|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Katniss's favorite part about the victory celebrations?
2. Of whom does the mockingjay remind Katniss?
3. Where does Katniss choose to tell her plan to Peeta?
4. When the storm abates, what staple of District 12 has been burned down?
5. Who is Katniss shocked to find in her home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why must Katniss get back inside the fence, though it has been electrified?
2. What is the twist for the 75th Quarter Quell Hunger Games?
3. How have Katniss's final six wedding dresses been chosen?
4. What is the first normal activity Peeta and Katniss do together?
5. What does Katniss do when she finds Gale being whipped by the Head Peacekeeper?
6. When they reach the Capitol, how does Peeta try to convince Panem that he and Katniss are in love?
7. Instead of planning escape into the woods, what does Katniss begin to plan as the blizzard keeps them all inside?
8. What is Peeta's talent?
9. What does Plutarch Heavensbee show Katniss while they are dancing together?
10. Why did both Katniss and Peeta survive the 74th Hunger Games?
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Haymitch. What are his strengths? What are his flaws? What insights does the reader gain about Haymitch from the tapes of the last Quarter Quell? Explain the bond between Haymitch and Katniss. How do they act toward one another? What deal does Haymitch make to Katniss? How do the events at the end of the novel explain much of his behavior?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Peeta and Katniss's speeches in District 11. How do they deviate from what they had planned to say? Why do they impulsively change their speeches? What is the reaction to them from the crowd? Have the crowd's actions been previously planned? Why or why not? How is this incident representative of the state in Panem as a whole?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of foreshadowing in "Catching Fire." How does the author use this device in the plot? Choose three instances of foreshadowing and explain their significance. How do these moments come back into play later in the novel? Why is foreshadowing in this novel so important?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)