|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Andrew blame for Chi's death?
(a) Never being accepted by their family.
(b) Pressure to achieve too much.
(c) Missing home.
(d) Becoming too American.
2. What country was Andrew's family originally from?
3. How long did Andrew spend in Mexico?
(a) Six months.
(b) Eight months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Four months.
4. Who cared for Andrew as a young boy when his parents left town for business?
(a) His next door neighbor.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) No one. Andrew was locked in his house for days unattended.
(d) His older brothers.
5. What is the overall emotion of the opening quote?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the intersection Andrew visited in the Red Light District of Vietnam?
2. How long had Ronnie been in a mental institution?
3. To what country was the escape ship scheduled to travel?
4. What part of California did Andrew visit during his big adventure?
5. What was used to bribe the police officers who searched Andrew's bus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was significant about Andrew's memory involving ice cream?
2. Who was Patty?
3. Who was the first of the Phen children to die?
4. What major events did Andrew struggle through once he reached Japan?
5. With whom did Andrew spend his time while he was staying in Vung Tao?
6. What was Andrew's reaction to seeing his grandmother's old house in Phan Tiet, his childhood home?
7. Who was Wong?
8. Why did Anh have to exert her power over the crew on her family's escape boat?
9. What did Andrew do on his first morning in Saigon after being reunited with his family?
10. What memories did Andrew recount when he took a cup of tea to the roof of the Nguyen's house?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)