|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Katniss hide after the announcement of the Quarter Quell?
2. What does Katniss's interview dress turn into after she twirls?
3. What voice does Katniss hear in the jungle?
4. Out of the 75 victors of the Hunger Games throughout the years, how many are still alive?
5. How is Peeta researching the other victors?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katniss learn from Beetee and Wiress on the first training day?
2. After watching Haymitch's victory in the last Quarter Quell, what does Katniss realize?
3. What pattern does Katniss notice about everyone's treatment of Peeta?
4. What shocking announcement does Peeta make during his interview?
5. Why do you think Mags sacrifices herself during the flight from the fog?
6. Why have Katniss and Peeta been instructed not to wave and smile at the crowd?
7. What gift has Haymitch so carefully chosen to send his tributes?
8. How has the arena been arranged similarly to a clock?
9. What do Katniss and Peeta show the Gamemakers to receive their scores?
10. After she deal with the initial shock of the Quarter Quell, what does Katniss ask of Haymitch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are the Quarter Quell Games different from other years of Hunger Games? Could Panem's political climate have affected the rules of these Games? Why or why not? Are these particular Games popular with the people? Why or why not? What could President Snow be hoping to accomplish with these Games? How does the tributes' display of unity after the interviews undermine this agenda?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Peeta's journey throughout the novel. Does he grow or change as a character? How does his relationship with Katniss change? Discuss Peeta's state of mind in each of these settings:
1) On the train for the Victory Tour.
2) During the photo shoot.
3) During the interview with Caesar Flickerman.
4) While showing Katniss the photos in the locket.
How do each of these situations contribute to Peeta's journey?
Essay Topic 3
What are Katniss's two greatest traits as a character? Choose the traits then look back at the text and find three examples to support each trait. Explain your selections in a few paragraphs. How does Katniss's character contribute to the overall plot of the story?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)