|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How high is the wall of fog?
(a) 100 feet.
(b) 10 feet.
(c) 40 feet.
(d) 20 feet.
2. What is the design of the arena?
(a) it is designed like a seashell.
(b) It is designed like an instrument.
(c) It is designed like an engine.
(d) It is designed like a clock.
3. Who helps Peeta swim to shore?
4. What sounds wake Katniss from her sleep?
(a) A loud bonging sound.
(b) Monkey screeches.
(c) A terrible siren.
(d) A loud popular song.
5. What is between the Gamemakers and the tributes?
(a) A glass wall.
(b) A chain link fence.
(c) A force field.
(d) A curtain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who voluntarily walks into the fog?
2. What has happened to the Peacekeeper Darius?
3. What do Haymitch and Katniss agree to do in the Quarter Quell Games?
4. Who saves Peeta from the mutt monkey?
5. What part of the body does the fog target?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Johanna saved Beetee and Wiress?
2. What pattern does Katniss notice about everyone's treatment of Peeta?
3. The first day of training, why is Katniss distracted and upset?
4. What does Katniss learn from Beetee and Wiress on the first training day?
5. Why do you think Mags sacrifices herself during the flight from the fog?
6. What shocking announcement does Peeta make during his interview?
7. How has the arena been arranged similarly to a clock?
8. How does Finnick attempt to prove himself to Katniss?
9. Why does Katniss keep the truth about her knowledge of the force field a secret?
10. Why have Katniss and Peeta been instructed not to wave and smile at the crowd?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)