|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Katniss's excuse for defying the Capitol during the last Hunger Games?
(a) She claims to have been blinded by love for Peeta.
(b) She claims to be the head of the Rebellion.
(c) She claims the President told her to defy the Capitol.
(d) She claims she did not know the rules.
2. Why is Peeta going into town?
(a) He is trying to clear his head with a walk.
(b) He is having dinner with his family.
(c) He is going to the bakery to frost cakes.
(d) He is going to the mines.
3. Who is Plutarch Heavensbee?
(a) The Hunger Games winner from a few years ago.
(b) The Head Peacekeeper.
(c) The Head Gamemaker.
(d) The President's assistant.
4. What does Katniss accidentally see on the television?
(a) President Snow's announcement of war.
(b) News of an uprising in District 8.
(c) An interview with Peeta.
(d) A broadcast from District 13.
5. What is the focus of District 11?
(a) Coal mining.
(c) Luxury goods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gale confess in the cabin?
2. Where was Katniss's favorite place to go on Sundays in the summer?
3. When they arrived back from the Games, what did Katniss's mother say about Peeta?
4. Who are the two people that Gale does not want to run away with them?
5. At the President's party, what is Katniss's main interest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has the President come to Katniss's house?
2. How have Katniss's final six wedding dresses been chosen?
3. Why must Katniss get back inside the fence, though it has been electrified?
4. Why does Gale decide he will not run away into the woods with Katniss?
5. What is the Victor's Village?
6. What is Peeta's talent?
7. What is the main reason Katniss does not want to have children?
8. What happens after Katniss and Peeta speak in District 11?
9. Why must Katniss and Peeta eventually marry?
10. What does Katniss do when she finds Gale being whipped by the Head Peacekeeper?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)