|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, The Spark: Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If forced to marry Peeta, what is Katniss most worried about?
(a) She worries that she will never be free to love Gale.
(b) She worries that their children will be drawn in the reaping.
(c) She worries that she will never fully accomplish her talent.
(d) She worries that her mother will not approve of her choice.
2. What does Katniss worry that President Snow has captured on camera?
(a) Gale kissing her.
(b) Peeta kissing her.
(c) Katniss slipping under the fence.
(d) Prim slipping under the fence.
3. What gift does Peeta give to the tributes' families?
(a) He buys them dinner.
(b) He gives them each a painting.
(c) He donates one month of their winnings.
(d) He decides to build them a house.
4. What plan does Katniss want Gale to participate in?
(a) She wants him to help her lead a rebellion.
(b) She wants him to work on her talent.
(c) She wants him to marry Madge.
(d) She wants to take their families and run away.
5. What does Katniss tell Haymitch she wants to do?
(a) Start an uprising.
(b) Run away.
(c) Run for president.
(d) Write a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katniss decide to do after saving Gale?
2. What does Katniss wishes she had done, thinking it would have prevented all the unrest?
3. When Katniss says she is full, what does the prep team suggest she do?
4. Where does Katniss meet Gale?
5. Why is the mockingjay a symbol of the Capitol's failure?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)