|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Profession of Faith: Chapter 3, The Creeds: Part One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one reason for this change in the Catechism?
(a) The Church is influenced by other churches.
(b) The Church knows that life is more hectic today.
(c) The Bible is easier to access than it was centuries ago.
(d) The Church understands that all people are equal.
2. What is meant by tradition?
(a) The living tradition of all the Church's operations and every other way that God directs the education of people through the Holy Spirit.
(b) The secular activities of the Church.
(c) The outward appearance of the Church.
(d) The religious dogma created by religious leaders.
3. The Apostles' Creed and the Nicene Creed are presented as what, which are a normative part of Catholic Mass?
(a) "God's rules" together with "Jesus' rules."
(b) "I believe" together with the "We believe."
(c) A prayer to God together with a prayer to Jesus.
(d) The rules one must follow.
4. Who is one able to trust better than one's own parents?
(a) The Church.
(c) The apostles.
5. How does Man's Response to God begin?
(a) God comes to everyone at birth.
(b) People seek out friendship with God through daily activities.
(c) God seeks out friendship with people through daily activities.
(d) People and God meet during daily activities.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Catechism offers _____________ means by which to help understand the real literal significance of what is written.
2. During what is it decided that there is a need to generate an updated version of the catechism?
3. Holding fast to faith is in accordance with what?
4. Then to what do the articles of the creed move on?
5. What is the successful movement of teachings from educator to receptive student?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)