|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Peeta already asked Haymitch by the time Katniss arrives?
(a) He has asked for Haymitch to take his place in the arena.
(b) He has asked for the chance to go in and protect Katniss.
(c) He has asked for the Games to be delayed for their wedding.
(d) He has asked for Gale to go in his place.
2. Who are the tributes from District 3?
(a) Mags and Finnick.
(b) Chaff and Seeder.
(c) Wiress and Beetee.
(d) Cecilia and Johanna.
3. Who saves Peeta from the mutt monkey?
(d) The District 6 morphling.
4. What does President Snow request Katniss wear for her interview?
(a) The tribute outfit from the year before.
(b) A mockingjay dress.
(c) Her wedding dress.
(d) A dress of her own design.
5. Who sends Finnick bread?
(a) District 4.
(d) District 9.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Katniss give for locating the force field?
2. What does Peeta do for the Gamemakers to show off his talents?
3. What does Katniss's interview dress turn into after she twirls?
4. What voice does Katniss hear in the jungle?
5. Who kills Wiress?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the arena been arranged similarly to a clock?
2. How does Katniss's opinion about Finnick change after the fog?
3. After watching Haymitch's victory in the last Quarter Quell, what does Katniss realize?
4. What gift has Haymitch so carefully chosen to send his tributes?
5. The first day of training, why is Katniss distracted and upset?
6. What pattern does Katniss notice about everyone's treatment of Peeta?
7. Why does Beetee compare Wiress to a canary in a coal mine?
8. What do Katniss and Peeta show the Gamemakers to receive their scores?
9. Why do you think Mags sacrifices herself during the flight from the fog?
10. Why have Katniss and Peeta been instructed not to wave and smile at the crowd?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)