|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katniss tell Haymitch she wants to do?
(a) Run for president.
(b) Start an uprising.
(c) Run away.
(d) Write a book.
2. What gift does Gale refuse to accept?
(a) White liquor.
(b) Cinna's gloves.
(c) Peeta's painting.
(d) Katniss's jacket.
3. Where was Katniss's favorite place to go on Sundays in the summer?
(a) She liked going to the lake with her father.
(b) She liked going to the Hob with Gale.
(c) She liked going to Peeta's bakery.
(d) She liked going to the library with Prim.
4. What is the main industry in District 8?
(b) Coal Mining.
(c) Luxury goods.
5. Why is Peeta going into town?
(a) He is going to the bakery to frost cakes.
(b) He is trying to clear his head with a walk.
(c) He is going to the mines.
(d) He is having dinner with his family.
6. If forced to marry Peeta, what is Katniss most worried about?
(a) She worries that she will never fully accomplish her talent.
(b) She worries that she will never be free to love Gale.
(c) She worries that their children will be drawn in the reaping.
(d) She worries that her mother will not approve of her choice.
7. Why must Katniss wake Haymitch?
(a) It is the day of the 75th Hunger Games.
(b) It is tour day and the camera crews are coming.
(c) She needs to clean his house.
(d) She is worried about Peeta.
8. How does Katniss figure out which other Districts may be rebelling?
(a) She calls President Snow and asks him.
(b) She looks up the statistics on the internet.
(c) She asks her prep team what items have been scare over the winter.
(d) She sends letters to the mayors of the other Districts.
9. What is Octavia's explanation for the seafood shortage?
(a) She says seafood is all the rage and everyone is eating too much of it.
(b) She says there is poor weather in District 4.
(c) She says there is an uprising in District 4.
(d) She says there is a fish illness going around.
10. What is the only method that will work to help Katniss sleep?
(a) She cannot eat after 7 pm.
(b) She must wear the same outfit every night.
(c) She must take sleeping pills.
(d) She must sleep with Peeta.
11. What scenes has Peeta been painting?
(b) Scenes from the Games.
(c) Scenes from his favorite movie.
(d) Portraits of family.
12. Where does Katniss choose to tell her plan to Peeta?
(a) The Hob.
(b) The road between town and the Victor's Village.
(c) The cabin in the woods.
(d) The mines.
13. What plan does Katniss want Gale to participate in?
(a) She wants him to work on her talent.
(b) She wants him to help her lead a rebellion.
(c) She wants him to marry Madge.
(d) She wants to take their families and run away.
14. Who is Plutarch Heavensbee?
(a) The President's assistant.
(b) The Head Gamemaker.
(c) The Head Peacekeeper.
(d) The Hunger Games winner from a few years ago.
15. Where are the two women planning to go?
(a) They are going to the ocean.
(b) They are going to the Capitol.
(c) They are going to the mines.
(d) They are going to District 13.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the mockingjay a symbol of the Capitol's failure?
2. How long is the train delayed for the repair?
3. When the storm abates, what staple of District 12 has been burned down?
4. What has Katniss's mockingjay pin become in the Capitol?
5. To keep up public appearances, what does the rest of Panem think the relationship is between Katniss and Gale?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)