|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country was Andrew's family originally from?
2. What did Andrew's uncle, Hung, do for a living?
(a) He was an actor.
(b) He was a musician.
(c) He was a costume designer.
(d) He was a filmmaker.
3. Which of the following people is NOT one of Andrew's siblings?
4. What country's ship saved the escapees when their ship began to fall apart?
5. Which of Andrew's uncle was the only one to support his cross-country bicycle trip in Vietnam?
(a) None of Andrew's uncles supported his trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what state did the Pham family move immediately upon immigrating to America?
2. How many years difference was there in age between Chi and Andrew?
3. How much was Andrew charged in Vietnam to repair his bicycle to top running order?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describe Hung?
5. What was the first country Andrew visited in the memoir?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Andrew's mother want Andrew to leave for his trip to Vietnam?
2. After returning to California from Mexico, where did Andrew live?
3. With whom did Andrew spend his time while he was staying in Vung Tao?
4. What does Andrew remember most acutely about his Grandfather Pham?
5. What was significant about Andrew's memory involving ice cream?
6. What message did the Vietnamese Buddah give to Chi and Andrew about their futures?
7. Who was Patty?
8. What discussion did Andrew's mother, Anh, have with a friend over tea before the fall of Saigon?
9. What was the first conversation Andrew had with Tyle?
10. What ties did Andrew's family have to Phan Thiet?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)