|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Profession of Faith: Chapter 4, The Creeds Part 2: Lord Jesus & the Holy Spirit.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is meant by tradition?
(a) The secular activities of the Church.
(b) The living tradition of all the Church's operations and every other way that God directs the education of people through the Holy Spirit.
(c) The outward appearance of the Church.
(d) The religious dogma created by religious leaders.
2. The Apostles' Creed and the Nicene Creed are presented as what, which are a normative part of Catholic Mass?
(a) "I believe" together with the "We believe."
(b) "God's rules" together with "Jesus' rules."
(c) The rules one must follow.
(d) A prayer to God together with a prayer to Jesus.
3. What did the Jews offer to this Savior God?
(b) Prayers of devotion.
(c) Their first born.
(d) Animal sacrifices.
4. How can others be brought into belief?
(a) Through prayer.
(b) Through education.
(c) Through education and exposure to Christ's teachings and miracles.
(d) Through the Holy Spirit.
5. Upon what does the first chapter focus?
(a) The Church's opinions of other religions.
(b) How people in the Church treat others.
(c) How people desire God and wish for knowledge of God.
(d) How the Church began.
Short Answer Questions
1. The articles of the creed begin with belief in who?
2. Who is the book's official author?
3. Who invoked the Savior God?
4. How does Man's Response to God begin?
5. To whom is a letter addressed that explains the background of the catechism?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)