|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Catching Fire" takes place at what point in Suzanne Collins's Hunger Games series?
(a) Book two out of three.
(b) Book four out of four.
(c) Book one out of three.
(d) Book three out of four.
2. How does Peeta help with the family book?
(a) He proofreads for spelling mistakes.
(b) He binds the book together.
(c) He draws pictures of the plants.
(d) He draws family portraits.
3. What gift does Gale refuse to accept?
(a) Katniss's jacket.
(b) Peeta's painting.
(c) Cinna's gloves.
(d) White liquor.
4. If forced to marry Peeta, what is Katniss most worried about?
(a) She worries that she will never be free to love Gale.
(b) She worries that their children will be drawn in the reaping.
(c) She worries that she will never fully accomplish her talent.
(d) She worries that her mother will not approve of her choice.
5. At the President's party, what is Katniss's main interest?
(a) The costumes.
(b) The people.
(c) The food.
(d) The ceiling.
6. What plan does Katniss want Gale to participate in?
(a) She wants him to help her lead a rebellion.
(b) She wants to take their families and run away.
(c) She wants him to work on her talent.
(d) She wants him to marry Madge.
7. What does the Peacekeeper at the lake show Katniss?
(a) An order from President Snow to kill her.
(b) Bread with a mockingjay pattern in the center.
(c) A mockingjay pin.
(d) A detailed map of Panem's districts.
8. As victors of the Hunger Games, what are Katniss and Peeta obligated to do?
(a) They are obligated to mentor the tributes for the Quarter Quell.
(b) They are obligated to help the Capitol advertise.
(c) They are obligated to choose the next tributes.
(d) They are obligated to take publicity photos with the President.
9. What does Katniss discover when she returns to District 12 from the woods?
(a) The fence has been torn down.
(b) Gale is waiting for her outside.
(c) The fence has been electrified.
(d) There is an uprising in District 12.
10. With whom does Peeta want to discuss Katniss's plan?
(a) His father.
11. In Chapter 8, what happens to Gale?
(a) He has an accident in the mine.
(b) He is whipped by the new Head Peacekeeper.
(c) He runs away from District 12 and is caught.
(d) He leads a group of rebels to the Capitol.
12. Who interviews Katniss and Peeta in the Training Center?
(a) Caesar Flickerman.
(b) Bill Bubblebee.
(c) President Snow.
13. What is the name of the country Katniss and the others live in?
(b) The Capitol.
(c) District Thirteen.
14. What does President Snow think Katniss feels for Peeta?
15. How does Katniss get back inside District 12?
(a) She opens the fence gate with her key.
(b) She burrows under the fence.
(c) She cuts through the fence.
(d) She climbs a tree and goes over the fence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What beauty treatment must Katniss undergo before arriving in District 11?
2. What event does Katniss regret informing Gale about?
3. What reason does Katniss use for the Peacekeepers for being gone so long?
4. How long did it take for the Peacekeepers to subdue the uprising in District 8?
5. What is the focus of District 11?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)