|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument was chosen by Lynch?
2. Lynch believes that having someone ruin your film is like:
(a) Falling off a bridge.
(b) Being buried alive.
(c) Slipping on a banana peel.
(d) Dying twice.
3. Which is referenced in relation to the arrival of an idea?
(b) Thunder clap.
(d) Cartoon character.
4. Which color is not mentioned as one of the colors of consciousness?
5. Where did Lynch spend a great deal of time as a child?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the doctor's first name?
2. Lynch believes that his ____ for the film was ultimately ruined.
3. How much money did Lynch earn per week?
4. Lynch found the knowledge regarding TM to be very _____.
5. Lynch refers to what body of water?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain when and where Lynch tried TM for the first time. How has that experience affected Lynch's life?
2. Why is rehearsal important? What is its purpose?
3. Lynch discusses dream logic. How many times has the author experienced it? What project was he working on at the time? Who was involved?
4. What was Lynch's first impression of Hollywood? What is desirable about the area?
5. Give an example of Lynch's policy on actors regarding the lead in "Blue Velvet."
6. What is the author's opinion on the amount of control a director should have over a film? What is Lynch's explanation?
7. What is Lynch's opinion on the increasing pace of society?
8. Explain Lynch's attachment to anger and the project that evolved from that anger.
9. What caused Lynch to put his artistic dreams on hold when he was a child?
10. Explain Lynch's breakthrough at the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts. How did the project start? What did it inspire?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)