|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what happens to Gale?
(a) He runs away from District 12 and is caught.
(b) He leads a group of rebels to the Capitol.
(c) He has an accident in the mine.
(d) He is whipped by the new Head Peacekeeper.
2. What is Katniss's family book?
(a) It is Prim's records of the family's day-to-day life.
(b) It contains examples of edible and medicinal herbs.
(c) It is her father's favorite novel.
(d) It is a family photo album.
3. What does Katniss promise to do on the tour?
(a) Convince President Snow she is in love with Peeta.
(b) Start a rebellion.
(c) Convince President Snow she is in love with Gale.
(d) End the rebellion.
4. Why is Prim excited about the mandatory television viewing when she gets home from school?
(a) She will be alowed to watch her favorite movie.
(b) She thinks it will be Peeta's interview.
(c) She thinks it is Katniss's photo shoot.
(d) She loves watching television.
5. What is Katniss's excuse for defying the Capitol during the last Hunger Games?
(a) She claims to have been blinded by love for Peeta.
(b) She claims the President told her to defy the Capitol.
(c) She claims she did not know the rules.
(d) She claims to be the head of the Rebellion.
6. What beauty treatment must Katniss undergo before arriving in District 11?
(a) She must endure a body wax.
(b) She must have her nose altered.
(c) She must have plastic surgery on her nose.
(d) She must have her toes painted.
7. When they arrived back from the Games, what did Katniss's mother say about Peeta?
(a) She liked Peeta, but Katniss wasn't old enough to have a boyfriend.
(b) She wanted Peeta to be more like Gale.
(c) She was anxious for them to get married.
(d) She wanted Peeta to move into the house with them.
8. How does Katniss explain the President's visit to her mother?
(a) She says the President wants her to be in love with Peeta.
(b) She says the President wants her to start a rebellion.
(c) She says the President always visits the victor before the tour.
(d) She says the President wants them to move to the Capitol.
9. Who are the two people that Gale does not want to run away with them?
(a) Effie and Cinna.
(b) Peeta and Haymitch.
(c) Hazelle and Prim.
(d) Madge and Zorah.
10. Why is District 12 at a disadvantage for a rebellion?
(a) It is larger than the other Districts, so not everyone has to participate.
(b) It is smaller than the other Districts, so everyone has to participate.
(c) It is very close to District 13.
(d) It is very far away from the Capitol.
11. What scenes has Peeta been painting?
(a) Scenes from his favorite movie.
(b) Scenes from the Games.
(d) Portraits of family.
12. If forced to marry Peeta, what is Katniss most worried about?
(a) She worries that she will never be free to love Gale.
(b) She worries that their children will be drawn in the reaping.
(c) She worries that she will never fully accomplish her talent.
(d) She worries that her mother will not approve of her choice.
13. What event does Katniss regret informing Gale about?
(a) The makeover by her prep team.
(b) The engagement to Peeta.
(c) The uprising in District 8.
(d) The celebration thrown by the president.
14. Who is Katniss shocked to find in her home?
(a) Her father.
(c) Peeta Mellark.
(d) President Snow.
15. What does Katniss accidentally see on the television?
(a) An interview with Peeta.
(b) News of an uprising in District 8.
(c) A broadcast from District 13.
(d) President Snow's announcement of war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Katniss choose to tell her plan to Peeta?
2. How does Katniss figure out which other Districts may be rebelling?
3. What does Katniss smell on President Snow's breath?
4. What Hunger Games event happens every 25 years?
5. "Catching Fire" takes place at what point in Suzanne Collins's Hunger Games series?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)