|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Katniss use for the Peacekeepers for being gone so long?
(a) She was trying to find the Goat Man.
(b) She was passing out food in the Seam.
(c) She was hunting in the woods and lost track of time.
(d) She was surveying the mine.
2. For the Quarter Quell, what pool will the tributes come from?
(a) They will only be females.
(b) They will only be males.
(c) They will come only from District 6-12.
(d) They will come from existing victors.
3. What does Katniss tell Haymitch she wants to do?
(a) Start an uprising.
(b) Run for president.
(c) Run away.
(d) Write a book.
4. What does Peeta do to Katniss during the break?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He apologizes to her.
(c) He proposes to her.
(d) He punches her in the stomach.
5. Where do Katniss, Peeta, and Haymitch live?
(a) The Seam.
(b) The Victor's Village.
(c) The Capitol.
6. What must Katniss eventually do to keep those she loves safe?
(a) She must change districts.
(b) She must lead the rebellion.
(c) She must marry Peeta.
(d) She must move back to the Seam.
7. What beauty treatment must Katniss undergo before arriving in District 11?
(a) She must have her toes painted.
(b) She must have plastic surgery on her nose.
(c) She must have her nose altered.
(d) She must endure a body wax.
8. How does Katniss figure out which other Districts may be rebelling?
(a) She calls President Snow and asks him.
(b) She sends letters to the mayors of the other Districts.
(c) She looks up the statistics on the internet.
(d) She asks her prep team what items have been scare over the winter.
9. What gift does Peeta give to the tributes' families?
(a) He decides to build them a house.
(b) He buys them dinner.
(c) He gives them each a painting.
(d) He donates one month of their winnings.
10. What is the only method that will work to help Katniss sleep?
(a) She must wear the same outfit every night.
(b) She must sleep with Peeta.
(c) She must take sleeping pills.
(d) She cannot eat after 7 pm.
11. What does Katniss discover when she returns to District 12 from the woods?
(a) Gale is waiting for her outside.
(b) The fence has been electrified.
(c) The fence has been torn down.
(d) There is an uprising in District 12.
12. What is Octavia's explanation for the seafood shortage?
(a) She says there is a fish illness going around.
(b) She says seafood is all the rage and everyone is eating too much of it.
(c) She says there is an uprising in District 4.
(d) She says there is poor weather in District 4.
13. What does Gale confess in the cabin?
(a) He confesses his love for Katniss.
(b) He confesses his love for Greasy Sae.
(c) He confesses his love for Prim.
(d) He confesses his love for Madge.
14. What is the focus of District 11?
(b) Coal mining.
(c) Luxury goods.
15. Who are the two people that Gale does not want to run away with them?
(a) Madge and Zorah.
(b) Hazelle and Prim.
(c) Effie and Cinna.
(d) Peeta and Haymitch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Katniss choose to tell her plan to Peeta?
2. If forced to marry Peeta, what is Katniss most worried about?
3. "Catching Fire" takes place at what point in Suzanne Collins's Hunger Games series?
4. As victors of the Hunger Games, what are Katniss and Peeta obligated to do?
5. What plan does Katniss want Gale to participate in?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)