|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Octavia's explanation for the seafood shortage?
(a) She says there is a fish illness going around.
(b) She says there is an uprising in District 4.
(c) She says seafood is all the rage and everyone is eating too much of it.
(d) She says there is poor weather in District 4.
2. How long is the train delayed for the repair?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Forty-five minutes.
(c) One hour.
(d) One day.
3. If forced to marry Peeta, what is Katniss most worried about?
(a) She worries that her mother will not approve of her choice.
(b) She worries that she will never be free to love Gale.
(c) She worries that their children will be drawn in the reaping.
(d) She worries that she will never fully accomplish her talent.
4. What is the focus of District 11?
(a) Luxury goods.
(b) Coal mining.
5. "Catching Fire" takes place at what point in Suzanne Collins's Hunger Games series?
(a) Book three out of four.
(b) Book two out of three.
(c) Book one out of three.
(d) Book four out of four.
6. Where are the two women planning to go?
(a) They are going to the mines.
(b) They are going to District 13.
(c) They are going to the Capitol.
(d) They are going to the ocean.
7. What reason does Katniss use for the Peacekeepers for being gone so long?
(a) She was surveying the mine.
(b) She was hunting in the woods and lost track of time.
(c) She was trying to find the Goat Man.
(d) She was passing out food in the Seam.
8. With whom does Peeta want to discuss Katniss's plan?
(a) His father.
9. What does Gale confess in the cabin?
(a) He confesses his love for Madge.
(b) He confesses his love for Katniss.
(c) He confesses his love for Prim.
(d) He confesses his love for Greasy Sae.
10. Why was Gale punished?
(a) He had poached a turkey.
(b) He attempted to overthrow the local government.
(c) He disrespected President Snow.
(d) He made a mining mistake.
11. What is the name of the country Katniss and the others live in?
(b) District Thirteen.
(d) The Capitol.
12. In Chapter 8, what happens to Gale?
(a) He has an accident in the mine.
(b) He runs away from District 12 and is caught.
(c) He is whipped by the new Head Peacekeeper.
(d) He leads a group of rebels to the Capitol.
13. Where was Katniss's favorite place to go on Sundays in the summer?
(a) She liked going to the lake with her father.
(b) She liked going to Peeta's bakery.
(c) She liked going to the Hob with Gale.
(d) She liked going to the library with Prim.
14. What does Katniss accidentally see on the television?
(a) An interview with Peeta.
(b) A broadcast from District 13.
(c) News of an uprising in District 8.
(d) President Snow's announcement of war.
15. What was Katniss's favorite part about the victory celebrations?
(a) Parcel Day.
(c) The Victor's Village.
(d) The instant replays.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Prim and Katniss's mother so pleased with the photo shoot?
2. Where does Katniss choose to tell her plan to Peeta?
3. What does Katniss worry that President Snow has captured on camera?
4. What items were made in Bonnie's factory?
5. What does President Snow think Katniss feels for Peeta?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)