|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Andrew's uncle was the only one to support his cross-country bicycle trip in Vietnam?
(a) None of Andrew's uncles supported his trip.
2. Why was Chi raised by her grandmother?
(a) Because Chis' parents couldn't afford to feed all their children.
(b) Because Chi always had a special bond with her grandmother.
(c) As punishment for Chi's bad behavior.
(d) All of the answers are true.
3. Whose short quote opens the memoir?
(a) Max Gardner.
(b) Max Lupine.
(c) Mad Max.
(d) Max Erdrich.
4. Why wasn't Andrew's mother nervous when the escape boat didn't show up to take them away from the rebel soldiers?
(a) Because there were plenty of escape ships that could take them away.
(b) Because she thought they could safely return home and try again later.
(c) Because she knew they were well hidden in the brush.
(d) Because she had strong religious faith.
5. Why did Andrew resolve to ride his bike through Vietnam?
(a) Because he was being very stubborn.
(b) Because this would be the only way to truly see the countryside.
(c) Because he worried he would get lost otherwise.
(d) Because there was no public transportation at the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. In actuality, where was Andrew planning to cycle next?
2. How long had Andrew been cycling through the desert when he met Tyle?
3. What liquor did Andrew and Tyle drink together by their bonfire?
4. Who cared for Andrew as a young boy when his parents left town for business?
5. Which of Andrew's siblings was his grandmother's favorite?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)