|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 36-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Andrew's family say goodbye to him when he left home to start his new cycling adventure?
(a) They beat their breasts and raised prayers of protection to the gods.
(b) They said goodbye awkwardly, without touching.
(c) They hugged and cried.
(d) They did not say goodbye.
2. Which of the following is a rumor that spread rampantly about Ho Chi Minh after his death?
(a) That he was a socialist.
(b) That he had hidden money across Vietnam.
(c) That he was not a native-born Vietnamese.
(d) That he was gay.
3. What did Wong, the man Andrew befriended at the Indonesian refugee camp, do for a living?
(a) He was an elementary school teacher.
(b) He was a candlestick maker.
(c) He was a pig butcher.
(d) He was a jade cutter.
4. How old was Trieu when she finally met her birth father?
(a) A toddler.
(b) A teenager.
(d) In her twenties.
5. What part of California did Andrew visit during his big adventure?
(a) The Redwood forests.
(c) The Wine Country.
(d) The coast.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Chi kill herself?
2. What ethnicity was Tyle, the man Andrew met in the desert?
3. What did Andrew's friends think about his decision to move back in with his parents?
4. How much was Andrew charged in Vietnam to repair his bicycle to top running order?
5. When Andrew was escaping Vietnam as a child, for what was the young woman he met on the street searching the sky?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)