|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, The Spark: Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does President Snow think Katniss feels for Peeta?
2. Why is the mockingjay a symbol of the Capitol's failure?
(a) They were never intended to exist.
(b) The mockingjay is a rival country's mascot.
(c) The Capitol hates birds.
(d) The Capitol hates music.
3. As victors of the Hunger Games, what are Katniss and Peeta obligated to do?
(a) They are obligated to take publicity photos with the President.
(b) They are obligated to mentor the tributes for the Quarter Quell.
(c) They are obligated to help the Capitol advertise.
(d) They are obligated to choose the next tributes.
4. Of whom does the mockingjay remind Katniss?
5. What is the focus of District 11?
(b) Luxury goods.
(d) Coal mining.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what happens to Gale?
2. Where does Katniss meet Gale?
3. What was Katniss's favorite part about the victory celebrations?
4. What beauty treatment must Katniss undergo before arriving in District 11?
5. How does Katniss explain the President's visit to her mother?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)