|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only method that will work to help Katniss sleep?
(a) She must wear the same outfit every night.
(b) She cannot eat after 7 pm.
(c) She must take sleeping pills.
(d) She must sleep with Peeta.
2. After learning she and Peeta's show has not been enough for President Snow, what does Katniss decide to do?
(a) She decides to run away with Gale.
(b) She decides to take her family into the woods.
(c) She decides to live in secret in the Capitol.
(d) She decides to marry Peeta immediately.
3. What must Katniss eventually do to keep those she loves safe?
(a) She must change districts.
(b) She must marry Peeta.
(c) She must lead the rebellion.
(d) She must move back to the Seam.
4. Who are the two people that Gale does not want to run away with them?
(a) Madge and Zorah.
(b) Effie and Cinna.
(c) Peeta and Haymitch.
(d) Hazelle and Prim.
5. What does Katniss accidentally see on the television?
(a) President Snow's announcement of war.
(b) News of an uprising in District 8.
(c) An interview with Peeta.
(d) A broadcast from District 13.
6. Why was Gale punished?
(a) He disrespected President Snow.
(b) He had poached a turkey.
(c) He made a mining mistake.
(d) He attempted to overthrow the local government.
7. How long is the train delayed for the repair?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Forty-five minutes.
(c) One hour.
(d) One day.
8. During the interview, what does Peeta do?
(a) He is offered the Presidency.
(b) He proposes to Katniss.
(c) He donates his winnings to the needy.
(d) He declares war on the Capitol.
9. What does President Snow think Katniss feels for Peeta?
10. How does Katniss get back inside District 12?
(a) She climbs a tree and goes over the fence.
(b) She cuts through the fence.
(c) She opens the fence gate with her key.
(d) She burrows under the fence.
11. What does Katniss promise to do on the tour?
(a) Convince President Snow she is in love with Peeta.
(b) Convince President Snow she is in love with Gale.
(c) Start a rebellion.
(d) End the rebellion.
12. In Chapter 8, what happens to Gale?
(a) He leads a group of rebels to the Capitol.
(b) He is whipped by the new Head Peacekeeper.
(c) He runs away from District 12 and is caught.
(d) He has an accident in the mine.
13. Where are the two women planning to go?
(a) They are going to the mines.
(b) They are going to the Capitol.
(c) They are going to District 13.
(d) They are going to the ocean.
14. What does Gale confess in the cabin?
(a) He confesses his love for Greasy Sae.
(b) He confesses his love for Katniss.
(c) He confesses his love for Prim.
(d) He confesses his love for Madge.
15. Why must Katniss wake Haymitch?
(a) It is tour day and the camera crews are coming.
(b) She is worried about Peeta.
(c) It is the day of the 75th Hunger Games.
(d) She needs to clean his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Peeta want to discuss Katniss's plan?
2. If forced to marry Peeta, what is Katniss most worried about?
3. Where do Katniss, Peeta, and Haymitch live?
4. Where does Katniss choose to tell her plan to Peeta?
5. To keep up public appearances, what does the rest of Panem think the relationship is between Katniss and Gale?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)