|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is District 12 at a disadvantage for a rebellion?
2. What beauty treatment must Katniss undergo before arriving in District 11?
3. How does Peeta help with the family book?
4. What is the focus of District 11?
5. Before it was allegedly destroyed, what was District 13's main industry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Peeta's talent?
2. How have Katniss's final six wedding dresses been chosen?
3. What is the first normal activity Peeta and Katniss do together?
4. What does Plutarch Heavensbee show Katniss while they are dancing together?
5. What is the twist for the 75th Quarter Quell Hunger Games?
6. Instead of planning escape into the woods, what does Katniss begin to plan as the blizzard keeps them all inside?
7. How does Katniss's mother transform in a sickroom?
8. What is Katniss's "talent"?
9. Why must Katniss and Peeta eventually marry?
10. Why must Katniss get back inside the fence, though it has been electrified?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the supposed myth of District 13. Initially, what does Katniss think about the district? Who does she encounter that hopes to find District 13? Why is District 13 supposed to stand as a warning for the rest of Panem? Why does Katniss become suspicious about the footage from 13? What does she learn at the end of "Catching Fire," and what predictions can you make about the third novel?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Katniss and Peeta's performances for the Gamemakers during their training. Why do they each decide to defy the Games? Why are the Gamemakers separated from the tributes by a force field? How does this come into play later in the novel? Why is Haymitch dismayed when they tell him what they have done? How does this incident unite Peeta and Katniss, though they are still wary of the approaching Games?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Finnick Odair? What is Katniss's initial impression of him? Why does Haymitch suggest she be on Finnick's team in the arena? How does Finnick prove himself to Katniss? Why does Katniss decide she has misjudged Finnick? Overall, how does Finnick contribute to the rebellion in Panem?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)