|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Andrew's relatives made a living selling fish sauce?
(a) His great-aunt.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His brother.
2. What was special about the bicyclist Andrew met and stayed with on his way to Ky An?
(a) He was undergoing chemotherapy.
(b) He could speak five different languages fluently.
(c) He had one shriveled arm.
(d) He only had one leg.
3. What type of boat did Andrew's family use to escape Vietnam?
(a) A row boat.
(b) A freighter.
(c) A sail boat.
(d) A fishing boat.
4. How many years difference was there in age between Chi and Andrew?
(a) Three years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Two years.
5. Who told Andrew that Vietnam's national heroine was a prostitute named Kieu?
(a) A university professor.
(b) A beautiful young prostitute.
(c) A homeless woman begging on the street.
(d) Andrew's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Andrew frequently thinks about when remembering the fall of Saigon?
2. What did the "toughs" who boarded Andrew's bus bully the passengers into buying?
3. Why did Andrew feel ashamed when, as an adult, he was reunited with his Vietnamese family?
4. What holiday was the first "American" holiday celebrated by the Pham family in America?
5. Which of the following people is NOT one of Andrew's siblings?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)