|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are options for the earthly life divided?
(a) Into healthy and unhealthy.
(b) Into life and salvation or destruction.
(c) Into love and hate.
(d) Into happiness and unhappiness.
2. What kinds of killing are all wrong?
(a) Suicide and homicide.
(c) Suicide, abortion and homicide.
(d) Abortion and homicide.
3. Baptism initiates people into what?
(a) A sinless life.
(b) The crucifixion of the Christ.
(c) A family.
(d) A happy life.
4. Why is the cultivation of superior moral character by practicing precepts often still of great benefit to the baptized?
(a) Those who are baptized are perfect and sinless.
(b) The purification does not significantly alter an individual's nature or disposition.
(c) The purification of baptism lasts forever.
(d) The baptized must help all others.
5. From whom is prayer a gift?
(b) The Apostles.
(c) One's parents.
(d) Adam and Eve.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why should one not kill?
2. What is the sixth commandment?
3. Why is the woman designated as man's helpmeet?
4. Freedom within the spectrum of choices that "fall amongst the good" is only furthered and enhanced by what?
5. The Church reminds readers during the Lord's Prayer of Jesus' teaching that everyone can be and must be what?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what is this chapter devoted?
2. What is said about how God appears in mankind?
3. What is Christian prayer?
4. What is another part of Confession?
5. What happens after one is baptized, regarding sin?
6. What does the Catechism say about joining the Holy Orders?
7. What is meant by confession?
8. Can people achieve perfection?
9. What does the Lord's Prayer contain? What is the importance of this prayer?
10. What contradiction exists regarding the fall of the angels?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)