|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of bond is the matrimonial bond in Catholicism?
2. With what does matrimony provide individuals?
3. Does the individual have the choice to decide whether to do good or evil?
4. Can one's motivations and intentions be highly relevant?
5. Is it suggested that there is meaningfulness behind repetition?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is socialization important for humanity?
2. Why is the greatest moral virtue needed in those who wield public authority?
3. What does the Lord's Prayer contain? What is the importance of this prayer?
4. What is said about Matrimony?
5. What is the purpose of the Holy Orders?
6. What is meant by "Thou Shalt Not Bear False Witness Against Thy Neighbor?"
7. What does the Catechism say about joining the Holy Orders?
8. What contradiction exists regarding the fall of the angels?
9. What is Christian prayer?
10. Can people achieve perfection?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Confirmation is discussed.
Part 1) What is confirmation? What takes place during this rite?
Part 2) What is the purpose of confirmation? How does it prepare one for life in the Church?
Part 3) How does baptism lead to confirmation? What steps must take place between the two?
Part 4) How does this sacrament mark someone? What is meant by this mark?
Essay Topic 2
A biography and other information about Jesus is provided.
Part 1) Describe the information provided about Jesus. Why does the Catechism provide this information?
Part 2) How might this information benefit the reader? How different might the benefits be for a Christian reader versus a non-Christian reader? Why?
Part 3) What does this information reveal about Jesus' power and influence, both in His day and today?
Essay Topic 3
Angels are discussed in this book.
Part 1) What is said about angels? Why are angels discussed?
Part 2) Why are angels important in the Catholic faith?
Part 3) How has this information about angels affected you as the reader? Has it altered your opinion of angels and other heavenly beings? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)