|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Haymitch think Katniss will want him to do?
(a) Haymitch thinks she will want him to take Peeta's place in the arena.
(b) Haymitch thinks she will want him to run away into the woods with them.
(c) Haymitch thinks she will want him to start a rebellion.
(d) Haymitch thinks she will want him to petition President Snow.
2. What does Katniss learn about Mags from Johanna?
(a) Mags was a famous singer.
(b) Mags was Finnick's mother.
(c) Mags was Finnick's mentor.
(d) Mags was the first female winner.
3. What weapons does Johanna find in the Cornucopia?
4. What is between the Gamemakers and the tributes?
(a) A chain link fence.
(b) A force field.
(c) A glass wall.
(d) A curtain.
5. What has Peeta already asked Haymitch by the time Katniss arrives?
(a) He has asked for the Games to be delayed for their wedding.
(b) He has asked for the chance to go in and protect Katniss.
(c) He has asked for Haymitch to take his place in the arena.
(d) He has asked for Gale to go in his place.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Peeta swim to shore?
2. What does Haymitch send for the three of them?
3. Who was the former owner of Katniss's mockingjay pin?
4. What is the antidote to the poisons of the fog?
5. Who kills Wiress?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the arena been arranged similarly to a clock?
2. What does Peeta insist the three of them do prior to the reaping?
3. What shocking announcement does Peeta make during his interview?
4. Why is Katniss so suspicious of Finnick's wish to form an alliance?
5. After she deal with the initial shock of the Quarter Quell, what does Katniss ask of Haymitch?
6. Why does Katniss keep the truth about her knowledge of the force field a secret?
7. How does Finnick attempt to prove himself to Katniss?
8. Why does Beetee compare Wiress to a canary in a coal mine?
9. The first day of training, why is Katniss distracted and upset?
10. Why have Katniss and Peeta been instructed not to wave and smile at the crowd?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)