|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Celebration of the Christian Mysteries: Chapter 2, Sacraments of Initiation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The power of water to purify and to cleanse was also advanced by what?
(a) The rainfalll that takes place around the world.
(b) The amount of water found in the oceans.
(c) The falling of manna from the sky.
(d) The flood and the time of Noah.
2. Through liturgy, what happens to the People of God?
(a) They are patient.
(b) They are sinless.
(c) They are transformed.
(d) They are given peace.
3. What does the Hebrew spelling of YHWH when properly translated actually say?
(a) YOU ARE WHO YOU ARE.
(b) IT WAS WHAT IT WAS.
(c) I AM WHO I AM.
(d) IT IS WHAT IT IS.
4. What is the entire function of the Church?
(a) To judge others in the name of God.
(b) To protect its people.
(c) To be the continuance of the apostolic relationship among Jesus' intimate followers and other believers.
(d) To explain the teachings of Jesus.
5. What sacraments pertain most directly to Jesus, the Church and the worshiper of God?
(a) Marriage and the Holy Orders.
(b) Baptism, Confirmation, and the Eucharist.
(c) Anointing the Sick and Penance.
(d) Baptism and confirmation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Israel crossing the Red Sea and the River Jordan and arriving in the promised lands are also recognized as what?
2. Upon what does the first chapter focus?
3. The Church is described as being what?
4. Who is the primary intended audience of this book?
5. The articles of the creed begin with belief in who?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)