|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What denomination church sponsored the Pham family's immigration to America?
2. Why was Chi raised by her grandmother?
(a) As punishment for Chi's bad behavior.
(b) All of the answers are true.
(c) Because Chi always had a special bond with her grandmother.
(d) Because Chis' parents couldn't afford to feed all their children.
3. Who told Andrew that Vietnam's national heroine was a prostitute named Kieu?
(a) A university professor.
(b) A beautiful young prostitute.
(c) Andrew's mother.
(d) A homeless woman begging on the street.
4. When Andrew is bullied by three drunk motorcyclists in Hanoi, what does he offer them to calm them down?
(c) American dollar bills.
5. How long had Wong been living in the refugee camp?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 18 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of boat did Andrew's family use to escape Vietnam?
2. What emotion swept over Andrew when he visited his childhood home?
3. What was the number one topic of conversation at Grandpa Pham's memorial?
4. What was Andrew most looking forward to at his grandpa's memorial?
5. How did Andrew's father punish him for watching television too long?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)