|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Katniss figure out which other Districts may be rebelling?
(a) She looks up the statistics on the internet.
(b) She sends letters to the mayors of the other Districts.
(c) She asks her prep team what items have been scare over the winter.
(d) She calls President Snow and asks him.
2. What plan does Katniss want Gale to participate in?
(a) She wants him to marry Madge.
(b) She wants to take their families and run away.
(c) She wants him to work on her talent.
(d) She wants him to help her lead a rebellion.
3. Why are Prim and Katniss's mother so pleased with the photo shoot?
(a) They both have a passion for fashion.
(b) They love entertaining company.
(c) They get to keep some of the accessories.
(d) They think it means Katniss is safe.
4. Of whom does the mockingjay remind Katniss?
5. When they arrived back from the Games, what did Katniss's mother say about Peeta?
(a) She was anxious for them to get married.
(b) She wanted Peeta to move into the house with them.
(c) She wanted Peeta to be more like Gale.
(d) She liked Peeta, but Katniss wasn't old enough to have a boyfriend.
6. What does Katniss discover when she returns to District 12 from the woods?
(a) There is an uprising in District 12.
(b) The fence has been torn down.
(c) The fence has been electrified.
(d) Gale is waiting for her outside.
7. What is Octavia's explanation for the seafood shortage?
(a) She says there is poor weather in District 4.
(b) She says there is a fish illness going around.
(c) She says there is an uprising in District 4.
(d) She says seafood is all the rage and everyone is eating too much of it.
8. Why is Peeta going into town?
(a) He is going to the mines.
(b) He is trying to clear his head with a walk.
(c) He is going to the bakery to frost cakes.
(d) He is having dinner with his family.
9. What gift does Peeta give to the tributes' families?
(a) He buys them dinner.
(b) He decides to build them a house.
(c) He gives them each a painting.
(d) He donates one month of their winnings.
10. What does the crowd do after Katniss's speech?
(a) They whistle Rue's melody.
(b) They go down on their knees.
(c) They boo her.
(d) They burst into applause.
11. In Chapter 8, what happens to Gale?
(a) He is whipped by the new Head Peacekeeper.
(b) He leads a group of rebels to the Capitol.
(c) He runs away from District 12 and is caught.
(d) He has an accident in the mine.
12. During the interview, what does Peeta do?
(a) He declares war on the Capitol.
(b) He proposes to Katniss.
(c) He donates his winnings to the needy.
(d) He is offered the Presidency.
13. When the storm abates, what staple of District 12 has been burned down?
(a) The Hob.
(b) The town square.
(c) The Victor's Village.
(d) The Seam.
14. What is Katniss's excuse for defying the Capitol during the last Hunger Games?
(a) She claims the President told her to defy the Capitol.
(b) She claims to have been blinded by love for Peeta.
(c) She claims to be the head of the Rebellion.
(d) She claims she did not know the rules.
15. Where are the two women planning to go?
(a) They are going to the mines.
(b) They are going to the Capitol.
(c) They are going to District 13.
(d) They are going to the ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What beauty treatment must Katniss undergo before arriving in District 11?
2. What is the name of the country Katniss and the others live in?
3. What does Katniss tell Haymitch she wants to do?
4. What does President Snow think Katniss feels for Peeta?
5. What gift does Gale refuse to accept?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)