|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event does Katniss regret informing Gale about?
2. What is the focus of District 11?
3. What items were made in Bonnie's factory?
4. Where do Katniss, Peeta, and Haymitch live?
5. When the storm abates, what staple of District 12 has been burned down?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Katniss's "talent"?
2. What is Peeta's talent?
3. How have Katniss's final six wedding dresses been chosen?
4. What is the main reason Katniss does not want to have children?
5. What does Katniss do when she finds Gale being whipped by the Head Peacekeeper?
6. Instead of planning escape into the woods, what does Katniss begin to plan as the blizzard keeps them all inside?
7. What is the first normal activity Peeta and Katniss do together?
8. What happens in District 12 after the blizzard?
9. Why did both Katniss and Peeta survive the 74th Hunger Games?
10. What suspicions do Bonnie and Twill have about District 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the country of Panem. How is its society structured? What are the functions of the districts? Why are those in the Capitol privileged when most others live in poverty? Can Panem be called an example of a dystopian society? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Cinna. Though he was apparently randomly assigned to be Katniss's stylist in the first Hunger Games book, do you think Cinna is Katniss's designer by accident? Why or why not? Where do you think Cinna's sympathies lie? Look back at each of the costumes he creates for Katniss. In a few paragraphs, explain the symbolism of the costumes and what you think Cinna had hoped to accomplish.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Peeta and Katniss's speeches in District 11. How do they deviate from what they had planned to say? Why do they impulsively change their speeches? What is the reaction to them from the crowd? Have the crowd's actions been previously planned? Why or why not? How is this incident representative of the state in Panem as a whole?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)