|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Katniss's favorite part about the victory celebrations?
(b) The instant replays.
(c) The Victor's Village.
(d) Parcel Day.
2. Of whom does the mockingjay remind Katniss?
3. Where does Katniss choose to tell her plan to Peeta?
(a) The mines.
(b) The cabin in the woods.
(c) The Hob.
(d) The road between town and the Victor's Village.
4. When the storm abates, what staple of District 12 has been burned down?
(a) The town square.
(b) The Victor's Village.
(c) The Hob.
(d) The Seam.
5. Who is Katniss shocked to find in her home?
(b) Peeta Mellark.
(c) President Snow.
(d) Her father.
6. What has Katniss's mockingjay pin become in the Capitol?
(a) A symbol of knowledge.
(b) The basis of a popular television show.
(c) A fashion statement.
(d) A learning tool.
7. How long did it take for the Peacekeepers to subdue the uprising in District 8?
(a) More than six days.
(b) Less than 48 hours.
(c) More than 72 hours.
(d) Less than one week.
8. What is the main industry in District 8?
(b) Coal Mining.
(d) Luxury goods.
9. What is Octavia's explanation for the seafood shortage?
(a) She says there is a fish illness going around.
(b) She says there is an uprising in District 4.
(c) She says there is poor weather in District 4.
(d) She says seafood is all the rage and everyone is eating too much of it.
10. Why must Katniss wake Haymitch?
(a) She needs to clean his house.
(b) It is tour day and the camera crews are coming.
(c) It is the day of the 75th Hunger Games.
(d) She is worried about Peeta.
11. When they arrived back from the Games, what did Katniss's mother say about Peeta?
(a) She was anxious for them to get married.
(b) She wanted Peeta to move into the house with them.
(c) She wanted Peeta to be more like Gale.
(d) She liked Peeta, but Katniss wasn't old enough to have a boyfriend.
12. Who is Plutarch Heavensbee?
(a) The Head Peacekeeper.
(b) The Hunger Games winner from a few years ago.
(c) The President's assistant.
(d) The Head Gamemaker.
13. What are Katniss and Peeta's favorite colors?
(a) Green and Orange.
(b) Purple and Yellow.
(c) Blue and Red.
(d) Pink and Indigo.
14. What does Katniss worry that President Snow has captured on camera?
(a) Katniss slipping under the fence.
(b) Peeta kissing her.
(c) Gale kissing her.
(d) Prim slipping under the fence.
15. How does Peeta help with the family book?
(a) He proofreads for spelling mistakes.
(b) He draws family portraits.
(c) He binds the book together.
(d) He draws pictures of the plants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the country Katniss and the others live in?
2. Why is District 12 at a disadvantage for a rebellion?
3. Where was Katniss's favorite place to go on Sundays in the summer?
4. "Catching Fire" takes place at what point in Suzanne Collins's Hunger Games series?
5. What does Katniss tell Haymitch she wants to do?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)