|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to the Peacekeeper Darius?
2. How does Finnick bring Peeta back to life?
3. Who voluntarily walks into the fog?
4. What part of the body does the fog target?
5. Finnick Odair is the male tribute from which District?
Short Essay Questions
1. After she deal with the initial shock of the Quarter Quell, what does Katniss ask of Haymitch?
2. Why is Katniss so suspicious of Finnick's wish to form an alliance?
3. Why does Katniss keep the truth about her knowledge of the force field a secret?
4. What shocking announcement does Peeta make during his interview?
5. Why has Johanna saved Beetee and Wiress?
6. After watching Haymitch's victory in the last Quarter Quell, what does Katniss realize?
7. How does Finnick attempt to prove himself to Katniss?
8. What gift has Haymitch so carefully chosen to send his tributes?
9. How has the arena been arranged similarly to a clock?
10. What does Peeta insist the three of them do prior to the reaping?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Peeta's journey throughout the novel. Does he grow or change as a character? How does his relationship with Katniss change? Discuss Peeta's state of mind in each of these settings:
1) On the train for the Victory Tour.
2) During the photo shoot.
3) During the interview with Caesar Flickerman.
4) While showing Katniss the photos in the locket.
How do each of these situations contribute to Peeta's journey?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Finnick Odair? What is Katniss's initial impression of him? Why does Haymitch suggest she be on Finnick's team in the arena? How does Finnick prove himself to Katniss? Why does Katniss decide she has misjudged Finnick? Overall, how does Finnick contribute to the rebellion in Panem?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the country of Panem. How is its society structured? What are the functions of the districts? Why are those in the Capitol privileged when most others live in poverty? Can Panem be called an example of a dystopian society? Why or why not?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)