|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sixth commandment?
2. To what is this last section devoted entirely?
3. What are the different Holy Orders?
4. Whatever one does to another or to oneself, one has also done to whom?
5. What is parrhesia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Catechism say about joining the Holy Orders?
2. To what is this chapter devoted?
3. Who initiates the relationship between God and man? What does this represent?
4. What is the purpose of Baptism?
5. What are the sin-like behaviors of the baptized called? What is the purpose of it?
6. Why is socialization important for humanity?
7. What are the options for the earthly life?
8. What is meant by "Thou Shalt Not Bear False Witness Against Thy Neighbor?"
9. What is the First Commandment?
10. What is meant by confession?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Lord's Prayer sums up the Gospel.
Part 1) What is the Gospel? How does the Lord's Prayer sum up the Gospel? Why is this important?
Part 2) What is the purpose of prayer, in general? How does it affect one's relationship with God?
Part 3) How can prayer, including the Lord's Prayer, be beneficial in one's life?
Essay Topic 2
This book discusses the interpretation of Jesus as Lord.
Part 1) What does this book say about Jesus Christ? Why do the authors discuss the interpretation of Jesus as Lord? Why is this important?
Part 2) What does this interpretation reveal about Jesus? How does His name and role as Lord symbolize Him and His purpose on Earth?
Part 3) How is the idea of Jesus seen in Judaism? Why do they not believe that Jesus is Lord, according to Catholicism? Do you agree? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
There are many symbols of the Church.
Part 1) What are four of these symbols? What do they represent?
Part 2) What is the purpose for having symbols? How do they benefit believers?
Part 3) Are symbols necessary for the Church? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,117 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)