|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the body does the fog target?
(a) The digestive system.
(b) The circulatory system.
(c) The nervous system.
(d) The respiratory system.
2. Which year did Haymitch win the Games?
(a) Year 25, the first Quarter Quell.
(b) Year 45.
(c) Year 73, the year before Katniss and Peeta.
(d) Year 50, the previous Quarter Quell.
3. Who does Finnick kill to save Katniss at the Cornucopia?
(b) The man from District 5.
(c) The woman from District 6.
4. What scores do Peeta and Katniss receive from the Gamemakers?
5. What clever gift does Haymitch send them?
(a) A map of the arena.
(b) A spile.
(c) A jug of water.
(d) A book of jokes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peeta want the three of them to do in preparation for the Games?
2. What survival items are waiting in the Cornucopia for the tributes?
3. What does Katniss discover about the fog?
4. What does President Snow request Katniss wear for her interview?
5. After the fog retreats, what animals do Peeta notice?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Mags sacrifices herself during the flight from the fog?
2. What does Katniss learn from Beetee and Wiress on the first training day?
3. What gift has Haymitch so carefully chosen to send his tributes?
4. What pattern does Katniss notice about everyone's treatment of Peeta?
5. Why does Katniss keep the truth about her knowledge of the force field a secret?
6. What do Katniss and Peeta show the Gamemakers to receive their scores?
7. What does Peeta insist the three of them do prior to the reaping?
8. How does Katniss's opinion about Finnick change after the fog?
9. Why is Katniss so suspicious of Finnick's wish to form an alliance?
10. Why does Beetee compare Wiress to a canary in a coal mine?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)