|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the women in the cabin?
(a) Criminals escaping the burning Hob.
(b) Diplomats from District 2.
(c) Peacekeepers on a mission.
(d) Refugees from District 8.
2. Where does Katniss meet Gale?
(a) The cave by the river.
(b) The Hob.
(c) The cabin by the lake.
(d) The Seam.
3. What event does Katniss regret informing Gale about?
(a) The engagement to Peeta.
(b) The uprising in District 8.
(c) The celebration thrown by the president.
(d) The makeover by her prep team.
4. During the interview, what does Peeta do?
(a) He proposes to Katniss.
(b) He is offered the Presidency.
(c) He donates his winnings to the needy.
(d) He declares war on the Capitol.
5. What does Peeta do to Katniss during the break?
(a) He punches her in the stomach.
(b) He kisses her.
(c) He apologizes to her.
(d) He proposes to her.
6. When they arrived back from the Games, what did Katniss's mother say about Peeta?
(a) She wanted Peeta to move into the house with them.
(b) She liked Peeta, but Katniss wasn't old enough to have a boyfriend.
(c) She wanted Peeta to be more like Gale.
(d) She was anxious for them to get married.
7. Why must Katniss wake Haymitch?
(a) She is worried about Peeta.
(b) She needs to clean his house.
(c) It is tour day and the camera crews are coming.
(d) It is the day of the 75th Hunger Games.
8. Why is District 12 at a disadvantage for a rebellion?
(a) It is very close to District 13.
(b) It is smaller than the other Districts, so everyone has to participate.
(c) It is larger than the other Districts, so not everyone has to participate.
(d) It is very far away from the Capitol.
9. Of whom does the mockingjay remind Katniss?
10. What does Katniss worry that President Snow has captured on camera?
(a) Katniss slipping under the fence.
(b) Prim slipping under the fence.
(c) Gale kissing her.
(d) Peeta kissing her.
11. Who is Katniss shocked to find in her home?
(a) Peeta Mellark.
(b) President Snow.
(c) Her father.
12. At the President's party, what is Katniss's main interest?
(a) The food.
(b) The ceiling.
(c) The costumes.
(d) The people.
13. Why is Prim excited about the mandatory television viewing when she gets home from school?
(a) She will be alowed to watch her favorite movie.
(b) She thinks it will be Peeta's interview.
(c) She thinks it is Katniss's photo shoot.
(d) She loves watching television.
14. What are Katniss and Peeta's favorite colors?
(a) Green and Orange.
(b) Blue and Red.
(c) Pink and Indigo.
(d) Purple and Yellow.
15. What gift does Gale refuse to accept?
(a) Katniss's jacket.
(b) White liquor.
(c) Peeta's painting.
(d) Cinna's gloves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the mockingjay a symbol of the Capitol's failure?
2. What is the main industry in District 8?
3. What must Katniss eventually do to keep those she loves safe?
4. For the Quarter Quell, what pool will the tributes come from?
5. Where does Katniss choose to tell her plan to Peeta?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)