|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, The Spark: Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katniss decide to do after saving Gale?
(a) She decides to marry him.
(b) She decides to petition the president.
(c) She decides to stay and fight.
(d) She decides to run away.
2. What was Katniss's favorite part about the victory celebrations?
(b) The instant replays.
(c) The Victor's Village.
(d) Parcel Day.
3. Why is the mockingjay a symbol of the Capitol's failure?
(a) They were never intended to exist.
(b) The Capitol hates music.
(c) The mockingjay is a rival country's mascot.
(d) The Capitol hates birds.
4. When Katniss says she is full, what does the prep team suggest she do?
(a) They suggest she eat until she loses consciousness.
(b) They suggest she run to burn off the calories.
(c) They suggest she take a nap.
(d) They suggest she vomit so she can eat more.
5. What does the crowd do after Katniss's speech?
(a) They burst into applause.
(b) They go down on their knees.
(c) They whistle Rue's melody.
(d) They boo her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katniss wishes she had done, thinking it would have prevented all the unrest?
2. What plan does Katniss want Gale to participate in?
3. In Chapter 8, what happens to Gale?
4. When they arrived back from the Games, what did Katniss's mother say about Peeta?
5. What does Peeta do to Katniss during the break?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)