|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the twelve apostles intended to represent?
(a) Each of the twelve tribes of Israel.
(b) The kingdoms of the world during Jesus' day.
(c) Each of Jesus' family members.
(d) The various races found around the world.
2. How many specified types of interpretation exist?
3. What about the creeds may inadvertently sow minor confusion?
(a) The Greek translation.
(b) The difficulty of the rules.
(c) Their difference from the Bible.
(d) The English translation.
4. Is the Church as the people of God specified as being limited to Catholics?
5. How is this version of the Catechism unlike versions centuries ago?
(a) It gives more equality for members of the Church.
(b) It exhorts the members of the religion to read and study the Scriptures for themselves in addition to Church attendance.
(c) It requires less of members of the Church.
(d) It it more liberal.
6. In Judaism, how often was the Savior God invoked?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Twice annually.
(c) Once every decade.
(d) Once annually.
7. How many kinds of men were anointed by the Israelites?
8. What does the Hebrew spelling of YHWH when properly translated actually say?
(a) YOU ARE WHO YOU ARE.
(b) IT IS WHAT IT IS.
(c) I AM WHO I AM.
(d) IT WAS WHAT IT WAS.
9. During what is it decided that there is a need to generate an updated version of the catechism?
(a) The Third Vatican Ecumenical Council.
(b) The Second Vatican Ecumenical Council.
(c) The First Vatican Ecumenical Council.
(d) The Fourth Vatican Ecumenical Council.
10. Who is the book's official author?
(a) A group of Bishops.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The Pope.
(d) Priests from around the world.
11. Does the Catechism say that it is possible for the living to help the dead?
12. According to the Catholic Church the reason for what the Jews are doing is what?
(a) A desire for the return of the Messiah.
(b) A knowledge Christians do not have.
(c) A lack of knowledge or understanding of Lord Jesus.
(d) A lack of trust in Jesus.
13. Is the hell mentioned in the creed meant to be a location, according to the Catholic Church?
(a) Hell is not capitalized as a location in the Catechism.
(b) It is not known what is meant by this.
14. The Church is meant to support what transformation of the world on Earth?
(a) Into a place of harmony and love for all.
(b) Into the Kingdom of God in Heaven and upon the Earth.
(c) Into a peaceful place.
(d) Into a paradise for all.
15. What does the Catechism say about the answer to the question of evil?
(a) It is very simple.
(b) It is not very dangerous.
(c) It is not simple.
(d) It is stronger than God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon what does the first chapter focus?
2. How does Man's Response to God begin?
3. How has the work been assembled?
4. For Catholics what is necessary for someone to be a Christian?
5. The Church is described as being what?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)