|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the doctor's first name?
2. What is the surname of the actor Lynch had chosen to be in the film?
3. What was the first name of the composer/musician?
4. Lynch takes great joy in which kind of art?
5. The faces also tend to show a lack of ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was famous for teaching people about TM?
2. Lynch moved to Los Angeles from which major eastern city?
3. Lynch was enthralled when he learned that his childhood friend's father was a professional _____.
4. This type of inspiration happened during the filming of which Lynch movie?
5. Which movie does Lynch consider to be his most spiritual?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lynch see "Eraserhead" as a spiritual movie? What inspired Lynch to pull it all together and finish the film?
2. What is the purpose of TM? What is the pay off for committing to the practice?
3. Who showed the scientific community proof that transcending is a real and measurable thing? How was it proven?
4. How did TM affect Lynch's relationship with negativity?
5. Explain how and why Lynch changed his thinking regarding TM.
6. Why does Lynch believe that every film is an experiment? What happens if the experiment fails?
7. Explain Lynch's breakthrough at the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts. How did the project start? What did it inspire?
8. How does Lynch choose actors? List at least one of the criteria for being chosen by Lynch.
9. Explain the definition and practice of transcendence. Is it easily achieved?
10. What caused Lynch to put his artistic dreams on hold when he was a child?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)