|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Katniss, Peeta, and Haymitch live?
(a) The Capitol.
(b) The Victor's Village.
(d) The Seam.
2. What gift does Gale refuse to accept?
(a) Peeta's painting.
(b) Katniss's jacket.
(c) Cinna's gloves.
(d) White liquor.
3. What does Katniss accidentally see on the television?
(a) President Snow's announcement of war.
(b) An interview with Peeta.
(c) A broadcast from District 13.
(d) News of an uprising in District 8.
4. Where was Katniss's favorite place to go on Sundays in the summer?
(a) She liked going to Peeta's bakery.
(b) She liked going to the library with Prim.
(c) She liked going to the lake with her father.
(d) She liked going to the Hob with Gale.
5. What does Katniss wishes she had done, thinking it would have prevented all the unrest?
(a) She wishes she had killed Peeta when she had the chance.
(b) She wishes she had killed herself with the berries in the arena.
(c) She wishes she had begun the rebellion herself.
(d) She wishes she had married Gale before she left for the Hunger Games.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katniss decide to do after saving Gale?
2. Why must Katniss wake Haymitch?
3. As victors of the Hunger Games, what are Katniss and Peeta obligated to do?
4. What does Katniss tell Haymitch she wants to do?
5. With whom does Peeta want to discuss Katniss's plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Katniss's mother transform in a sickroom?
2. What is the main reason Katniss does not want to have children?
3. What is the Victor's Village?
4. Instead of planning escape into the woods, what does Katniss begin to plan as the blizzard keeps them all inside?
5. What is the twist for the 75th Quarter Quell Hunger Games?
6. What suspicions do Bonnie and Twill have about District 13?
7. When they reach the Capitol, how does Peeta try to convince Panem that he and Katniss are in love?
8. What is Peeta's talent?
9. Why did both Katniss and Peeta survive the 74th Hunger Games?
10. Why must Katniss get back inside the fence, though it has been electrified?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)