|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The articles of the creed begin with belief in who?
(a) God the Father as the One and only God.
(b) One's self.
(c) A higher being.
(d) The Church.
2. What do a sheepfold, a cultivated field, and a temple all have in common?
(a) They are misunderstood by many Christians.
(b) They are found in the New Testament.
(c) They are symbols of the Church.
(d) They are remembrances of the Old Testament.
3. What does the Christ mean?
(a) The Messiah.
(c) Our Beloved.
4. Who fears the name of Jesus?
(b) Other gods.
(c) Evil spirits.
(d) All people.
5. Why is the New Testament affirmed as the continuation of the Old Testament?
(a) Since Christ's arrival has been predicted by and prepared for through the Old Testament.
(b) Since both books share the same God.
(c) Since they have the same authors.
(d) Since characters in the Old Testament are mentioned in the New Testament.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Catholic Church the reason for what the Jews are doing is what?
2. How many sacraments are in the Catholic Church?
3. Who are exemplars of obedience to God?
4. To what does everlasting life relate?
5. What did the Jews offer to this Savior God?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does catechism mean?
2. What deeper interpretation is provided regarding Jesus' title of Lord?
3. What does the Catechism say about the resurrection of the body?
4. How are the Apostles' Creed and the Nicene Creed presented?
5. What types of men were anointed by the Israelites?
6. How can transmission take place?
7. What is one problem the English translation causes?
8. To what must one submit? What examples are given of those who have been submissive?
9. With what truth does this book begin?
10. What are the seven sacraments?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)