|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose intervention saves Frank from being turned over to the FBI while he is in jail in Boston?
2. How does Frank spend his time in Malmo Prison?
3. Why is Frank almost caught because of one of his corporate expense checks?
4. How does Frank convince the Boston desk sergeant to let him keep his pilot's license and I.D. card?
5. What is Frank actually doing when FBI agent O'Riley shows up at the Boston jail to pick him up?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do you think Frank feels when he meets the Swedish police officers?
2. Why do you think that Frank chooses not to tell his grandparents that he is living in Montpellier?
3. How do you think Frank expects Rosalie to react when he tells her who he really is?
4. When Frank realizes that he passes a check that has his real name and address on the back, he poses as an FBI agent to get it back. What other choices does he have? What can he do instead? How do his choices affect his future?
5. What do you think is Frank's opinion of women?
6. Why do you think that Frank stops using Papa Lavalier's printing shop?
7. Why do you think that Frank pays the expenses for his crew of interns personally rather than coming up with a scheme for getting Pan Am to pay them?
8. Why can't the American consulate intervene on Frank's behalf and get him out of Perpignan?
9. What risks does Frank expose himself to by using his real name?
10. How does Frank's background as a fake airline pilot help him to escape when he is extradited to the United States?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the various prisons and jail cells in which Frank does time. Be sure to include Perpignan Prison, Malmo Prison, and the Fulton County Jail. How are these prisons similar? How are they different?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of Frank's friends, and write an essay comparing and contrasting their roles in his life. Choose two friends who play very similar roles, like Monique and Rosalie. Or write about friends who play opposite roles, like Cheryl and Rosalie. Or, write about two characters who have a balanced set of similarities and differences, like O'Riley and Frank's father.
Essay Topic 3
In some ways, the plot of Catch Me If You Can is described as a spiral: the same series of events happens over and over. Describe the spiral of the plot. Use Frank's different cons to help with your analysis.
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)