|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What station in the training center does Katniss start with?
(a) The spear-throwing station.
(b) The camoflauge station.
(c) The bow and arrow station.
(d) The knot-tying station.
2. What does Katniss's interview dress turn into after she twirls?
(a) A flame.
(b) A mockingjay.
(c) A portrait of her family.
(d) A flag of Panem.
3. How is Peeta researching the other victors?
(a) He is reading their biographies.
(b) He is watching old tapes of their Games.
(c) He is interviewing them one by one.
(d) He is studying their talents.
4. Which year did Haymitch win the Games?
(a) Year 73, the year before Katniss and Peeta.
(b) Year 50, the previous Quarter Quell.
(c) Year 25, the first Quarter Quell.
(d) Year 45.
5. In the Training Center, who does Katniss discover has become an Avox?
(a) Rue's sister.
(b) Darius, a Peacekeeper from District 12.
(c) Greasy Sae.
6. What excuse does Katniss give for locating the force field?
(a) She has extremely good hearing in her reconstructed ear.
(b) She invented the force field.
(c) She can sense when the force field is near.
(d) She was told about the chink by Wiress and Beetee.
7. Who kills Wiress?
8. Where does Katniss hide after the announcement of the Quarter Quell?
(a) She runs to the cottage in the woods.
(b) She goes to their old house in the Seam.
(c) She goes to Peeta's house.
(d) She goes to an empty basement in the Victor's Village.
9. What does Haymitch think Katniss will want him to do?
(a) Haymitch thinks she will want him to run away into the woods with them.
(b) Haymitch thinks she will want him to petition President Snow.
(c) Haymitch thinks she will want him to start a rebellion.
(d) Haymitch thinks she will want him to take Peeta's place in the arena.
10. What does President Snow request Katniss wear for her interview?
(a) A dress of her own design.
(b) The tribute outfit from the year before.
(c) A mockingjay dress.
(d) Her wedding dress.
11. Who does Johanna have in tow?
(a) Chaff and Seeder.
(b) Wiress and Beetee.
(c) Glimmer and Gloss.
(d) Mags and Peeta.
12. How does Katniss finally interact with Darius?
(a) She signs with him when no one is looking.
(b) She secretly slips him a message.
(c) She invites him to meet her on the roof.
(d) She purposely knocks some peas off the table.
13. How does Finnick bring Peeta back to life?
(a) He prays for him.
(b) Special medicine from his bag.
(c) He slaps his face.
14. What does Haymitch send for the three of them?
(a) Masks to breathe underwater.
(b) Ointment for their skin.
(c) Food for breakfast.
(d) Weapons to stave off the monkeys.
15. How high is the wall of fog?
(a) 10 feet.
(b) 40 feet.
(c) 100 feet.
(d) 20 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What scores do Peeta and Katniss receive from the Gamemakers?
2. What is the antidote to the poisons of the fog?
3. Who helps Peeta swim to shore?
4. Who sends Finnick bread?
5. What is the design of the arena?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)