|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Church is described as being what?
(a) The Father and Mother of the faithful.
(b) The Child of all.
(d) The Mother of the faithful.
2. How does this book differ from Scriptures?
(a) It is not and does not pretend to be, a work of God.
(b) It can be believed by all.
(c) It is not the truth.
(d) It is simpler to read.
3. Why is the power of forgiveness offered by Jesus and the Apostles so profound?
(a) Forgiveness is the best gift one can give.
(b) Forgiveness can sometimes be difficult.
(c) Forgiveness is a strange concept for people to understand.
(d) Forgiveness is easy to give.
4. Once God's will and Spirit are recognized within one's life despite his often invisible state, what is the correct response?
5. Of what was Jesus the cornerstone?
(a) A tomb.
(b) A cottage.
(c) A barn.
(d) A building.
6. The Apostles' Creed and the Nicene Creed are presented as what, which are a normative part of Catholic Mass?
(a) "God's rules" together with "Jesus' rules."
(b) A prayer to God together with a prayer to Jesus.
(c) "I believe" together with the "We believe."
(d) The rules one must follow.
7. How does Man's Response to God begin?
(a) God comes to everyone at birth.
(b) God seeks out friendship with people through daily activities.
(c) People and God meet during daily activities.
(d) People seek out friendship with God through daily activities.
8. What are the sacraments that focus upon lifestyle?
(a) Holy Orders and the Eucharist.
(b) Marriage and Holy Orders.
(c) Baptism and Marriage.
(d) Anointing of the Sick and confirmation.
9. Upon what does the first chapter focus?
(a) The Church's opinions of other religions.
(b) How the Church began.
(c) How people in the Church treat others.
(d) How people desire God and wish for knowledge of God.
10. What is the meaning of liturgy?
(a) A public work will be done, as a service of God unto humanity.
(b) The acts of the congregation during the mass.
(c) The activities that the lay assistant performs during a mass.
(d) A long speech given during a mass.
11. According to the Church, people have the capacity to come to knowledge of God for how many reasons?
12. Jesus is a word that means what?
(a) Our savior.
(d) God saves.
13. What have the organizers used in organizing the book?
(a) A special numerical system.
(b) A typical set-up.
(c) An orderly system of chapters.
(d) Many small chapters.
14. What did the Jews offer to this Savior God?
(b) Prayers of devotion.
(c) Animal sacrifices.
(d) Their first born.
15. How can others be brought into belief?
(a) Through education and exposure to Christ's teachings and miracles.
(b) Through the Holy Spirit.
(c) Through prayer.
(d) Through education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another word for sin?
2. What do a sheepfold, a cultivated field, and a temple all have in common?
3. The most important action is for individuals to submit to this divine authority wholly and to yield only partially to the dominance of whom?
4. What does catechism mean?
5. The meaning of Jesus is in what language?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)