|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take for the Peacekeepers to subdue the uprising in District 8?
(a) Less than 48 hours.
(b) Less than one week.
(c) More than 72 hours.
(d) More than six days.
2. In Chapter 8, what happens to Gale?
(a) He runs away from District 12 and is caught.
(b) He has an accident in the mine.
(c) He is whipped by the new Head Peacekeeper.
(d) He leads a group of rebels to the Capitol.
3. What gift does Gale refuse to accept?
(a) Peeta's painting.
(b) White liquor.
(c) Katniss's jacket.
(d) Cinna's gloves.
4. What event does Katniss regret informing Gale about?
(a) The engagement to Peeta.
(b) The celebration thrown by the president.
(c) The uprising in District 8.
(d) The makeover by her prep team.
5. Where was Katniss's favorite place to go on Sundays in the summer?
(a) She liked going to Peeta's bakery.
(b) She liked going to the library with Prim.
(c) She liked going to the Hob with Gale.
(d) She liked going to the lake with her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katniss decide to do after saving Gale?
2. What does the Peacekeeper at the lake show Katniss?
3. What must Katniss eventually do to keep those she loves safe?
4. Why are Prim and Katniss's mother so pleased with the photo shoot?
5. What is Katniss's excuse for defying the Capitol during the last Hunger Games?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why must Katniss and Peeta eventually marry?
2. Why does Gale decide he will not run away into the woods with Katniss?
3. When they reach the Capitol, how does Peeta try to convince Panem that he and Katniss are in love?
4. What happens in District 12 after the blizzard?
5. What does Katniss accidentally learn while at the mayor's house in District 12?
6. What is the twist for the 75th Quarter Quell Hunger Games?
7. Why did both Katniss and Peeta survive the 74th Hunger Games?
8. How does Katniss's mother transform in a sickroom?
9. Why is there tension between Katniss and Peeta?
10. What is the first normal activity Peeta and Katniss do together?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)