|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the intersection Andrew visited in the Red Light District of Vietnam?
(a) Salamander Street.
(b) Cobra Bay.
(c) Turtle Fountain.
(d) Alligator Alley.
2. Why did Andrew give money to the beggar woman in the Red Light District?
(a) Because he felt guilty for how wealthy he was.
(b) Because she resembled someone he knew.
(c) Because he was hoping to have a romantic connection with her.
(d) Because he felt bad for her.
3. How did Chi die?
(a) She drown.
(b) She was murdered.
(c) She committed suicide.
(d) She died of cancer.
4. What did Andrew's brother's boyfriend tell Andrew to always travel with while in California?
(a) A water bottle and apple.
(b) A pistol and pepper spray.
(c) His immigration papers.
(d) A Bible and a prayer.
5. Who foretold Chi's death?
(a) A Buddhist monk.
(b) A Catholic priest.
(c) A Tibetan prince.
(d) A Christian missionary.
6. What part of the Nugyen household brought back strong memories of Andrew's childhood?
(a) The cellar.
(b) The roof.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The apple garden.
7. What was the name of the taxi dancer with whom Andrew spent time while visiting Sean's family?
8. How many children did Tyle have?
9. To what country did the escape ship's crew want to travel?
10. Which of the following adjectives best describe Hung?
11. What animal body part did Andrew consume while at a bar with his three uncles?
(a) A chicken embryo.
(b) A pig fetus.
(c) A cobra heart.
(d) An alligator liver.
12. What was Andrew's birth name?
13. What emotion swept over Andrew when he visited his childhood home?
14. In what state did Ronnie live?
(c) New Mexico.
15. What ethnicity was Tyle, the man Andrew met in the desert?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had Andrew been cycling through the desert when he met Tyle?
2. How long did Andrew's family live in an Indonesian refugee camp before moving to America?
3. In actuality, where was Andrew planning to cycle next?
4. What was the name of the prison where Andrew's father had been held?
5. To what country was the escape ship scheduled to travel?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)