|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which color is not mentioned as one of the colors of consciousness?
2. What did Lynch create almost by accident?
(a) Prize winning sculpture.
(b) Artists' roundtable.
(c) Animated film.
(d) First painting.
3. Which item is responsible for attracting the first idea in Lynch's mind?
4. The faces tend to show a sense of _____.
5. What medical device/procedure can be used to prove Lynch's point?
(a) PET scan.
(c) CAT scan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which branch of science is referred to in this section?
2. Lynch learned this lesson the hard way when he worked on which movie?
3. According to the principles of TM, which of the following is unavoidable?
4. Like Lynch, the doctor believes that transcending is a(n) ______ thing.
5. How long did the actor wait?
Short Essay Questions
1. What creates an initial idea? How do bigger ideas come into reality? How does Lynch feel about idea fragments?
2. Why does Lynch discount it when people say they are not informed enough to interpret cinema? What is a common bond between viewers?
3. What is Lynch's opinion on the increasing pace of society?
4. How did TM affect Lynch's relationship with negativity?
5. What was Lynch's first impression of Hollywood? What is desirable about the area?
6. Why does Lynch believe that every film is an experiment? What happens if the experiment fails?
7. Why does Lynch attach a visual image to transcendence? What is the image and its explanation?
8. How was the western world educated about Transcendental Meditation? Who was the teacher? When was TM introduced to the US?
9. What is Lynch's opinion of sound in film?
10. Lynch discusses dream logic. How many times has the author experienced it? What project was he working on at the time? Who was involved?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)