|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Katniss give for locating the force field?
(a) She was told about the chink by Wiress and Beetee.
(b) She has extremely good hearing in her reconstructed ear.
(c) She invented the force field.
(d) She can sense when the force field is near.
2. Who was the former owner of Katniss's mockingjay pin?
(a) Katniss's father.
(c) President Snow.
(d) Maysilee Donner, a former friend of her mother.
3. What is between the Gamemakers and the tributes?
(a) A curtain.
(b) A glass wall.
(c) A force field.
(d) A chain link fence.
4. How many land arms are spread out from the Cornucopia?
5. What sounds wake Katniss from her sleep?
(a) Monkey screeches.
(b) A loud bonging sound.
(c) A loud popular song.
(d) A terrible siren.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Peeta already asked Haymitch by the time Katniss arrives?
2. How does Katniss finally interact with Darius?
3. What words does Wiress keep repeating?
4. What is the design of the arena?
5. Out of the 75 victors of the Hunger Games throughout the years, how many are still alive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Johanna saved Beetee and Wiress?
2. Why do you think Mags sacrifices herself during the flight from the fog?
3. After watching Haymitch's victory in the last Quarter Quell, what does Katniss realize?
4. What gift has Haymitch so carefully chosen to send his tributes?
5. After she deal with the initial shock of the Quarter Quell, what does Katniss ask of Haymitch?
6. How does Finnick attempt to prove himself to Katniss?
7. How has the arena been arranged similarly to a clock?
8. Why is Katniss so suspicious of Finnick's wish to form an alliance?
9. What pattern does Katniss notice about everyone's treatment of Peeta?
10. What does Katniss learn from Beetee and Wiress on the first training day?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)