|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Peeta researching the other victors?
(a) He is interviewing them one by one.
(b) He is studying their talents.
(c) He is reading their biographies.
(d) He is watching old tapes of their Games.
2. What do Haymitch and Katniss agree to do in the Quarter Quell Games?
(a) They agree to kill President Snow.
(b) They agree to start a rebellion.
(c) They agree to send Gale.
(d) They agree to protect Peeta.
3. Who saves Peeta from the mutt monkey?
(b) The District 6 morphling.
4. What meal has Finnick prepared for them the next morning?
(b) Beef stew.
(c) Garden salad.
5. What has Peeta already asked Haymitch by the time Katniss arrives?
(a) He has asked for the Games to be delayed for their wedding.
(b) He has asked for Haymitch to take his place in the arena.
(c) He has asked for the chance to go in and protect Katniss.
(d) He has asked for Gale to go in his place.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the jungle, what danger does Peeta walk into?
2. What station in the training center does Katniss start with?
3. What shocking announcement does Peeta make during the interview?
4. What two tasks does Haymitch give to Peeta and Katniss for their first training day?
5. After leaving the beach, where do Katniss and the others go?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why have Katniss and Peeta been instructed not to wave and smile at the crowd?
2. Why is Katniss so suspicious of Finnick's wish to form an alliance?
3. Why do you think Mags sacrifices herself during the flight from the fog?
4. Why does Katniss keep the truth about her knowledge of the force field a secret?
5. How has the arena been arranged similarly to a clock?
6. After watching Haymitch's victory in the last Quarter Quell, what does Katniss realize?
7. What shocking announcement does Peeta make during his interview?
8. How does Katniss's opinion about Finnick change after the fog?
9. The first day of training, why is Katniss distracted and upset?
10. How does Finnick attempt to prove himself to Katniss?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)