|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which movie did the director show and claim as his favorite movie?
(b) "The Crow."
(c) "Dead Man Walking."
(d) "A Clockwork Orange."
2. Lynch tells a story about a ______ that used to go to the family home.
3. What is the first episode of a new TV show called?
4. The movie "Lost Highways" was partly inspired by what celebrity?
(a) OJ Simpson.
(b) Dennis Hopper.
(c) Tiger Woods.
(d) Kiefer Sutherland.
5. Which of the following is a vital element in creating cinema?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Lynch's Polish friend?
2. Lynch uses which of the following words to describe something that is examined closely?
3. What word is used to describe something that is referred to so often as to be considered humorous?
4. What word is used to describe the stereotypical emotion of creative people?
5. Which of the following is not mentioned as a negative emotion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lynch so adamant about staying true to oneself?
2. Everyone wants world peace. How does Lynch help the cause?
3. A popular misconception about artists is that they must know suffering and angst in order to be prolific. What does this mean? Is it an accurate statement?
4. How can one live the art life and be true to one's own creativity without starving to death?
5. Describe the room in the TV show that ending up integral to the plot.
6. Lynch is known for producing "dark" films. What is the common response Lynch draws from people on this subject?
7. Discuss the craftsman from Lynch's childhood and how it relates to creativity.
8. What inspiration and confirmation did Lynch receive regarding the title of the movie?
9. Discuss the first two directors referred to by Lynch. Why does Lynch idolize these men and their work?
10. For thousands of years people have taken drugs to open the doors to their creative centers. Explain why Lynch believes it is a huge mistake to do so.
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)