|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Johanna have in tow?
2. What is between the Gamemakers and the tributes?
3. What meal has Finnick prepared for them the next morning?
4. What excuse does Katniss give for locating the force field?
5. What storm have Johanna and the others experienced?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Katniss so suspicious of Finnick's wish to form an alliance?
2. After watching Haymitch's victory in the last Quarter Quell, what does Katniss realize?
3. Why has Johanna saved Beetee and Wiress?
4. What shocking announcement does Peeta make during his interview?
5. Why do you think Mags sacrifices herself during the flight from the fog?
6. Why does Katniss keep the truth about her knowledge of the force field a secret?
7. What do Katniss and Peeta show the Gamemakers to receive their scores?
8. Why have Katniss and Peeta been instructed not to wave and smile at the crowd?
9. What does Peeta insist the three of them do prior to the reaping?
10. What pattern does Katniss notice about everyone's treatment of Peeta?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Haymitch. What are his strengths? What are his flaws? What insights does the reader gain about Haymitch from the tapes of the last Quarter Quell? Explain the bond between Haymitch and Katniss. How do they act toward one another? What deal does Haymitch make to Katniss? How do the events at the end of the novel explain much of his behavior?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Finnick Odair? What is Katniss's initial impression of him? Why does Haymitch suggest she be on Finnick's team in the arena? How does Finnick prove himself to Katniss? Why does Katniss decide she has misjudged Finnick? Overall, how does Finnick contribute to the rebellion in Panem?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Peeta's journey throughout the novel. Does he grow or change as a character? How does his relationship with Katniss change? Discuss Peeta's state of mind in each of these settings:
1) On the train for the Victory Tour.
2) During the photo shoot.
3) During the interview with Caesar Flickerman.
4) While showing Katniss the photos in the locket.
How do each of these situations contribute to Peeta's journey?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)