|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To keep up public appearances, what does the rest of Panem think the relationship is between Katniss and Gale?
(a) They are twins.
(b) They are brother and sister.
(c) They are lovers.
(d) They are cousins.
2. What does Peeta do to Katniss during the break?
(a) He proposes to her.
(b) He kisses her.
(c) He apologizes to her.
(d) He punches her in the stomach.
3. Why must Katniss wake Haymitch?
(a) She is worried about Peeta.
(b) It is tour day and the camera crews are coming.
(c) It is the day of the 75th Hunger Games.
(d) She needs to clean his house.
4. What is the name of the country Katniss and the others live in?
(a) The Capitol.
(d) District Thirteen.
5. Before it was allegedly destroyed, what was District 13's main industry?
(a) Medical research.
(b) Diamond Mining.
(c) Coal Mining.
(d) Nuclear development.
6. "Catching Fire" takes place at what point in Suzanne Collins's Hunger Games series?
(a) Book three out of four.
(b) Book four out of four.
(c) Book two out of three.
(d) Book one out of three.
7. Why is Prim excited about the mandatory television viewing when she gets home from school?
(a) She thinks it will be Peeta's interview.
(b) She will be alowed to watch her favorite movie.
(c) She loves watching television.
(d) She thinks it is Katniss's photo shoot.
8. What does Katniss tell Haymitch she wants to do?
(a) Run for president.
(b) Start an uprising.
(c) Write a book.
(d) Run away.
9. How does Katniss figure out which other Districts may be rebelling?
(a) She sends letters to the mayors of the other Districts.
(b) She calls President Snow and asks him.
(c) She asks her prep team what items have been scare over the winter.
(d) She looks up the statistics on the internet.
10. What is the main industry in District 8?
(a) Luxury goods.
(d) Coal Mining.
11. What Hunger Games event happens every 25 years?
(a) The Quarter Quell.
(b) The Time Warp.
(c) The Twenty-Five Time.
(d) The Quarter Quarry.
12. What does Katniss smell on President Snow's breath?
(a) White liquor.
13. What has Katniss's mockingjay pin become in the Capitol?
(a) A learning tool.
(b) A symbol of knowledge.
(c) A fashion statement.
(d) The basis of a popular television show.
14. Why was Gale punished?
(a) He disrespected President Snow.
(b) He made a mining mistake.
(c) He had poached a turkey.
(d) He attempted to overthrow the local government.
15. What does Gale confess in the cabin?
(a) He confesses his love for Katniss.
(b) He confesses his love for Prim.
(c) He confesses his love for Greasy Sae.
(d) He confesses his love for Madge.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the storm abates, what staple of District 12 has been burned down?
2. Why is Peeta going into town?
3. Where do Katniss, Peeta, and Haymitch live?
4. How does Peeta help with the family book?
5. How long did it take for the Peacekeepers to subdue the uprising in District 8?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)