|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the power of forgiveness offered by Jesus and the Apostles so profound?
(a) Forgiveness is the best gift one can give.
(b) Forgiveness is easy to give.
(c) Forgiveness can sometimes be difficult.
(d) Forgiveness is a strange concept for people to understand.
2. What sacraments pertain most directly to Jesus, the Church and the worshiper of God?
(a) Anointing the Sick and Penance.
(b) Baptism and confirmation.
(c) Baptism, Confirmation, and the Eucharist.
(d) Marriage and the Holy Orders.
3. Of what was Jesus the cornerstone?
(a) A barn.
(b) A tomb.
(c) A building.
(d) A cottage.
4. What are the twelve apostles intended to represent?
(a) The kingdoms of the world during Jesus' day.
(b) Each of Jesus' family members.
(c) The various races found around the world.
(d) Each of the twelve tribes of Israel.
5. What did the Jews offer to this Savior God?
(a) Animal sacrifices.
(b) Their first born.
(d) Prayers of devotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what is it decided that there is a need to generate an updated version of the catechism?
2. What have the organizers used in organizing the book?
3. The Church is described as being what?
4. The Church's official position on the Muslims is that the latter are recognized as what?
5. The Catechism explains that to address Lord Jesus either silently or aloud is to approach him with adoration, and is often for what purpose?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one problem the English translation causes?
2. What deeper interpretation is provided regarding Jesus' title of Lord?
3. For whom is this book written?
4. To what must one submit? What examples are given of those who have been submissive?
5. How can transmission take place?
6. How is the current version of the Catechism different from previous ones? Why is it different?
7. What is meant by ecclesia?
8. What is liturgy?
9. What does the Catechism say about the resurrection of the body?
10. How did baptism begin?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)