|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the taxi dancer with whom Andrew spent time while visiting Sean's family?
2. In what state did Ronnie live?
(d) New Mexico.
3. Which of the following is NOT a name for one of Andrew's uncles?
4. What type of boat did Andrew's family use to escape Vietnam?
(a) A fishing boat.
(b) A sail boat.
(c) A row boat.
(d) A freighter.
5. Why wasn't Andrew's mother nervous when the escape boat didn't show up to take them away from the rebel soldiers?
(a) Because there were plenty of escape ships that could take them away.
(b) Because she thought they could safely return home and try again later.
(c) Because she knew they were well hidden in the brush.
(d) Because she had strong religious faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country was Andrew's family originally from?
2. When Thong was drafted into the Vietnamese army, what did he hope would earn him a good post?
3. Which area of Vietnam is known as "the fish sauce capital of the world"?
4. Which highway did Andrew take toward his big adventure?
5. Who foretold Chi's death?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)