|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katniss use to stop the bleeding from Beetee's wound?
2. What storm have Johanna and the others experienced?
3. What excuse does Katniss give for locating the force field?
4. What does Haymitch send for the three of them?
5. What survival items are waiting in the Cornucopia for the tributes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Finnick attempt to prove himself to Katniss?
2. How has the arena been arranged similarly to a clock?
3. After she deal with the initial shock of the Quarter Quell, what does Katniss ask of Haymitch?
4. What does Katniss learn from Beetee and Wiress on the first training day?
5. How does Katniss's opinion about Finnick change after the fog?
6. Why do you think Mags sacrifices herself during the flight from the fog?
7. After watching Haymitch's victory in the last Quarter Quell, what does Katniss realize?
8. Why is Katniss so suspicious of Finnick's wish to form an alliance?
9. What shocking announcement does Peeta make during his interview?
10. The first day of training, why is Katniss distracted and upset?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss symbolism in "Catching Fire." Which symbols are most frequently used? How do they contribute to the story? What is the meaning of:
4) The Hunger Games
Be sure to explain each answer completely in at least two to three paragraphs.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Peeta and Katniss's speeches in District 11. How do they deviate from what they had planned to say? Why do they impulsively change their speeches? What is the reaction to them from the crowd? Have the crowd's actions been previously planned? Why or why not? How is this incident representative of the state in Panem as a whole?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the supposed myth of District 13. Initially, what does Katniss think about the district? Who does she encounter that hopes to find District 13? Why is District 13 supposed to stand as a warning for the rest of Panem? Why does Katniss become suspicious about the footage from 13? What does she learn at the end of "Catching Fire," and what predictions can you make about the third novel?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)