|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the women in the cabin?
2. How long did it take for the Peacekeepers to subdue the uprising in District 8?
3. What must Katniss eventually do to keep those she loves safe?
4. Who are the two people that Gale does not want to run away with them?
5. Who interviews Katniss and Peeta in the Training Center?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Katniss's mother transform in a sickroom?
2. What is the Victor's Village?
3. What is the first normal activity Peeta and Katniss do together?
4. What happens after Katniss and Peeta speak in District 11?
5. Why did both Katniss and Peeta survive the 74th Hunger Games?
6. What does Katniss accidentally learn while at the mayor's house in District 12?
7. What drove Bonnie and Twill out of District 8?
8. Why is there tension between Katniss and Peeta?
9. What is Katniss's "talent"?
10. Why has the President come to Katniss's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Katniss's emotional journey throughout the novel. What are her most significant moments? Does she figure out her feelings for Peeta, or Gale, or both? How does Katniss's instinct for survival conflict with her capacity for love? Examine her emotional revelations:
1) While on the Victory Tour.
2) Upon return to District 12.
3) After learning she will return to the arena.
4) After the events of the Quarter Quell Games.
Essay Topic 2
What are Katniss's two greatest traits as a character? Choose the traits then look back at the text and find three examples to support each trait. Explain your selections in a few paragraphs. How does Katniss's character contribute to the overall plot of the story?
Essay Topic 3
How are the Quarter Quell Games different from other years of Hunger Games? Could Panem's political climate have affected the rules of these Games? Why or why not? Are these particular Games popular with the people? Why or why not? What could President Snow be hoping to accomplish with these Games? How does the tributes' display of unity after the interviews undermine this agenda?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)