|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Katniss hide after the announcement of the Quarter Quell?
(a) She runs to the cottage in the woods.
(b) She goes to Peeta's house.
(c) She goes to their old house in the Seam.
(d) She goes to an empty basement in the Victor's Village.
2. What is between the Gamemakers and the tributes?
(a) A curtain.
(b) A chain link fence.
(c) A glass wall.
(d) A force field.
3. What does President Snow request Katniss wear for her interview?
(a) Her wedding dress.
(b) A mockingjay dress.
(c) A dress of her own design.
(d) The tribute outfit from the year before.
4. Out of the 75 victors of the Hunger Games throughout the years, how many are still alive?
5. What clever gift does Haymitch send them?
(a) A book of jokes.
(b) A spile.
(c) A map of the arena.
(d) A jug of water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the body does the fog target?
2. What station in the training center does Katniss start with?
3. What scores do Peeta and Katniss receive from the Gamemakers?
4. What two tasks does Haymitch give to Peeta and Katniss for their first training day?
5. How is Peeta researching the other victors?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gift has Haymitch so carefully chosen to send his tributes?
2. What shocking announcement does Peeta make during his interview?
3. Why does Beetee compare Wiress to a canary in a coal mine?
4. Why has Johanna saved Beetee and Wiress?
5. Why have Katniss and Peeta been instructed not to wave and smile at the crowd?
6. Why does Katniss keep the truth about her knowledge of the force field a secret?
7. How does Katniss's opinion about Finnick change after the fog?
8. Why is Katniss so suspicious of Finnick's wish to form an alliance?
9. Why do you think Mags sacrifices herself during the flight from the fog?
10. What pattern does Katniss notice about everyone's treatment of Peeta?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)