|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Chi when she died?
2. How many children did Tyle have?
3. What are taxi dancers?
(c) Street musicians.
(d) Food vendors.
4. What did Andrew's friends think about his decision to move back in with his parents?
(a) They all understood completely.
(b) They all thought it was a huge mistake.
(c) They were split - half understood and half thought it foolish.
(d) They all mocked him for being a baby.
5. To what drug was Andrew's Grandfather Pham addicted?
(b) Nettle seed.
6. During the fall of Saigon, what caused a huge fire which deeply traumatized Andrew?
(a) A terrorist setting a hospital on fire.
(b) A Buddhist monk setting himself on fire.
(c) A man burning a bag full of kittens.
(d) A forest fire.
7. When Thong was drafted into the Vietnamese army, what did he hope would earn him a good post?
(a) His education.
(b) His good looks.
(c) His marital status.
(d) His last name.
8. How old was Andrew the first time he visited Vietnam?
9. In actuality, where was Andrew planning to cycle next?
(a) Through Vietnam.
(b) Through Siberia.
(c) Through the entire United States.
(d) Through China.
10. How did Chi's father react when he learned that Chi had been feeding the leper next-door?
(a) He expressed his pride for the first time ever.
(b) He beat Chi severely.
(c) He was ashamed and refused to speak to Chi for a week.
(d) He ignored the good news.
11. To what country was the escape ship scheduled to travel?
12. What food item does Andrew remember eating during the fall of Saigon?
(a) A hotdog with ketchup and mustard.
(b) An ice cream cone.
(c) A wad of cotton candy.
(d) A pepperoni pizza.
13. How did Andrew's father punish him for watching television too long?
(a) He whipped him with a belt.
(b) He grounded him for a month.
(c) He slapped him across the face.
(d) He poured hot sauce on his tongue.
14. What direction did Andrew cycle through California?
15. How long did it take for the ship's supplies to disappear?
(a) One day.
(b) One week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Viet sell for a living?
2. How many miles off course was the escape ship when it was finally rescued?
3. What type of building was Andrew's childhood home turned into after his family moved out?
4. Which of Andrew's family members was held in a prison camp?
5. How did Andrew's uncle Viet react when Andrew gave money to a beggar in the Red Light District?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)