|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank give himself a head start before a bank can figure out that he is using phony checks?
2. Which of the following is an example of Frank's "code of honor"?
3. How does Frank convince the Boston desk sergeant to let him keep his pilot's license and I.D. card?
4. What is Frank's sentence at Perpignan Prison?
5. What are living conditions like at Perpignan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't the American consulate intervene on Frank's behalf and get him out of Perpignan?
2. Why do you think that Frank pays the expenses for his crew of interns personally rather than coming up with a scheme for getting Pan Am to pay them?
3. How does Frank's plan to fill his account number in on a stack of deposit slips from the bank differ from his usual schemes?
4. When and why does Frank make an exception to his policy of never defrauding individuals?
5. What is Frank's code of honor?
6. What risks does Frank expose himself to by using his real name?
7. What do you think is Frank's opinion of women?
8. How do you think Frank feels when he meets the Swedish police officers?
9. How do you think Frank expects Rosalie to react when he tells her who he really is?
10. Why does O'Riley tell Bailey that it serves him right that Frank pays him with a check?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Frank's tour of Europe with the interns, with his usual practice of deadheading around alone as a fake pilot. How are the two experiences similar and different? Which strategy do you think best suits Frank's character?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Frank's techniques for escaping when he is caught or when he faces a situation in which he is about to be caught. What strategies does he use? How does his research help him when he needs to make an escape?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character of Papa Lavalier. What role does he play in Frank's life? Do you think that Frank takes advantage of him, or does he benefit just as much from their transactions as Frank does? Do you think that Papa Lavalier understands as little as Frank believes he does?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)