|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Andrew tell people he was going to cycle next?
(a) To New York.
(b) To Detroit.
(c) To San Francisco.
(d) To Seattle.
2. Which of Andrew's family members was held in a prison camp?
(a) All of his family.
(b) Both his parents.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
3. Which of the following is NOT a country many people in Vietnam believed Andrew to be from?
4. How did Chi die?
(a) She drown.
(b) She died of cancer.
(c) She committed suicide.
(d) She was murdered.
5. What was Andrew's birth name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday was the first "American" holiday celebrated by the Pham family in America?
2. What did Wong, the man Andrew befriended at the Indonesian refugee camp, do for a living?
3. Which of the following people is NOT one of Andrew's siblings?
4. What type of boat did Andrew's family use to escape Vietnam?
5. Which of Andrew's siblings was his grandmother's favorite?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Andrew's reaction to seeing his grandmother's old house in Phan Tiet, his childhood home?
2. What happened to Andrew's family in the year after their first child's death?
3. What happened when Tyle joined Andrew at his nighttime campfire in Mexico?
4. Who was the first of the Phen children to die?
5. What message did the Vietnamese Buddah give to Chi and Andrew about their futures?
6. What ties did Andrew's family have to Phan Thiet?
7. What personal history did Hung have with America?
8. With whom did Andrew spend his time while he was staying in Vung Tao?
9. What memory is explored in the chapter named "Fallen Leaves"?
10. What major events did Andrew struggle through once he reached Japan?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)