|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What follows Confession?
2. Is socialization a necessary part of human development?
3. What are the sources and types of law briefly explained?
4. What is a quality or attitude that is helpful when praying?
5. With what does matrimony provide individuals?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the article say about the notion of conversion of heart?
2. What contradiction exists regarding the fall of the angels?
3. What is another part of Confession?
4. What is said about Matrimony?
5. What is the significance of water?
6. What is the First Commandment?
7. Can people achieve perfection?
8. What is meant by confession?
9. What are the sin-like behaviors of the baptized called? What is the purpose of it?
10. What is Christian prayer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several points are made about the Holy Scriptures and interpretation of the Holy Scriptures.
Part 1) What are the Holy Scriptures? What points are made about them? How does the Catechism suggest interpreting them successfully?
Part 2) How might the set-up of this book help one to better understand the Holy Scriptures?
Part 3) Do you believe the Holy Scriptures can be interpreted successfully? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The book's official author is the Catholic Church.
Part 1) What is meant by the Catholic Church in regards to writing this book?
Part 2) Does the fact that it was written by the Catholic Church give this book more power? Why or why not?
Part 3) Might people from other religions or denominations be interested in reading this book? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
A biography and other information about Jesus is provided.
Part 1) Describe the information provided about Jesus. Why does the Catechism provide this information?
Part 2) How might this information benefit the reader? How different might the benefits be for a Christian reader versus a non-Christian reader? Why?
Part 3) What does this information reveal about Jesus' power and influence, both in His day and today?
This section contains 1,216 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)