Book 1, Apostolic Constitution: Chapter 1, Prologue
• The background is explained in a letter addressed mainly to other professional clerics within the denomination.
• It was decided that there was a need to generate an updated version of the catechism during the Second Vatican Ecumenical Council.
• The author of the letter explains that "catechism" means the entire body of teachings of the religion.
• They are limited to those used throughout the Catholic denomination with the understanding that in some locations there will be additions made to these.
• The book's official author is the Catholic Church.
• In the prologue the explanation is provided that the work has been assembled in a collaborative effort.
• A number of church officials have dedicated some of their time to fulfilling the request to create a new high quality edition of the catechism.
• It is quite unlike most books that have one author and also differs from...
This section contains 2,486 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)