|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main industry in District 8?
(a) Coal Mining.
(b) Luxury goods.
2. What gift does Peeta give to the tributes' families?
(a) He buys them dinner.
(b) He donates one month of their winnings.
(c) He gives them each a painting.
(d) He decides to build them a house.
3. What does Katniss wishes she had done, thinking it would have prevented all the unrest?
(a) She wishes she had married Gale before she left for the Hunger Games.
(b) She wishes she had killed herself with the berries in the arena.
(c) She wishes she had killed Peeta when she had the chance.
(d) She wishes she had begun the rebellion herself.
4. How does Katniss figure out which other Districts may be rebelling?
(a) She asks her prep team what items have been scare over the winter.
(b) She sends letters to the mayors of the other Districts.
(c) She looks up the statistics on the internet.
(d) She calls President Snow and asks him.
5. How does Katniss explain the President's visit to her mother?
(a) She says the President always visits the victor before the tour.
(b) She says the President wants her to start a rebellion.
(c) She says the President wants them to move to the Capitol.
(d) She says the President wants her to be in love with Peeta.
6. Why is Peeta going into town?
(a) He is going to the mines.
(b) He is having dinner with his family.
(c) He is trying to clear his head with a walk.
(d) He is going to the bakery to frost cakes.
7. What event does Katniss regret informing Gale about?
(a) The makeover by her prep team.
(b) The uprising in District 8.
(c) The celebration thrown by the president.
(d) The engagement to Peeta.
8. What does Katniss decide to do after saving Gale?
(a) She decides to marry him.
(b) She decides to run away.
(c) She decides to petition the president.
(d) She decides to stay and fight.
9. In Chapter 8, what happens to Gale?
(a) He is whipped by the new Head Peacekeeper.
(b) He has an accident in the mine.
(c) He runs away from District 12 and is caught.
(d) He leads a group of rebels to the Capitol.
10. Who interviews Katniss and Peeta in the Training Center?
(a) Caesar Flickerman.
(c) Bill Bubblebee.
(d) President Snow.
11. What does Katniss discover when she returns to District 12 from the woods?
(a) Gale is waiting for her outside.
(b) The fence has been torn down.
(c) The fence has been electrified.
(d) There is an uprising in District 12.
12. What does the Peacekeeper at the lake show Katniss?
(a) An order from President Snow to kill her.
(b) A detailed map of Panem's districts.
(c) A mockingjay pin.
(d) Bread with a mockingjay pattern in the center.
13. Where was Katniss's favorite place to go on Sundays in the summer?
(a) She liked going to Peeta's bakery.
(b) She liked going to the Hob with Gale.
(c) She liked going to the library with Prim.
(d) She liked going to the lake with her father.
14. What does Gale confess in the cabin?
(a) He confesses his love for Prim.
(b) He confesses his love for Greasy Sae.
(c) He confesses his love for Madge.
(d) He confesses his love for Katniss.
15. Who is Plutarch Heavensbee?
(a) The Head Gamemaker.
(b) The Hunger Games winner from a few years ago.
(c) The Head Peacekeeper.
(d) The President's assistant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the women in the cabin?
2. Who is Katniss shocked to find in her home?
3. What is Katniss's new "talent"?
4. With whom does Peeta want to discuss Katniss's plan?
5. To keep up public appearances, what does the rest of Panem think the relationship is between Katniss and Gale?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)