|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Profession of Faith: Chapter 6, The Creeds: Articles of Forgiveness & The Resurrection.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Apostles' Creed and the Nicene Creed are presented as what, which are a normative part of Catholic Mass?
(a) "I believe" together with the "We believe."
(b) "God's rules" together with "Jesus' rules."
(c) A prayer to God together with a prayer to Jesus.
(d) The rules one must follow.
2. During what is it decided that there is a need to generate an updated version of the catechism?
(a) The Second Vatican Ecumenical Council.
(b) The First Vatican Ecumenical Council.
(c) The Fourth Vatican Ecumenical Council.
(d) The Third Vatican Ecumenical Council.
3. The development of the Church, the Catholic Church explains, is a response of God's to what?
(a) His desire to see His people together.
(b) The need of the people to gather.
(c) The conditions that resulted from the sins of humanity.
(d) The desire of the people to worship him.
4. Is the hell mentioned in the creed meant to be a location, according to the Catholic Church?
(a) Hell is not capitalized as a location in the Catechism.
(b) It is not known what is meant by this.
5. Who invoked the Savior God?
(b) The priest's assistants.
(c) The high priests.
(d) The people.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does everlasting life relate?
2. According to the Church, Christ spent the three days that he was deceased where?
3. The meaning of Jesus is in what language?
4. According to the Catholic Church the reason for what the Jews are doing is what?
5. The Catechism offers _____________ means by which to help understand the real literal significance of what is written.
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)