|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word is used to describe something that is different from everything else?
2. Which movie did the director show and claim as his favorite movie?
3. What was the artist's first name?
4. Which of the following is a hobby for Lynch?
5. Which type of common wood is a favorite for Lynch?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do people typically react toward someone that practices TM?
2. How can one live the art life and be true to one's own creativity without starving to death?
3. Discuss the craftsman from Lynch's childhood and how it relates to creativity.
4. Discuss Lynch's meeting with the great Federico Fellini.
5. What is a common motivator when trying to get someone to do what you want? What is Lynch's opinion on this motivator? What is a better alternative?
6. Why is Lynch so fascinated with digital video? What has Lynch done with DV recently?
7. What about the incident reminded Lynch of the theory?
8. Everyone wants world peace. How does Lynch help the cause?
9. For thousands of years people have taken drugs to open the doors to their creative centers. Explain why Lynch believes it is a huge mistake to do so.
10. Why is sound such a crucial part of a film? How does sound compare to lighting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain in detail the scientific aspect to Transcendental Meditation. Which area of science is closely related to the practice and its by-products? How were the scientists able to analyze TM and its results using scientific data and equipment? What did the scientists find at the end of the experiment? Do you think there is more to find? What is the name of the theory given to this study? What was the final determination about the purpose and benefits of TM?
Essay Topic 2
Money and creativity are often linked when it comes to executing a project. Discuss Lynch's views on this topic. How does money affect the creative process? Can a person with money develop a project without a certain level of creativity? Explain. What might a creative person do to develop a project if money is in short supply? How have these issues affected Lynch? Are these issues still a part of Lynch's life? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
David Lynch has a longstanding working relationship with the actress Laura Dern. Examine Lynch's work with Dern. Why was it important for Lynch to work with Dern? What is the level of Dern's acting experience? What does Dern bring to the films that other actresses may not? In which films did Dern appear? Write a 500 word essay on Dern's work with Lynch. Include biographical information on Dern.
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)