|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Katniss and Peeta's favorite colors?
2. What has Katniss's mockingjay pin become in the Capitol?
3. What event does Katniss regret informing Gale about?
4. During the interview, what does Peeta do?
5. What must Katniss eventually do to keep those she loves safe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is there tension between Katniss and Peeta?
2. What is the first normal activity Peeta and Katniss do together?
3. What does Katniss realize as she sits with the unconscious Gale?
4. When they reach the Capitol, how does Peeta try to convince Panem that he and Katniss are in love?
5. What is Peeta's talent?
6. What is the twist for the 75th Quarter Quell Hunger Games?
7. Why must Katniss get back inside the fence, though it has been electrified?
8. What is the main reason Katniss does not want to have children?
9. How does Katniss's mother transform in a sickroom?
10. What suspicions do Bonnie and Twill have about District 13?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Peeta and Gale. Which aspects of Katniss's life do they symbolize? Though they are each from District 12, how are they different? Which of them, if either, do you think Katniss truly loves? How does her relationship with both of them change throughout the events in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Peeta and Katniss's speeches in District 11. How do they deviate from what they had planned to say? Why do they impulsively change their speeches? What is the reaction to them from the crowd? Have the crowd's actions been previously planned? Why or why not? How is this incident representative of the state in Panem as a whole?
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Cinna. Though he was apparently randomly assigned to be Katniss's stylist in the first Hunger Games book, do you think Cinna is Katniss's designer by accident? Why or why not? Where do you think Cinna's sympathies lie? Look back at each of the costumes he creates for Katniss. In a few paragraphs, explain the symbolism of the costumes and what you think Cinna had hoped to accomplish.
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)