Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Wiress?
2. What sounds wake Katniss from her sleep?
3. What part of the body does the fog target?
4. What does Katniss ask Haymitch for at his house?
5. What shocking announcement does Peeta make during the interview?
Essay Topic 1
Katniss must play games throughout the entire novel to survive---not only the physical Hunger Games, but strategic political and mental games as well. What games must she play with:
2) President Snow
Be sure to explain each answer completely and in at least two paragraphs.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Katniss's emotional journey throughout the novel. What are her most significant moments? Does she figure out her feelings for Peeta, or Gale, or both? How does Katniss's instinct for survival conflict with her capacity for love? Examine her emotional revelations:
1) While on the Victory Tour.
2) Upon return to District 12.
3) After learning she will return to the arena.
4) After the events of the Quarter Quell Games.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of setting and description in "Catching Fire." What role does the setting play in the plot of the novel? Why are time and place so important? How does the author make use of the science fiction/fantasy genre to tell her story? Do you think the same story could have been told using a different platform? Why or why not?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)