|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lord Jesus was baptized by whom?
2. What is another word for sin?
3. What about the creeds may inadvertently sow minor confusion?
4. What is the purpose of the sacraments?
5. Who is this book also designed to benefit?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can transmission take place?
2. To what must one submit? What examples are given of those who have been submissive?
3. What does the Catechism say about the faith one should have in God, compared to his own parents?
4. What is the purpose of this first chapter?
5. What is the function of the Church?
6. What does the Catechism say about the resurrection of the body?
7. What is the purpose of the sacraments?
8. How does liturgy help those who perform these acts?
9. For whom is this book written?
10. What deeper interpretation is provided regarding Jesus' title of Lord?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Socialization is important for humanity.
Part 1) Why is it important for humanity?
Part 2) How can socialization be both good and bad? How can the negative aspect of socialization be dealt with or avoided altogether?
Part 3) How does the Church base it's doctrines and traditions on this idea of socialization?
Essay Topic 2
Confirmation is discussed.
Part 1) What is confirmation? What takes place during this rite?
Part 2) What is the purpose of confirmation? How does it prepare one for life in the Church?
Part 3) How does baptism lead to confirmation? What steps must take place between the two?
Part 4) How does this sacrament mark someone? What is meant by this mark?
Essay Topic 3
There are seven sacraments.
Part 1) What are the seven sacraments? Describe them.
Part 2) What is the purpose of each sacrament? How are they categorized? Why are they categorized in this way?
Part 3) Are all of these sacraments required? Could you do without any of them? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)