|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank learn from Pixie, the commercial artist?
2. Which of the following is an example of Frank's "code of honor"?
3. How does Frank get the money from the night depository out of the airport?
4. What is one way in which Frank is treated differently in Sweden than he is in France?
5. Why can't the American Consulate intervene on Frank's behalf?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank survive Perpignan?
2. How does Frank obtain a flight crew?
3. Why do you think that Frank pays the expenses for his crew of interns personally rather than coming up with a scheme for getting Pan Am to pay them?
4. Why does Frank decide to take his criminal activities to the next level, and steal more money than he is taking before?
5. How does Frank convince Papa Lavalier that he is a pilot for Pan Am?
6. Why do you think that Frank chooses not to tell his grandparents that he is living in Montpellier?
7. How do you think Frank expects Rosalie to react when he tells her who he really is?
8. What risks does Frank expose himself to by using his real name?
9. Why does Frank not try to escape from the Malmo prison in Sweden?
10. Why does O'Riley tell Bailey that it serves him right that Frank pays him with a check?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of Frank's friends, and write an essay comparing and contrasting their roles in his life. Choose two friends who play very similar roles, like Monique and Rosalie. Or write about friends who play opposite roles, like Cheryl and Rosalie. Or, write about two characters who have a balanced set of similarities and differences, like O'Riley and Frank's father.
Essay Topic 2
Think about the friends Frank makes as he plays his different roles. Many of his friends know him primarily under a name or in a role that is a fake. How do you think this affects Frank's relationships with his friends? Does he consider them to be true friends or just part of his role playing? Support your answer with evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Frank's father is probably the family member who has the most influence on him during his early years, before he runs away from home. How do you think Frank's father affects Frank's choices in life? Support your answer with evidence from the book.
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)