|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Peacekeeper at the lake show Katniss?
(a) A mockingjay pin.
(b) Bread with a mockingjay pattern in the center.
(c) An order from President Snow to kill her.
(d) A detailed map of Panem's districts.
2. How long did it take for the Peacekeepers to subdue the uprising in District 8?
(a) More than six days.
(b) Less than one week.
(c) More than 72 hours.
(d) Less than 48 hours.
3. What does Katniss smell on President Snow's breath?
(a) White liquor.
4. What are Katniss and Peeta's favorite colors?
(a) Purple and Yellow.
(b) Blue and Red.
(c) Green and Orange.
(d) Pink and Indigo.
5. How does Katniss figure out which other Districts may be rebelling?
(a) She calls President Snow and asks him.
(b) She asks her prep team what items have been scare over the winter.
(c) She looks up the statistics on the internet.
(d) She sends letters to the mayors of the other Districts.
6. Who is Plutarch Heavensbee?
(a) The President's assistant.
(b) The Head Gamemaker.
(c) The Head Peacekeeper.
(d) The Hunger Games winner from a few years ago.
7. What plan does Katniss want Gale to participate in?
(a) She wants him to marry Madge.
(b) She wants to take their families and run away.
(c) She wants him to help her lead a rebellion.
(d) She wants him to work on her talent.
8. In Chapter 8, what happens to Gale?
(a) He leads a group of rebels to the Capitol.
(b) He runs away from District 12 and is caught.
(c) He is whipped by the new Head Peacekeeper.
(d) He has an accident in the mine.
9. Why is Peeta going into town?
(a) He is trying to clear his head with a walk.
(b) He is going to the mines.
(c) He is having dinner with his family.
(d) He is going to the bakery to frost cakes.
10. What is the name of the country Katniss and the others live in?
(c) The Capitol.
(d) District Thirteen.
11. What has Katniss's mockingjay pin become in the Capitol?
(a) A learning tool.
(b) A fashion statement.
(c) A symbol of knowledge.
(d) The basis of a popular television show.
12. Why are Prim and Katniss's mother so pleased with the photo shoot?
(a) They get to keep some of the accessories.
(b) They love entertaining company.
(c) They both have a passion for fashion.
(d) They think it means Katniss is safe.
13. Before it was allegedly destroyed, what was District 13's main industry?
(a) Coal Mining.
(b) Nuclear development.
(c) Diamond Mining.
(d) Medical research.
14. What items were made in Bonnie's factory?
(a) Leather jackets.
(b) Luxury high heels.
(c) Peacekeeper uniforms.
15. When the storm abates, what staple of District 12 has been burned down?
(a) The Victor's Village.
(b) The town square.
(c) The Hob.
(d) The Seam.
Short Answer Questions
1. For the Quarter Quell, what pool will the tributes come from?
2. What beauty treatment must Katniss undergo before arriving in District 11?
3. After learning she and Peeta's show has not been enough for President Snow, what does Katniss decide to do?
4. How long is the train delayed for the repair?
5. When Katniss says she is full, what does the prep team suggest she do?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)