|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Katniss use for the Peacekeepers for being gone so long?
(a) She was surveying the mine.
(b) She was trying to find the Goat Man.
(c) She was passing out food in the Seam.
(d) She was hunting in the woods and lost track of time.
2. Who are the two people that Gale does not want to run away with them?
(a) Hazelle and Prim.
(b) Effie and Cinna.
(c) Peeta and Haymitch.
(d) Madge and Zorah.
3. With whom does Peeta want to discuss Katniss's plan?
(b) His father.
4. How does Peeta help with the family book?
(a) He draws family portraits.
(b) He proofreads for spelling mistakes.
(c) He binds the book together.
(d) He draws pictures of the plants.
5. Why must Katniss wake Haymitch?
(a) She needs to clean his house.
(b) It is the day of the 75th Hunger Games.
(c) It is tour day and the camera crews are coming.
(d) She is worried about Peeta.
6. What does the crowd do after Katniss's speech?
(a) They boo her.
(b) They go down on their knees.
(c) They burst into applause.
(d) They whistle Rue's melody.
7. What is the only method that will work to help Katniss sleep?
(a) She cannot eat after 7 pm.
(b) She must take sleeping pills.
(c) She must wear the same outfit every night.
(d) She must sleep with Peeta.
8. What does Peeta do to Katniss during the break?
(a) He punches her in the stomach.
(b) He kisses her.
(c) He apologizes to her.
(d) He proposes to her.
9. What is Katniss's excuse for defying the Capitol during the last Hunger Games?
(a) She claims she did not know the rules.
(b) She claims the President told her to defy the Capitol.
(c) She claims to be the head of the Rebellion.
(d) She claims to have been blinded by love for Peeta.
10. What is Katniss's new "talent"?
(a) She bakes with Peeta.
(b) She arranges flowers.
(c) She designs clothes.
(d) She plays the piano.
11. Who is Katniss shocked to find in her home?
(a) President Snow.
(c) Her father.
(d) Peeta Mellark.
12. Of whom does the mockingjay remind Katniss?
13. At the President's party, what is Katniss's main interest?
(a) The food.
(b) The people.
(c) The costumes.
(d) The ceiling.
14. What does Katniss wishes she had done, thinking it would have prevented all the unrest?
(a) She wishes she had begun the rebellion herself.
(b) She wishes she had killed Peeta when she had the chance.
(c) She wishes she had married Gale before she left for the Hunger Games.
(d) She wishes she had killed herself with the berries in the arena.
15. What is the main industry in District 8?
(a) Coal Mining.
(b) Luxury goods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Prim and Katniss's mother so pleased with the photo shoot?
2. Before it was allegedly destroyed, what was District 13's main industry?
3. What items were made in Bonnie's factory?
4. Why is Prim excited about the mandatory television viewing when she gets home from school?
5. What is Octavia's explanation for the seafood shortage?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)