|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank get the money from the night depository out of the airport?
2. Where is Frank captured after his escape from the plane that brings him back to the United States?
3. How much does Frank make from his heist of the bank's night depository?
4. How does Frank spend his time in Malmo Prison?
5. Which of Frank's relatives lives near Montpellier?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Frank not try to escape from the Malmo prison in Sweden?
2. How does Frank convince Papa Lavalier that he is a pilot for Pan Am?
3. How does Frank obtain a flight crew?
4. How does Frank rely on stereotypes to get away with his cons?
5. Why do you think it is important to Frank to get a passport?
6. Why does O'Riley think that Frank must be 500 miles away when he hears that Frank makes bail?
7. When and why does Frank make an exception to his policy of never defrauding individuals?
8. Why do you think that Frank stops using Papa Lavalier's printing shop?
9. How does Frank get himself out of the Fulton County jail?
10. Why can't the American consulate intervene on Frank's behalf and get him out of Perpignan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Frank's techniques for escaping when he is caught or when he faces a situation in which he is about to be caught. What strategies does he use? How does his research help him when he needs to make an escape?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Frank's tour of Europe with the interns, with his usual practice of deadheading around alone as a fake pilot. How are the two experiences similar and different? Which strategy do you think best suits Frank's character?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character of Papa Lavalier. What role does he play in Frank's life? Do you think that Frank takes advantage of him, or does he benefit just as much from their transactions as Frank does? Do you think that Papa Lavalier understands as little as Frank believes he does?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)