andrew's parent's didn't approve.
3. What was Andrew's birth name?
4. Who told Andrew to wait for a good day on the Chinese calendar before starting his cycling trip?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
5. How much was Andrew charged in Vietnam to repair his bicycle to top running order?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of boat did Andrew's family use to escape Vietnam?
2. What liquor did Andrew and Tyle drink together by their bonfire?
3. How long did Andrew's family live in an Indonesian refugee camp before moving to America?
4. How did Andrew's uncle Viet react when Andrew gave money to a beggar in the Red Light District?
5. What did Andrew blame for Chi's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why wasn't Andrew's mother worried during the family's escape by fishing boat from Vietnam?
2. Who was Patty?
3. What ties did Andrew's family have to Phan Thiet?
4. What was Andrew's first impression of Mihn Luong Prison when he arrived?
5. What did Andrew do on his first morning in Saigon after being reunited with his family?
6. Who was Wong?
7. What event frightened Andrew at the diner in Ham Tan?
8. What memory is explored in the chapter named "Fallen Leaves"?
9. What memories did Andrew recount when he took a cup of tea to the roof of the Nguyen's house?
10. What horrific experiences did Andrew's father live through while imprisoned in the torture camp?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)