|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For the Quarter Quell, what pool will the tributes come from?
(a) They will come only from District 6-12.
(b) They will only be females.
(c) They will come from existing victors.
(d) They will only be males.
2. What is the only method that will work to help Katniss sleep?
(a) She must take sleeping pills.
(b) She must sleep with Peeta.
(c) She cannot eat after 7 pm.
(d) She must wear the same outfit every night.
3. As victors of the Hunger Games, what are Katniss and Peeta obligated to do?
(a) They are obligated to mentor the tributes for the Quarter Quell.
(b) They are obligated to help the Capitol advertise.
(c) They are obligated to choose the next tributes.
(d) They are obligated to take publicity photos with the President.
4. What does Katniss promise to do on the tour?
(a) Start a rebellion.
(b) Convince President Snow she is in love with Gale.
(c) Convince President Snow she is in love with Peeta.
(d) End the rebellion.
5. Who are the women in the cabin?
(a) Diplomats from District 2.
(b) Refugees from District 8.
(c) Criminals escaping the burning Hob.
(d) Peacekeepers on a mission.
6. What event does Katniss regret informing Gale about?
(a) The celebration thrown by the president.
(b) The makeover by her prep team.
(c) The uprising in District 8.
(d) The engagement to Peeta.
7. If forced to marry Peeta, what is Katniss most worried about?
(a) She worries that her mother will not approve of her choice.
(b) She worries that their children will be drawn in the reaping.
(c) She worries that she will never be free to love Gale.
(d) She worries that she will never fully accomplish her talent.
8. When Katniss says she is full, what does the prep team suggest she do?
(a) They suggest she run to burn off the calories.
(b) They suggest she eat until she loses consciousness.
(c) They suggest she take a nap.
(d) They suggest she vomit so she can eat more.
9. What Hunger Games event happens every 25 years?
(a) The Quarter Quarry.
(b) The Twenty-Five Time.
(c) The Time Warp.
(d) The Quarter Quell.
10. In Chapter 8, what happens to Gale?
(a) He runs away from District 12 and is caught.
(b) He is whipped by the new Head Peacekeeper.
(c) He has an accident in the mine.
(d) He leads a group of rebels to the Capitol.
11. Why was Gale punished?
(a) He attempted to overthrow the local government.
(b) He made a mining mistake.
(c) He disrespected President Snow.
(d) He had poached a turkey.
12. Why is District 12 at a disadvantage for a rebellion?
(a) It is smaller than the other Districts, so everyone has to participate.
(b) It is larger than the other Districts, so not everyone has to participate.
(c) It is very close to District 13.
(d) It is very far away from the Capitol.
13. Why are Prim and Katniss's mother so pleased with the photo shoot?
(a) They get to keep some of the accessories.
(b) They love entertaining company.
(c) They think it means Katniss is safe.
(d) They both have a passion for fashion.
14. What does Katniss tell Haymitch she wants to do?
(a) Start an uprising.
(b) Write a book.
(c) Run away.
(d) Run for president.
15. What gift does Peeta give to the tributes' families?
(a) He gives them each a painting.
(b) He donates one month of their winnings.
(c) He buys them dinner.
(d) He decides to build them a house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katniss accidentally see on the television?
2. What does the Peacekeeper at the lake show Katniss?
3. "Catching Fire" takes place at what point in Suzanne Collins's Hunger Games series?
4. What does President Snow think Katniss feels for Peeta?
5. When they arrived back from the Games, what did Katniss's mother say about Peeta?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)