|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, The Spark: Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Katniss's excuse for defying the Capitol during the last Hunger Games?
(a) She claims the President told her to defy the Capitol.
(b) She claims to be the head of the Rebellion.
(c) She claims she did not know the rules.
(d) She claims to have been blinded by love for Peeta.
2. What plan does Katniss want Gale to participate in?
(a) She wants to take their families and run away.
(b) She wants him to work on her talent.
(c) She wants him to marry Madge.
(d) She wants him to help her lead a rebellion.
3. Why is Peeta going into town?
(a) He is trying to clear his head with a walk.
(b) He is going to the mines.
(c) He is having dinner with his family.
(d) He is going to the bakery to frost cakes.
4. What has Katniss's mockingjay pin become in the Capitol?
(a) A symbol of knowledge.
(b) A fashion statement.
(c) A learning tool.
(d) The basis of a popular television show.
5. Where does Katniss choose to tell her plan to Peeta?
(a) The cabin in the woods.
(b) The mines.
(c) The Hob.
(d) The road between town and the Victor's Village.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Katniss, Peeta, and Haymitch live?
2. What gift does Gale refuse to accept?
3. What does the Peacekeeper at the lake show Katniss?
4. In Chapter 8, what happens to Gale?
5. When Katniss says she is full, what does the prep team suggest she do?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)