|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Andrew frequently thinks about when remembering the fall of Saigon?
(b) Bullets whizzing by.
2. Who told Andrew that Vietnam's national heroine was a prostitute named Kieu?
(a) Andrew's mother.
(b) A university professor.
(c) A beautiful young prostitute.
(d) A homeless woman begging on the street.
3. What had the prison in which Andrew's father was held been transformed into after his release?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A military compound.
(c) A strip mall.
(d) A village.
4. Why was Chi raised by her grandmother?
(a) Because Chis' parents couldn't afford to feed all their children.
(b) As punishment for Chi's bad behavior.
(c) Because Chi always had a special bond with her grandmother.
(d) All of the answers are true.
5. What dark secret did Trieu share with Andrew about her father?
(a) He had tried to molest her.
(b) He was not really her father but her older brother.
(c) He fathered children all across Vietnam and America, and didn't know how many children he actually had.
(d) He was convicted of war crimes from the Vietnam War.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Andrew's brother, Hien, retaliate when Andrew caned his legs?
2. What was Andrew's birth name?
3. What denomination church sponsored the Pham family's immigration to America?
4. According to his uncle, why would bicycling through Vietnam be dangerous for Andrew?
5. At the time of Grandpa Pham's memorial, where was Andrew living?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)