|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Life in Christ: Chapter 1, Eight Articles on Principles of the Catholic Faith.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are free will and sentience, or rationality?
(a) Two gifts bestowed by God.
(b) Two contrasting ideas.
(c) Two aspects of humanity.
(d) Two qualities that most strongly indicate the divine within humanity.
2. According to whom, a good intention cannot override the bad of an evil action?
(a) St. Elizabeth.
(b) St. Anne
(c) St. Thomas Aquinas.
(d) St. Francis Asissi.
3. What sacraments pertain most directly to Jesus, the Church and the worshiper of God?
(a) Baptism, Confirmation, and the Eucharist.
(b) Baptism and confirmation.
(c) Marriage and the Holy Orders.
(d) Anointing the Sick and Penance.
4. Does the individual have the choice to decide whether to do good or evil?
5. How are options for the earthly life divided?
(a) Into love and hate.
(b) Into life and salvation or destruction.
(c) Into healthy and unhealthy.
(d) Into happiness and unhappiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the sacraments also intended to improve?
2. Within what is freedom of choice present?
3. People are advised to have the view of _____________________.
4. The Roman Catholic Church believes that God provides different names for Himself as revelations of His true nature and to do what?
5. Freedom within the spectrum of choices that "fall amongst the good" is only furthered and enhanced by what?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)