|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Peacekeeper at the lake show Katniss?
(a) A detailed map of Panem's districts.
(b) An order from President Snow to kill her.
(c) Bread with a mockingjay pattern in the center.
(d) A mockingjay pin.
2. What does Katniss wishes she had done, thinking it would have prevented all the unrest?
(a) She wishes she had killed Peeta when she had the chance.
(b) She wishes she had begun the rebellion herself.
(c) She wishes she had married Gale before she left for the Hunger Games.
(d) She wishes she had killed herself with the berries in the arena.
3. With whom does Peeta want to discuss Katniss's plan?
(d) His father.
4. What is Katniss's family book?
(a) It is her father's favorite novel.
(b) It is a family photo album.
(c) It contains examples of edible and medicinal herbs.
(d) It is Prim's records of the family's day-to-day life.
5. To keep up public appearances, what does the rest of Panem think the relationship is between Katniss and Gale?
(a) They are twins.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are brother and sister.
(d) They are lovers.
6. What does President Snow think Katniss feels for Peeta?
7. Why was Gale punished?
(a) He attempted to overthrow the local government.
(b) He made a mining mistake.
(c) He disrespected President Snow.
(d) He had poached a turkey.
8. What is the focus of District 11?
(a) Coal mining.
(b) Luxury goods.
9. Who are the women in the cabin?
(a) Peacekeepers on a mission.
(b) Refugees from District 8.
(c) Diplomats from District 2.
(d) Criminals escaping the burning Hob.
10. Where does Katniss meet Gale?
(a) The Seam.
(b) The cabin by the lake.
(c) The Hob.
(d) The cave by the river.
11. Who is Plutarch Heavensbee?
(a) The Head Peacekeeper.
(b) The President's assistant.
(c) The Head Gamemaker.
(d) The Hunger Games winner from a few years ago.
12. What reason does Katniss use for the Peacekeepers for being gone so long?
(a) She was hunting in the woods and lost track of time.
(b) She was surveying the mine.
(c) She was trying to find the Goat Man.
(d) She was passing out food in the Seam.
13. Where do Katniss, Peeta, and Haymitch live?
(a) The Victor's Village.
(c) The Seam.
(d) The Capitol.
14. How does Peeta help with the family book?
(a) He draws family portraits.
(b) He draws pictures of the plants.
(c) He proofreads for spelling mistakes.
(d) He binds the book together.
15. What has Katniss's mockingjay pin become in the Capitol?
(a) A learning tool.
(b) A fashion statement.
(c) The basis of a popular television show.
(d) A symbol of knowledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plan does Katniss want Gale to participate in?
2. What is Octavia's explanation for the seafood shortage?
3. What does Katniss accidentally see on the television?
4. How does Katniss figure out which other Districts may be rebelling?
5. How does Katniss get back inside District 12?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)