|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Being overly eager to please may cause one to lose which of the following:
2. What was the name of the piece chosen for the film?
(a) Four Seasons.
(c) Adagio for Strings.
(d) Symphony in D Minor.
3. Which is the first movie mentioned by Lynch?
(a) Blue Velvet.
(c) Lost Highways.
(d) Twin Peaks.
4. Where did the Lynch family move to when David was a child?
5. What is the name of the actor that waiting until Lynch got funding for his film?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lynch, which place/object is the best entrance into the world?
2. What instrument was chosen by Lynch?
3. Lynch believes that the most important part of the pre-production part of filmmaking is to get everyone on the ______.
4. How many stages of consciousness are there?
5. Lynch believes that TM can help a person regain which of the following:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lynch's opinion of sound in film?
2. Explain Lynch's attachment to anger and the project that evolved from that anger.
3. Why does Lynch see "Eraserhead" as a spiritual movie? What inspired Lynch to pull it all together and finish the film?
4. How does Lynch choose actors? List at least one of the criteria for being chosen by Lynch.
5. How did TM affect Lynch's relationship with negativity?
6. What is the author's opinion on the amount of control a director should have over a film? What is Lynch's explanation?
7. Why does Lynch discount it when people say they are not informed enough to interpret cinema? What is a common bond between viewers?
8. What type of answers should one seek when practicing TM? What is most likely not going to happen?
9. Why does Lynch believe that every film is an experiment? What happens if the experiment fails?
10. What scientific theory supported the effects of TM? What part of science developed and supported the theory? What other type of science supported the theory?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)