|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Andrew's uncle, Hung, do for a living?
(a) He was an actor.
(b) He was a filmmaker.
(c) He was a musician.
(d) He was a costume designer.
2. What type of school did Andrew attend when he was a child?
(a) A British school.
(b) An American school.
(c) A Portuguese school.
(d) A French school.
3. Why did Andrew lock himself in his hotel room in Phan Tiet?
(a) Because he thought he was going to be mugged.
(b) Because he didn't trust the hotel owner.
(c) Because wild animals regularly attacked the hotel guests.
(d) Because he was being harassed about his race.
4. How did Andrew's brother, Hien, retaliate when Andrew caned his legs?
(a) He took the punishment in silence.
(b) He attacked him with a knife.
(c) He filled his pillow with bedbugs.
(d) He told his father, who returned the beating.
5. What did Wong, the man Andrew befriended at the Indonesian refugee camp, do for a living?
(a) He was an elementary school teacher.
(b) He was a candlestick maker.
(c) He was a jade cutter.
(d) He was a pig butcher.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often did the Pham family visit the beach in California?
2. By train, how many days did it take to travel from Mung Man to Hanoi?
3. Who cared for Andrew as a young boy when his parents left town for business?
4. What holiday was the first "American" holiday celebrated by the Pham family in America?
5. Which area of Vietnam is known as "the fish sauce capital of the world"?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)