|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finnick Odair is the male tribute from which District?
2. Who was the former owner of Katniss's mockingjay pin?
3. What is Finnick wearing other than his tribute jumpsuit?
4. How does Finnick bring Peeta back to life?
5. How high is the wall of fog?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Katniss keep the truth about her knowledge of the force field a secret?
2. Why does Beetee compare Wiress to a canary in a coal mine?
3. What does Katniss learn from Beetee and Wiress on the first training day?
4. What do Katniss and Peeta show the Gamemakers to receive their scores?
5. What does Peeta insist the three of them do prior to the reaping?
6. After she deal with the initial shock of the Quarter Quell, what does Katniss ask of Haymitch?
7. What gift has Haymitch so carefully chosen to send his tributes?
8. How has the arena been arranged similarly to a clock?
9. Why have Katniss and Peeta been instructed not to wave and smile at the crowd?
10. What pattern does Katniss notice about everyone's treatment of Peeta?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Peeta's journey throughout the novel. Does he grow or change as a character? How does his relationship with Katniss change? Discuss Peeta's state of mind in each of these settings:
1) On the train for the Victory Tour.
2) During the photo shoot.
3) During the interview with Caesar Flickerman.
4) While showing Katniss the photos in the locket.
How do each of these situations contribute to Peeta's journey?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Katniss and Peeta's performances for the Gamemakers during their training. Why do they each decide to defy the Games? Why are the Gamemakers separated from the tributes by a force field? How does this come into play later in the novel? Why is Haymitch dismayed when they tell him what they have done? How does this incident unite Peeta and Katniss, though they are still wary of the approaching Games?
Essay Topic 3
How does Haymitch communicate with his tributes while they are in the arena? What strategies does he use to help them survive? During the Quarter Quell Games, how did Haymitch communicate instructions using the bread? Why weren't Katniss and Peeta included in the plans for the rebellion? Do you think events would have turned out differently had they been included in the conversation? Why or why not?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)