|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which famous artist is referred to by Lynch?
(d) Van Gogh.
2. Which movie did the director show and claim as his favorite movie?
(a) "Dead Man Walking."
(b) "The Crow."
(c) "A Clockwork Orange."
3. When the right elements come together, it is referred to as being which of the following:
4. It made sense to Lynch that all _____ are connected in some way.
(b) Artistic endeavors.
5. What word is used to describe the stereotypical emotion of creative people?
Short Answer Questions
1. What adjective is used to describe the ratings after the episode aired?
2. Digital video gives film a grainy quality that is reminiscent of which decade in Hollywood?
3. Which type of common wood is a favorite for Lynch?
4. Lynch's experiences at the time caused him to return to which theory?
5. Lynch believes that everyone affects which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What inspiration and confirmation did Lynch receive regarding the title of the movie?
2. Why is Lynch so adamant about staying true to oneself?
3. Why is sound such a crucial part of a film? How does sound compare to lighting?
4. What is a common motivator when trying to get someone to do what you want? What is Lynch's opinion on this motivator? What is a better alternative?
5. What about the incident reminded Lynch of the theory?
6. Why does Lynch believe restrictions are often a blessing in disguise?
7. What is the preferred alternative to tapping into one's creative center?
8. How can one live the art life and be true to one's own creativity without starving to death?
9. Discuss one of Lynch's favorite hobbies and how it stirs him in a visual sense.
10. Discuss Lynch's meeting with the great Federico Fellini.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)