|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To keep up public appearances, what does the rest of Panem think the relationship is between Katniss and Gale?
2. Who is Plutarch Heavensbee?
3. What reason does Katniss use for the Peacekeepers for being gone so long?
4. How does Katniss figure out which other Districts may be rebelling?
5. During the interview, what does Peeta do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have Katniss's final six wedding dresses been chosen?
2. What does Katniss realize as she sits with the unconscious Gale?
3. What is Katniss's "talent"?
4. What happens after Katniss and Peeta speak in District 11?
5. When they reach the Capitol, how does Peeta try to convince Panem that he and Katniss are in love?
6. What is the first normal activity Peeta and Katniss do together?
7. What is the main reason Katniss does not want to have children?
8. What happens in District 12 after the blizzard?
9. Why must Katniss get back inside the fence, though it has been electrified?
10. What does Katniss do when she finds Gale being whipped by the Head Peacekeeper?
Essay Topic 1
How are the Quarter Quell Games different from other years of Hunger Games? Could Panem's political climate have affected the rules of these Games? Why or why not? Are these particular Games popular with the people? Why or why not? What could President Snow be hoping to accomplish with these Games? How does the tributes' display of unity after the interviews undermine this agenda?
Essay Topic 2
What are Katniss's two greatest traits as a character? Choose the traits then look back at the text and find three examples to support each trait. Explain your selections in a few paragraphs. How does Katniss's character contribute to the overall plot of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Peeta's journey throughout the novel. Does he grow or change as a character? How does his relationship with Katniss change? Discuss Peeta's state of mind in each of these settings:
1) On the train for the Victory Tour.
2) During the photo shoot.
3) During the interview with Caesar Flickerman.
4) While showing Katniss the photos in the locket.
How do each of these situations contribute to Peeta's journey?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)