|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katniss wishes she had done, thinking it would have prevented all the unrest?
2. What scenes has Peeta been painting?
3. What does Katniss discover when she returns to District 12 from the woods?
4. What gift does Gale refuse to accept?
5. Why was Gale punished?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the main reason Katniss does not want to have children?
2. What happens after Katniss and Peeta speak in District 11?
3. What is the Victor's Village?
4. What is the first normal activity Peeta and Katniss do together?
5. When they reach the Capitol, how does Peeta try to convince Panem that he and Katniss are in love?
6. Why does Gale decide he will not run away into the woods with Katniss?
7. How have Katniss's final six wedding dresses been chosen?
8. What does Katniss accidentally learn while at the mayor's house in District 12?
9. Instead of planning escape into the woods, what does Katniss begin to plan as the blizzard keeps them all inside?
10. What is the twist for the 75th Quarter Quell Hunger Games?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Katniss and Peeta's performances for the Gamemakers during their training. Why do they each decide to defy the Games? Why are the Gamemakers separated from the tributes by a force field? How does this come into play later in the novel? Why is Haymitch dismayed when they tell him what they have done? How does this incident unite Peeta and Katniss, though they are still wary of the approaching Games?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Peeta's journey throughout the novel. Does he grow or change as a character? How does his relationship with Katniss change? Discuss Peeta's state of mind in each of these settings:
1) On the train for the Victory Tour.
2) During the photo shoot.
3) During the interview with Caesar Flickerman.
4) While showing Katniss the photos in the locket.
How do each of these situations contribute to Peeta's journey?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the country of Panem. How is its society structured? What are the functions of the districts? Why are those in the Capitol privileged when most others live in poverty? Can Panem be called an example of a dystopian society? Why or why not?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)