|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might liturgy be?
(a) Acts of charity towards the local community.
(b) Rituals the priest performs.
(c) Acts for the good of the Church.
(d) Acts that the lay assistant performs during a mass.
2. Of what was Jesus the cornerstone?
(a) A barn.
(b) A tomb.
(c) A cottage.
(d) A building.
3. What is another word for sin?
4. Is the Church as the people of God specified as being limited to Catholics?
5. Who is this book also designed to benefit?
(a) Others of the Christian faith and the curious.
(b) Other denominations.
(c) The Pope.
(d) Other religious leaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. The development of the Church, the Catholic Church explains, is a response of God's to what?
2. Why is the New Testament affirmed as the continuation of the Old Testament?
3. What are the sacraments that focus upon lifestyle?
4. How does this book differ from Scriptures?
5. What is meant by tradition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is another problem with the English translation?
2. To what must one submit? What examples are given of those who have been submissive?
3. What are the seven sacraments?
4. How is the current version of the Catechism different from previous ones? Why is it different?
5. What is the purpose of this first chapter?
6. What is found in the articles in this chapter?
7. What is one problem the English translation causes?
8. What is the purpose of the sacraments?
9. What is liturgy?
10. What is the function of the Church?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)