|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 32-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told Andrew that Vietnam's national heroine was a prostitute named Kieu?
(a) Andrew's mother.
(b) A homeless woman begging on the street.
(c) A beautiful young prostitute.
(d) A university professor.
2. What was Andrew most looking forward to at his grandpa's memorial?
(a) Seeing his family.
(b) The food.
(c) Having a few days off school.
(d) The religious ceremonies.
3. How did Chi's father react when he learned that Chi had been feeding the leper next-door?
(a) He ignored the good news.
(b) He expressed his pride for the first time ever.
(c) He was ashamed and refused to speak to Chi for a week.
(d) He beat Chi severely.
4. How old was Trieu when she finally met her birth father?
(b) A teenager.
(c) A toddler.
(d) In her twenties.
5. Which of the following is NOT a classic Vietnamese characteristic that Kieu possessed?
(a) She had a good sense of humor.
(b) She had dignity, regardless of her personal circumstances.
(c) She was selfless.
(d) She was silent in the wake of adversity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the only part of his grandmother's home that Andrew remembered when he visited the home as an adult?
2. Which of the following is NOT a name for one of Andrew's uncles?
3. What type of boat did Andrew's family use to escape Vietnam?
4. Why was Chi raised by her grandmother?
5. What was used to bribe the police officers who searched Andrew's bus?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)