|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When they arrived back from the Games, what did Katniss's mother say about Peeta?
(a) She wanted Peeta to move into the house with them.
(b) She wanted Peeta to be more like Gale.
(c) She was anxious for them to get married.
(d) She liked Peeta, but Katniss wasn't old enough to have a boyfriend.
2. What must Katniss eventually do to keep those she loves safe?
(a) She must marry Peeta.
(b) She must move back to the Seam.
(c) She must lead the rebellion.
(d) She must change districts.
3. Where was Katniss's favorite place to go on Sundays in the summer?
(a) She liked going to the Hob with Gale.
(b) She liked going to Peeta's bakery.
(c) She liked going to the lake with her father.
(d) She liked going to the library with Prim.
4. If forced to marry Peeta, what is Katniss most worried about?
(a) She worries that she will never fully accomplish her talent.
(b) She worries that she will never be free to love Gale.
(c) She worries that their children will be drawn in the reaping.
(d) She worries that her mother will not approve of her choice.
5. For the Quarter Quell, what pool will the tributes come from?
(a) They will come from existing victors.
(b) They will only be males.
(c) They will only be females.
(d) They will come only from District 6-12.
6. How long did it take for the Peacekeepers to subdue the uprising in District 8?
(a) More than 72 hours.
(b) More than six days.
(c) Less than one week.
(d) Less than 48 hours.
7. Why is District 12 at a disadvantage for a rebellion?
(a) It is smaller than the other Districts, so everyone has to participate.
(b) It is larger than the other Districts, so not everyone has to participate.
(c) It is very far away from the Capitol.
(d) It is very close to District 13.
8. To keep up public appearances, what does the rest of Panem think the relationship is between Katniss and Gale?
(a) They are twins.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are brother and sister.
(d) They are lovers.
9. What was Katniss's favorite part about the victory celebrations?
(a) The instant replays.
(c) The Victor's Village.
(d) Parcel Day.
10. What is Katniss's new "talent"?
(a) She plays the piano.
(b) She designs clothes.
(c) She arranges flowers.
(d) She bakes with Peeta.
11. Where does Katniss meet Gale?
(a) The Hob.
(b) The Seam.
(c) The cabin by the lake.
(d) The cave by the river.
12. Where does Katniss choose to tell her plan to Peeta?
(a) The mines.
(b) The Hob.
(c) The cabin in the woods.
(d) The road between town and the Victor's Village.
13. What does Katniss worry that President Snow has captured on camera?
(a) Prim slipping under the fence.
(b) Peeta kissing her.
(c) Gale kissing her.
(d) Katniss slipping under the fence.
14. What does Katniss discover when she returns to District 12 from the woods?
(a) The fence has been torn down.
(b) There is an uprising in District 12.
(c) Gale is waiting for her outside.
(d) The fence has been electrified.
15. How long is the train delayed for the repair?
(a) Three hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) One day.
(d) Forty-five minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Katniss figure out which other Districts may be rebelling?
2. Where do Katniss, Peeta, and Haymitch live?
3. Why are Prim and Katniss's mother so pleased with the photo shoot?
4. Why is Prim excited about the mandatory television viewing when she gets home from school?
5. What is Katniss's excuse for defying the Capitol during the last Hunger Games?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)