|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what happens to Gale?
2. What does Katniss decide to do after saving Gale?
3. With whom does Peeta want to discuss Katniss's plan?
4. After learning she and Peeta's show has not been enough for President Snow, what does Katniss decide to do?
5. How long did it take for the Peacekeepers to subdue the uprising in District 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did both Katniss and Peeta survive the 74th Hunger Games?
2. How have Katniss's final six wedding dresses been chosen?
3. Why must Katniss and Peeta eventually marry?
4. When they reach the Capitol, how does Peeta try to convince Panem that he and Katniss are in love?
5. What is Peeta's talent?
6. What is the twist for the 75th Quarter Quell Hunger Games?
7. What does Plutarch Heavensbee show Katniss while they are dancing together?
8. What happens after Katniss and Peeta speak in District 11?
9. What is the first normal activity Peeta and Katniss do together?
10. How does Katniss's mother transform in a sickroom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Katniss's two greatest traits as a character? Choose the traits then look back at the text and find three examples to support each trait. Explain your selections in a few paragraphs. How does Katniss's character contribute to the overall plot of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Cinna. Though he was apparently randomly assigned to be Katniss's stylist in the first Hunger Games book, do you think Cinna is Katniss's designer by accident? Why or why not? Where do you think Cinna's sympathies lie? Look back at each of the costumes he creates for Katniss. In a few paragraphs, explain the symbolism of the costumes and what you think Cinna had hoped to accomplish.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the supposed myth of District 13. Initially, what does Katniss think about the district? Who does she encounter that hopes to find District 13? Why is District 13 supposed to stand as a warning for the rest of Panem? Why does Katniss become suspicious about the footage from 13? What does she learn at the end of "Catching Fire," and what predictions can you make about the third novel?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)