|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the best and worst things that can happen to a person?
(a) Success and failure.
(b) Positivity and negativity.
(c) Love and heartbreak.
(d) Wealth and poverty.
2. What is the name of the director that invited Lynch to his house?
3. Which of the following is not mentioned as a negative emotion?
4. Lynch does not believe in which of the following:
(d) Concrete ideas.
5. What is the name of the movie produced but not written by Lynch?
(a) "Girl, Interrupted."
(c) "Man in the Moon."
(d) "The Straight Story."
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lynch, negativity is ____.
2. What item was the friend eventually allowed to use in the film?
3. What word is used to describe the stereotypical emotion of creative people?
4. Each person on the earth deserves to know ____.
5. Lynch tells a story about a ______ that used to go to the family home.
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss one of Lynch's favorite hobbies and how it stirs him in a visual sense.
2. Lynch is known for producing "dark" films. What is the common response Lynch draws from people on this subject?
3. Discuss the craftsman from Lynch's childhood and how it relates to creativity.
4. Describe the room in the TV show that ending up integral to the plot.
5. Why is it important to set the scene using every day items?
6. During the shooting of Inland Empire, Lynch received confirmation on one popular theory. What was the theory and who was involved?
7. Why does Lynch vehemently object to directors adding commentary to their films?
8. What inspiration and confirmation did Lynch receive regarding the title of the movie?
9. For thousands of years people have taken drugs to open the doors to their creative centers. Explain why Lynch believes it is a huge mistake to do so.
10. Discuss Lynch's first attempt at creating a digital film for the Internet. What caused the project to go in a different direction?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)