|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an important note about the Holy Scriptures?
2. Who is the one actually tending the flock?
3. What does catechism mean?
4. Why is the New Testament affirmed as the continuation of the Old Testament?
5. What is one reason for this change in the Catechism?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is meant by everlasting life?
2. What is the function of the Church?
3. Who is the Savior God in Judaism?
4. Why do people have the capacity to come to knowledge of God?
5. What is the purpose of the sacraments?
6. Who is the author of this book?
7. What are the seven sacraments?
8. How is faith discussed in relation to science?
9. Is the Church as the people of God limited to Catholics?
10. What types of men were anointed by the Israelites?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A biography and other information about Jesus is provided.
Part 1) Describe the information provided about Jesus. Why does the Catechism provide this information?
Part 2) How might this information benefit the reader? How different might the benefits be for a Christian reader versus a non-Christian reader? Why?
Part 3) What does this information reveal about Jesus' power and influence, both in His day and today?
Essay Topic 2
This book is a Universal Catechism.
Part 1) What is meant by Universal Catechism? What does this mean for the Catechism? What does it mean for Catholics around the world?
Part 2) Is this good that it is a Universal Catechism? Why or why not?
Part 3) How might this fact affect the way believers interpret the Bible?
Essay Topic 3
The Lord's Prayer sums up the Gospel.
Part 1) What is the Gospel? How does the Lord's Prayer sum up the Gospel? Why is this important?
Part 2) What is the purpose of prayer, in general? How does it affect one's relationship with God?
Part 3) How can prayer, including the Lord's Prayer, be beneficial in one's life?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)