|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, The Spark: Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Peeta going into town?
(a) He is trying to clear his head with a walk.
(b) He is having dinner with his family.
(c) He is going to the mines.
(d) He is going to the bakery to frost cakes.
2. To keep up public appearances, what does the rest of Panem think the relationship is between Katniss and Gale?
(a) They are twins.
(b) They are brother and sister.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are lovers.
3. After learning she and Peeta's show has not been enough for President Snow, what does Katniss decide to do?
(a) She decides to live in secret in the Capitol.
(b) She decides to marry Peeta immediately.
(c) She decides to take her family into the woods.
(d) She decides to run away with Gale.
4. What does Katniss wishes she had done, thinking it would have prevented all the unrest?
(a) She wishes she had married Gale before she left for the Hunger Games.
(b) She wishes she had killed herself with the berries in the arena.
(c) She wishes she had begun the rebellion herself.
(d) She wishes she had killed Peeta when she had the chance.
5. What scenes has Peeta been painting?
(a) Scenes from his favorite movie.
(b) Portraits of family.
(d) Scenes from the Games.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Catching Fire" takes place at what point in Suzanne Collins's Hunger Games series?
2. What plan does Katniss want Gale to participate in?
3. With whom does Peeta want to discuss Katniss's plan?
4. During the interview, what does Peeta do?
5. What does Katniss accidentally see on the television?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)