|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who foretold Chi's death?
(a) A Tibetan prince.
(b) A Christian missionary.
(c) A Catholic priest.
(d) A Buddhist monk.
2. How many children did Tyle have?
3. At the outbreak of the Vietnam War, what big dream did Andrew's parents have?
(a) They dreamed of opening a tavern.
(b) They dreamed of starting a restaurant.
(c) All of the answers are true.
(d) They dreamed of moving to America.
4. Which of the following is NOT something Andrew frequently thinks about when remembering the fall of Saigon?
(b) Bullets whizzing by.
5. What part of California did Andrew visit during his big adventure?
(a) The Wine Country.
(b) The coast.
(c) The Redwood forests.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Andrew's birth name?
2. Which of Andrew's relatives made a living selling fish sauce?
3. What did Andrew blame for Chi's death?
4. Which of Andrew's family members was held in a prison camp?
5. What is the overall emotion of the opening quote?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)