|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is meant by tradition?
2. The development of the Church, the Catholic Church explains, is a response of God's to what?
3. According to the Catholic Church the reason for what the Jews are doing is what?
4. How many kinds of men were anointed by the Israelites?
5. What is another word for sin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is liturgy?
2. How did baptism begin?
3. How is faith discussed in relation to science?
4. What is the significance of the English translation of Jesus?
5. How is the current version of the Catechism different from previous ones? Why is it different?
6. What is found in the articles in this chapter?
7. What does catechism mean?
8. What is the purpose of the sacraments?
9. How does liturgy help those who perform these acts?
10. For whom is this book written?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The book's official author is the Catholic Church.
Part 1) What is meant by the Catholic Church in regards to writing this book?
Part 2) Does the fact that it was written by the Catholic Church give this book more power? Why or why not?
Part 3) Might people from other religions or denominations be interested in reading this book? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
A biography and other information about Jesus is provided.
Part 1) Describe the information provided about Jesus. Why does the Catechism provide this information?
Part 2) How might this information benefit the reader? How different might the benefits be for a Christian reader versus a non-Christian reader? Why?
Part 3) What does this information reveal about Jesus' power and influence, both in His day and today?
Essay Topic 3
Life after death is discussed.
Part 1) What does the Church say about life after death? What steps are involved? How are these steps known?
Part 2) How does the afterlife mentioned in this book compare to other religions and cultures? Why is the chance of life after death important to humanity?
Part 3) What are your own thoughts about life after death? What are your opinions and beliefs based on?
This section contains 1,215 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)