|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank manage to steal deposits from ordinary bank customers?
2. Why does Frank decide to leave for Montpellier, France?
3. Why does Frank decide that he needs a flight crew?
4. What bonus does Frank get from a Pan Am stewardess on vacation in Mexico?
5. How does Frank escape from the plane that is bringing him back to the United States?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank rely on stereotypes to get away with his cons?
2. What do you think is Frank's opinion of women?
3. Describe living conditions for prisoners at Perpignan Prison.
4. How does Frank's background as a fake airline pilot help him to escape when he is extradited to the United States?
5. Why does O'Riley think that Frank must be 500 miles away when he hears that Frank makes bail?
6. Why can't the American consulate intervene on Frank's behalf and get him out of Perpignan?
7. How do you think Frank expects Rosalie to react when he tells her who he really is?
8. Why do you think that Frank stops using Papa Lavalier's printing shop?
9. When and why does Frank make an exception to his policy of never defrauding individuals?
10. What is Frank's code of honor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the research process Frank uses when he begins each new role. How is the process similar each time? How important do you think Frank's research is in keeping him from being caught? Explain your answer. Be sure to include the research Frank does on being a pilot, doctor, lawyer, and university professor.
Essay Topic 2
Why is Frank able to forge so many checks? Describe his methods. Then reflect on how banks might be able to protect themselves against other con artists using Frank Abegnale's methodology. Explain what strategies you think banks and other financial institutions are able to use to protect themselves.
Essay Topic 3
Frank's father is probably the family member who has the most influence on him during his early years, before he runs away from home. How do you think Frank's father affects Frank's choices in life? Support your answer with evidence from the book.
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)