|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two people that Gale does not want to run away with them?
2. What does the crowd do after Katniss's speech?
3. What items were made in Bonnie's factory?
4. How does Katniss figure out which other Districts may be rebelling?
5. What was Katniss's favorite part about the victory celebrations?
Short Essay Questions
1. When they reach the Capitol, how does Peeta try to convince Panem that he and Katniss are in love?
2. How have Katniss's final six wedding dresses been chosen?
3. What is Peeta's talent?
4. Why does Gale decide he will not run away into the woods with Katniss?
5. What happens in District 12 after the blizzard?
6. Why must Katniss and Peeta eventually marry?
7. What is the Victor's Village?
8. Why is there tension between Katniss and Peeta?
9. Why must Katniss get back inside the fence, though it has been electrified?
10. Instead of planning escape into the woods, what does Katniss begin to plan as the blizzard keeps them all inside?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Katniss must play games throughout the entire novel to survive---not only the physical Hunger Games, but strategic political and mental games as well. What games must she play with:
2) President Snow
Be sure to explain each answer completely and in at least two paragraphs.
Essay Topic 2
How does Haymitch communicate with his tributes while they are in the arena? What strategies does he use to help them survive? During the Quarter Quell Games, how did Haymitch communicate instructions using the bread? Why weren't Katniss and Peeta included in the plans for the rebellion? Do you think events would have turned out differently had they been included in the conversation? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How are the Quarter Quell Games different from other years of Hunger Games? Could Panem's political climate have affected the rules of these Games? Why or why not? Are these particular Games popular with the people? Why or why not? What could President Snow be hoping to accomplish with these Games? How does the tributes' display of unity after the interviews undermine this agenda?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)