|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Those who are presently Jews but not Christians are still doing what?
2. These types of interpretations are the _____________ senses of how the text is meant.
3. Does the Catechism say that it is possible for the living to help the dead?
4. Is the hell mentioned in the creed meant to be a location, according to the Catholic Church?
5. What is meant by tradition?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did baptism begin?
2. How is this book unlike many others?
3. What is liturgy?
4. What do the twelve apostles represent?
5. How does liturgy help those who perform these acts?
6. What is the purpose of this first chapter?
7. What is the purpose of the sacraments?
8. What does the Catechism say about the resurrection of the body?
9. Who is the author of this book?
10. How can transmission take place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Catholicism believes in the Holy Trinity.
Part 1) What is the Holy Trinity? What do Catholics believe about the Holy Trinity?
Part 2) Would you say this is a common belief among Christians? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does belief in this Trinity affect one's view of God and Jesus? Why?
Essay Topic 2
There are many symbols of the Church.
Part 1) What are four of these symbols? What do they represent?
Part 2) What is the purpose for having symbols? How do they benefit believers?
Part 3) Are symbols necessary for the Church? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The Eucharist is an important act in the Catholic Church.
Part 1) What is the Eucharist in the Catholic Church? Why is it often called by other names, such as Holy Communion?
Part 2) Why is this the one sacrament that is not open to outsiders? What is the purpose of this?
Part 3) Do you believe only Catholics should participate in Holy Communion? Why or why not?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)