|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 36-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday was the first "American" holiday celebrated by the Pham family in America?
(a) Independence Day.
(b) Valentine's Day.
(d) Memorial Day.
2. What was the number one topic of conversation at Grandpa Pham's memorial?
3. During the fall of Saigon, what caused a huge fire which deeply traumatized Andrew?
(a) A man burning a bag full of kittens.
(b) A terrorist setting a hospital on fire.
(c) A Buddhist monk setting himself on fire.
(d) A forest fire.
4. How did Andrew's uncle Viet react when Andrew gave money to a beggar in the Red Light District?
(a) He was ashamed.
(b) He was disgusted.
(c) He was proud.
(d) He was embarrassed.
5. In actuality, where was Andrew planning to cycle next?
(a) Through Siberia.
(b) Through China.
(c) Through Vietnam.
(d) Through the entire United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was Andrew charged in Vietnam to repair his bicycle to top running order?
2. What tragedy struck Andrew's parents when they were first married?
3. Where did Andrew tell people he was going to cycle next?
4. How did the French ship react when they passed Andrew's family's getaway boat?
5. Why did Andrew resolve to ride his bike through Vietnam?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)