|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Andrew resolve to ride his bike through Vietnam?
(a) Because this would be the only way to truly see the countryside.
(b) Because he worried he would get lost otherwise.
(c) Because he was being very stubborn.
(d) Because there was no public transportation at the time.
2. How did Andrew's father punish him for watching television too long?
(a) He poured hot sauce on his tongue.
(b) He whipped him with a belt.
(c) He grounded him for a month.
(d) He slapped him across the face.
3. What type of building was Andrew's childhood home turned into after his family moved out?
(a) A military base.
(b) A health clinic.
(c) A church.
(d) A shopping mall.
4. How long had Ronnie been in a mental institution?
(a) Five years.
(b) Nine years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Three years.
5. How did Andrew's uncle Viet react when Andrew gave money to a beggar in the Red Light District?
(a) He was disgusted.
(b) He was ashamed.
(c) He was embarrassed.
(d) He was proud.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years difference was there in age between Chi and Andrew?
2. As a child, how did Andrew treat the neighbor girl who lived near his grandmother's shop?
3. To what state did the Pham family move immediately upon immigrating to America?
4. What was used to bribe the police officers who searched Andrew's bus?
5. Which of Andrew's relatives made a living selling fish sauce?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)