|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who foretold Chi's death?
(a) A Catholic priest.
(b) A Tibetan prince.
(c) A Buddhist monk.
(d) A Christian missionary.
2. How did Chi die?
(a) She died of cancer.
(b) She drown.
(c) She was murdered.
(d) She committed suicide.
3. Which of the following was NOT a reason Andrew cried at the Nguyen house?
(a) He felt guilty for Vietnam's poverty.
(b) He missed his sister, Chi.
(c) He felt the extreme sadness of the world.
(d) He missed America.
4. How long did Andrew spend in Mexico?
(a) Four months.
(b) Two months.
(c) Eight months.
(d) Six months.
5. What holiday was the first "American" holiday celebrated by the Pham family in America?
(a) Memorial Day.
(b) Valentine's Day.
(d) Independence Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a child, how did Andrew treat the neighbor girl who lived near his grandmother's shop?
2. What was the name of the taxi dancer with whom Andrew spent time while visiting Sean's family?
3. Which of the following people is NOT one of Andrew's siblings?
4. Why wasn't Andrew's mother nervous when the escape boat didn't show up to take them away from the rebel soldiers?
5. What type of school did Andrew attend when he was a child?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)