|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What might liturgy be?
2. How many sacraments are in the Catholic Church?
3. Upon what does the first chapter focus?
4. Jesus is a word that means what?
5. What is another word for sin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can transmission take place?
2. What does the Catechism say about the resurrection of the body?
3. For whom is this book written?
4. What is the purpose of this first chapter?
5. What is found in the articles in this chapter?
6. Is the Church as the people of God limited to Catholics?
7. What types of men were anointed by the Israelites?
8. What is the purpose of the sacraments?
9. Why do people have the capacity to come to knowledge of God?
10. Who is the author of this book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Faith is discussed.
Part 1) What is meant by faith? Why is it required? For what is it required?
Part 2) Why might faith be a difficult concept to grasp? How might one benefit from faith?
Part 3) What does the discussion of faith in relation to science reveal about the writers of the Catechism? Might this gain them more or less respect from critics? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Life after death is discussed.
Part 1) What does the Church say about life after death? What steps are involved? How are these steps known?
Part 2) How does the afterlife mentioned in this book compare to other religions and cultures? Why is the chance of life after death important to humanity?
Part 3) What are your own thoughts about life after death? What are your opinions and beliefs based on?
Essay Topic 3
Angels are discussed in this book.
Part 1) What is said about angels? Why are angels discussed?
Part 2) Why are angels important in the Catholic faith?
Part 3) How has this information about angels affected you as the reader? Has it altered your opinion of angels and other heavenly beings? Why or why not?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)