|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lynch believes that every film is a(n) ______.
(b) Labor of love.
(d) Expression of self.
2. Lynch moved to Los Angeles from which major eastern city?
(d) New York.
3. Lynch found the knowledge regarding TM to be very _____.
4. What tool is essential to figuring out one's path?
5. What shape is the room described by Lynch?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lynch learned this lesson the hard way when he worked on which movie?
2. Physicists believe that everything comes from which of the following:
3. One of Lynch's favorite things about film is the ability to do which of the following?
4. What medical device/procedure can be used to prove Lynch's point?
5. This doctor is an expert in which of the following areas:
Short Essay Questions
1. What example does Lynch use to illustrate this point? What was the outcome?
2. What scientific theory supported the effects of TM? What part of science developed and supported the theory? What other type of science supported the theory?
3. Why does Lynch see "Eraserhead" as a spiritual movie? What inspired Lynch to pull it all together and finish the film?
4. Why is rehearsal important? What is its purpose?
5. What is another example of Lynch's "marriage theory?"
6. What type of answers should one seek when practicing TM? What is most likely not going to happen?
7. How did TM affect Lynch's relationship with negativity?
8. What creates an initial idea? How do bigger ideas come into reality? How does Lynch feel about idea fragments?
9. How was the western world educated about Transcendental Meditation? Who was the teacher? When was TM introduced to the US?
10. What is Lynch's opinion on the marriage of emotion and intellect?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)