|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Katniss figure out which other Districts may be rebelling?
(a) She calls President Snow and asks him.
(b) She sends letters to the mayors of the other Districts.
(c) She asks her prep team what items have been scare over the winter.
(d) She looks up the statistics on the internet.
2. Who is Plutarch Heavensbee?
(a) The President's assistant.
(b) The Head Peacekeeper.
(c) The Head Gamemaker.
(d) The Hunger Games winner from a few years ago.
3. Who are the two people that Gale does not want to run away with them?
(a) Hazelle and Prim.
(b) Effie and Cinna.
(c) Peeta and Haymitch.
(d) Madge and Zorah.
4. At the President's party, what is Katniss's main interest?
(a) The costumes.
(b) The ceiling.
(c) The people.
(d) The food.
5. When the storm abates, what staple of District 12 has been burned down?
(a) The town square.
(b) The Victor's Village.
(c) The Hob.
(d) The Seam.
6. What does Katniss promise to do on the tour?
(a) End the rebellion.
(b) Start a rebellion.
(c) Convince President Snow she is in love with Gale.
(d) Convince President Snow she is in love with Peeta.
7. What is Katniss's family book?
(a) It contains examples of edible and medicinal herbs.
(b) It is her father's favorite novel.
(c) It is a family photo album.
(d) It is Prim's records of the family's day-to-day life.
8. If forced to marry Peeta, what is Katniss most worried about?
(a) She worries that she will never be free to love Gale.
(b) She worries that she will never fully accomplish her talent.
(c) She worries that her mother will not approve of her choice.
(d) She worries that their children will be drawn in the reaping.
9. To keep up public appearances, what does the rest of Panem think the relationship is between Katniss and Gale?
(a) They are brother and sister.
(b) They are lovers.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are twins.
10. Why are Prim and Katniss's mother so pleased with the photo shoot?
(a) They both have a passion for fashion.
(b) They think it means Katniss is safe.
(c) They love entertaining company.
(d) They get to keep some of the accessories.
11. What is Katniss's excuse for defying the Capitol during the last Hunger Games?
(a) She claims she did not know the rules.
(b) She claims to be the head of the Rebellion.
(c) She claims the President told her to defy the Capitol.
(d) She claims to have been blinded by love for Peeta.
12. When they arrived back from the Games, what did Katniss's mother say about Peeta?
(a) She was anxious for them to get married.
(b) She wanted Peeta to be more like Gale.
(c) She liked Peeta, but Katniss wasn't old enough to have a boyfriend.
(d) She wanted Peeta to move into the house with them.
13. What is Katniss's new "talent"?
(a) She designs clothes.
(b) She bakes with Peeta.
(c) She plays the piano.
(d) She arranges flowers.
14. Where does Katniss choose to tell her plan to Peeta?
(a) The mines.
(b) The Hob.
(c) The road between town and the Victor's Village.
(d) The cabin in the woods.
15. Who are the women in the cabin?
(a) Criminals escaping the burning Hob.
(b) Diplomats from District 2.
(c) Peacekeepers on a mission.
(d) Refugees from District 8.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katniss smell on President Snow's breath?
2. What gift does Peeta give to the tributes' families?
3. What does Peeta do to Katniss during the break?
4. What is the main industry in District 8?
5. Who interviews Katniss and Peeta in the Training Center?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)