|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a name for one of Andrew's uncles?
2. Who foretold Chi's death?
(a) A Christian missionary.
(b) A Tibetan prince.
(c) A Buddhist monk.
(d) A Catholic priest.
3. What tragedy struck Andrew's parents when they were first married?
(a) Ahn fell very ill with scarlet fever and went blind.
(b) A typhoon swept through their village destroying their home.
(c) Their infant daughter died.
(d) Their firstborn son was killed by a stray bullet.
4. How long had Ronnie been in a mental institution?
(a) Three years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Nine years.
5. How many years difference was there in age between Chi and Andrew?
(a) Five years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Four years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Chi raised by her grandmother?
2. What characteristic did Andrew dislike most about his father?
3. When Thong was drafted into the Vietnamese army, what did he hope would earn him a good post?
4. What direction did Andrew cycle through California?
5. What did Andrew's friends think about his decision to move back in with his parents?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)