|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What clever gift does Haymitch send them?
2. Who saves Peeta from the mutt monkey?
3. Finnick Odair is the male tribute from which District?
4. What two tasks does Haymitch give to Peeta and Katniss for their first training day?
5. How does Finnick bring Peeta back to life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Katniss and Peeta show the Gamemakers to receive their scores?
2. What shocking announcement does Peeta make during his interview?
3. How has the arena been arranged similarly to a clock?
4. What does Katniss learn from Beetee and Wiress on the first training day?
5. After she deal with the initial shock of the Quarter Quell, what does Katniss ask of Haymitch?
6. After watching Haymitch's victory in the last Quarter Quell, what does Katniss realize?
7. Why do you think Mags sacrifices herself during the flight from the fog?
8. How does Finnick attempt to prove himself to Katniss?
9. Why is Katniss so suspicious of Finnick's wish to form an alliance?
10. What pattern does Katniss notice about everyone's treatment of Peeta?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are the Quarter Quell Games different from other years of Hunger Games? Could Panem's political climate have affected the rules of these Games? Why or why not? Are these particular Games popular with the people? Why or why not? What could President Snow be hoping to accomplish with these Games? How does the tributes' display of unity after the interviews undermine this agenda?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the supposed myth of District 13. Initially, what does Katniss think about the district? Who does she encounter that hopes to find District 13? Why is District 13 supposed to stand as a warning for the rest of Panem? Why does Katniss become suspicious about the footage from 13? What does she learn at the end of "Catching Fire," and what predictions can you make about the third novel?
Essay Topic 3
What are Katniss's two greatest traits as a character? Choose the traits then look back at the text and find three examples to support each trait. Explain your selections in a few paragraphs. How does Katniss's character contribute to the overall plot of the story?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)