|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After learning she and Peeta's show has not been enough for President Snow, what does Katniss decide to do?
(a) She decides to live in secret in the Capitol.
(b) She decides to marry Peeta immediately.
(c) She decides to run away with Gale.
(d) She decides to take her family into the woods.
2. When Katniss says she is full, what does the prep team suggest she do?
(a) They suggest she run to burn off the calories.
(b) They suggest she take a nap.
(c) They suggest she eat until she loses consciousness.
(d) They suggest she vomit so she can eat more.
3. What is the only method that will work to help Katniss sleep?
(a) She must sleep with Peeta.
(b) She cannot eat after 7 pm.
(c) She must wear the same outfit every night.
(d) She must take sleeping pills.
4. If forced to marry Peeta, what is Katniss most worried about?
(a) She worries that their children will be drawn in the reaping.
(b) She worries that she will never be free to love Gale.
(c) She worries that her mother will not approve of her choice.
(d) She worries that she will never fully accomplish her talent.
5. What is Katniss's family book?
(a) It is her father's favorite novel.
(b) It contains examples of edible and medicinal herbs.
(c) It is a family photo album.
(d) It is Prim's records of the family's day-to-day life.
6. What gift does Peeta give to the tributes' families?
(a) He decides to build them a house.
(b) He buys them dinner.
(c) He gives them each a painting.
(d) He donates one month of their winnings.
7. What does Katniss smell on President Snow's breath?
(a) White liquor.
8. Where was Katniss's favorite place to go on Sundays in the summer?
(a) She liked going to the library with Prim.
(b) She liked going to the Hob with Gale.
(c) She liked going to the lake with her father.
(d) She liked going to Peeta's bakery.
9. During the interview, what does Peeta do?
(a) He proposes to Katniss.
(b) He declares war on the Capitol.
(c) He is offered the Presidency.
(d) He donates his winnings to the needy.
10. How does Katniss figure out which other Districts may be rebelling?
(a) She looks up the statistics on the internet.
(b) She calls President Snow and asks him.
(c) She asks her prep team what items have been scare over the winter.
(d) She sends letters to the mayors of the other Districts.
11. What does Katniss discover when she returns to District 12 from the woods?
(a) The fence has been torn down.
(b) There is an uprising in District 12.
(c) The fence has been electrified.
(d) Gale is waiting for her outside.
12. Where does Katniss meet Gale?
(a) The cabin by the lake.
(b) The Hob.
(c) The Seam.
(d) The cave by the river.
13. For the Quarter Quell, what pool will the tributes come from?
(a) They will only be females.
(b) They will only be males.
(c) They will come only from District 6-12.
(d) They will come from existing victors.
14. What does the crowd do after Katniss's speech?
(a) They burst into applause.
(b) They whistle Rue's melody.
(c) They boo her.
(d) They go down on their knees.
15. "Catching Fire" takes place at what point in Suzanne Collins's Hunger Games series?
(a) Book two out of three.
(b) Book one out of three.
(c) Book three out of four.
(d) Book four out of four.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plan does Katniss want Gale to participate in?
2. Where does Katniss choose to tell her plan to Peeta?
3. As victors of the Hunger Games, what are Katniss and Peeta obligated to do?
4. What are Katniss and Peeta's favorite colors?
5. What does Katniss decide to do after saving Gale?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)