|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Profession of Faith: Chapter 5, The Creeds Continued, Belief in the Catholic Church.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the primary intended audience of this book?
(a) Church bishops.
(b) All Christians.
(c) All Catholics.
(d) The Pope.
2. Will there be resurrection of the bodies of the deceased?
3. Why is the New Testament affirmed as the continuation of the Old Testament?
(a) Since Christ's arrival has been predicted by and prepared for through the Old Testament.
(b) Since both books share the same God.
(c) Since characters in the Old Testament are mentioned in the New Testament.
(d) Since they have the same authors.
4. Is this a work of man?
(a) Yes, it is partially a work of man.
(b) No, it is a work of God.
(c) No, it is a collaboration between God and man.
(d) Yes, it is a work of man.
5. What does the Hebrew spelling of YHWH when properly translated actually say?
(a) IT IS WHAT IT IS.
(b) I AM WHO I AM.
(c) YOU ARE WHO YOU ARE.
(d) IT WAS WHAT IT WAS.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the word creed defined?
2. What is one reason for this change in the Catechism?
3. What is meant by tradition?
4. How is this version of the Catechism unlike versions centuries ago?
5. The Catechism offers _____________ means by which to help understand the real literal significance of what is written.
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)