|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main industry in District 8?
(a) Luxury goods.
(b) Coal Mining.
2. What plan does Katniss want Gale to participate in?
(a) She wants to take their families and run away.
(b) She wants him to marry Madge.
(c) She wants him to work on her talent.
(d) She wants him to help her lead a rebellion.
3. Why is Prim excited about the mandatory television viewing when she gets home from school?
(a) She loves watching television.
(b) She thinks it will be Peeta's interview.
(c) She thinks it is Katniss's photo shoot.
(d) She will be alowed to watch her favorite movie.
4. What Hunger Games event happens every 25 years?
(a) The Quarter Quell.
(b) The Quarter Quarry.
(c) The Time Warp.
(d) The Twenty-Five Time.
5. What does the crowd do after Katniss's speech?
(a) They whistle Rue's melody.
(b) They burst into applause.
(c) They go down on their knees.
(d) They boo her.
6. What beauty treatment must Katniss undergo before arriving in District 11?
(a) She must have plastic surgery on her nose.
(b) She must have her toes painted.
(c) She must endure a body wax.
(d) She must have her nose altered.
7. Where does Katniss choose to tell her plan to Peeta?
(a) The Hob.
(b) The cabin in the woods.
(c) The road between town and the Victor's Village.
(d) The mines.
8. What is the focus of District 11?
(a) Coal mining.
(c) Luxury goods.
9. What does Katniss promise to do on the tour?
(a) Convince President Snow she is in love with Gale.
(b) Start a rebellion.
(c) Convince President Snow she is in love with Peeta.
(d) End the rebellion.
10. At the President's party, what is Katniss's main interest?
(a) The costumes.
(b) The ceiling.
(c) The food.
(d) The people.
11. What is the only method that will work to help Katniss sleep?
(a) She must take sleeping pills.
(b) She must wear the same outfit every night.
(c) She cannot eat after 7 pm.
(d) She must sleep with Peeta.
12. Who is Katniss shocked to find in her home?
(a) Peeta Mellark.
(b) Her father.
(c) President Snow.
13. What must Katniss eventually do to keep those she loves safe?
(a) She must marry Peeta.
(b) She must change districts.
(c) She must move back to the Seam.
(d) She must lead the rebellion.
14. Where are the two women planning to go?
(a) They are going to the ocean.
(b) They are going to the mines.
(c) They are going to District 13.
(d) They are going to the Capitol.
15. What does Katniss discover when she returns to District 12 from the woods?
(a) The fence has been electrified.
(b) Gale is waiting for her outside.
(c) There is an uprising in District 12.
(d) The fence has been torn down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Katniss, Peeta, and Haymitch live?
2. How does Katniss explain the President's visit to her mother?
3. Why is the mockingjay a symbol of the Capitol's failure?
4. What gift does Gale refuse to accept?
5. What does Katniss decide to do after saving Gale?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)