|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does President Snow think Katniss feels for Peeta?
2. Why is District 12 at a disadvantage for a rebellion?
(a) It is larger than the other Districts, so not everyone has to participate.
(b) It is very far away from the Capitol.
(c) It is very close to District 13.
(d) It is smaller than the other Districts, so everyone has to participate.
3. What does Gale confess in the cabin?
(a) He confesses his love for Prim.
(b) He confesses his love for Greasy Sae.
(c) He confesses his love for Katniss.
(d) He confesses his love for Madge.
4. What event does Katniss regret informing Gale about?
(a) The engagement to Peeta.
(b) The makeover by her prep team.
(c) The celebration thrown by the president.
(d) The uprising in District 8.
5. What gift does Peeta give to the tributes' families?
(a) He donates one month of their winnings.
(b) He decides to build them a house.
(c) He gives them each a painting.
(d) He buys them dinner.
6. How does Katniss explain the President's visit to her mother?
(a) She says the President wants her to be in love with Peeta.
(b) She says the President wants them to move to the Capitol.
(c) She says the President wants her to start a rebellion.
(d) She says the President always visits the victor before the tour.
7. Where was Katniss's favorite place to go on Sundays in the summer?
(a) She liked going to the lake with her father.
(b) She liked going to the library with Prim.
(c) She liked going to the Hob with Gale.
(d) She liked going to Peeta's bakery.
8. What does the Peacekeeper at the lake show Katniss?
(a) An order from President Snow to kill her.
(b) A detailed map of Panem's districts.
(c) A mockingjay pin.
(d) Bread with a mockingjay pattern in the center.
9. What gift does Gale refuse to accept?
(a) Katniss's jacket.
(b) Peeta's painting.
(c) Cinna's gloves.
(d) White liquor.
10. How does Katniss figure out which other Districts may be rebelling?
(a) She calls President Snow and asks him.
(b) She looks up the statistics on the internet.
(c) She sends letters to the mayors of the other Districts.
(d) She asks her prep team what items have been scare over the winter.
11. Who are the two people that Gale does not want to run away with them?
(a) Peeta and Haymitch.
(b) Hazelle and Prim.
(c) Madge and Zorah.
(d) Effie and Cinna.
12. What does Katniss decide to do after saving Gale?
(a) She decides to run away.
(b) She decides to marry him.
(c) She decides to petition the president.
(d) She decides to stay and fight.
13. What is Katniss's excuse for defying the Capitol during the last Hunger Games?
(a) She claims to be the head of the Rebellion.
(b) She claims to have been blinded by love for Peeta.
(c) She claims the President told her to defy the Capitol.
(d) She claims she did not know the rules.
14. Why was Gale punished?
(a) He had poached a turkey.
(b) He attempted to overthrow the local government.
(c) He made a mining mistake.
(d) He disrespected President Snow.
15. What is the focus of District 11?
(a) Luxury goods.
(d) Coal mining.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take for the Peacekeepers to subdue the uprising in District 8?
2. What does Katniss smell on President Snow's breath?
3. What does Katniss accidentally see on the television?
4. Where are the two women planning to go?
5. As victors of the Hunger Games, what are Katniss and Peeta obligated to do?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)