|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why must Katniss wake Haymitch?
(a) She needs to clean his house.
(b) She is worried about Peeta.
(c) It is tour day and the camera crews are coming.
(d) It is the day of the 75th Hunger Games.
2. How does Katniss explain the President's visit to her mother?
(a) She says the President wants her to start a rebellion.
(b) She says the President always visits the victor before the tour.
(c) She says the President wants her to be in love with Peeta.
(d) She says the President wants them to move to the Capitol.
3. What does Gale confess in the cabin?
(a) He confesses his love for Prim.
(b) He confesses his love for Madge.
(c) He confesses his love for Katniss.
(d) He confesses his love for Greasy Sae.
4. For the Quarter Quell, what pool will the tributes come from?
(a) They will only be males.
(b) They will only be females.
(c) They will come only from District 6-12.
(d) They will come from existing victors.
5. Why are Prim and Katniss's mother so pleased with the photo shoot?
(a) They both have a passion for fashion.
(b) They think it means Katniss is safe.
(c) They get to keep some of the accessories.
(d) They love entertaining company.
6. When Katniss says she is full, what does the prep team suggest she do?
(a) They suggest she vomit so she can eat more.
(b) They suggest she eat until she loses consciousness.
(c) They suggest she run to burn off the calories.
(d) They suggest she take a nap.
7. Where does Katniss choose to tell her plan to Peeta?
(a) The road between town and the Victor's Village.
(b) The mines.
(c) The cabin in the woods.
(d) The Hob.
8. What is Katniss's excuse for defying the Capitol during the last Hunger Games?
(a) She claims to have been blinded by love for Peeta.
(b) She claims she did not know the rules.
(c) She claims the President told her to defy the Capitol.
(d) She claims to be the head of the Rebellion.
9. Where does Katniss meet Gale?
(a) The Seam.
(b) The cave by the river.
(c) The Hob.
(d) The cabin by the lake.
10. When they arrived back from the Games, what did Katniss's mother say about Peeta?
(a) She wanted Peeta to be more like Gale.
(b) She wanted Peeta to move into the house with them.
(c) She liked Peeta, but Katniss wasn't old enough to have a boyfriend.
(d) She was anxious for them to get married.
11. What gift does Gale refuse to accept?
(a) White liquor.
(b) Peeta's painting.
(c) Cinna's gloves.
(d) Katniss's jacket.
12. Why is Prim excited about the mandatory television viewing when she gets home from school?
(a) She thinks it is Katniss's photo shoot.
(b) She thinks it will be Peeta's interview.
(c) She will be alowed to watch her favorite movie.
(d) She loves watching television.
13. What Hunger Games event happens every 25 years?
(a) The Time Warp.
(b) The Quarter Quell.
(c) The Quarter Quarry.
(d) The Twenty-Five Time.
14. What does Katniss promise to do on the tour?
(a) Convince President Snow she is in love with Peeta.
(b) Convince President Snow she is in love with Gale.
(c) Start a rebellion.
(d) End the rebellion.
15. What does Katniss discover when she returns to District 12 from the woods?
(a) The fence has been electrified.
(b) There is an uprising in District 12.
(c) Gale is waiting for her outside.
(d) The fence has been torn down.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the storm abates, what staple of District 12 has been burned down?
2. Before it was allegedly destroyed, what was District 13's main industry?
3. As victors of the Hunger Games, what are Katniss and Peeta obligated to do?
4. Why is the mockingjay a symbol of the Capitol's failure?
5. Why is Peeta going into town?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)