|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Monique ask Frank to do when she breaks up with him?
2. What does Frank learn from Pixie, the commercial artist?
3. How does Frank eventually pay his bail bondsman?
4. Which of the following is an example of Frank's "code of honor"?
5. Who is the first individual Frank admits to conning out of money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think is Frank's opinion of women?
2. How does Frank's background as a fake airline pilot help him to escape when he is extradited to the United States?
3. How do you think Frank's schemes affect the people around him?
4. When and why does Frank make an exception to his policy of never defrauding individuals?
5. What is Frank's code of honor?
6. Why do you think that Frank stops using Papa Lavalier's printing shop?
7. Why does Frank not try to escape from the Malmo prison in Sweden?
8. How do you think Frank expects Rosalie to react when he tells her who he really is?
9. Why do you think that Frank pays the expenses for his crew of interns personally rather than coming up with a scheme for getting Pan Am to pay them?
10. Why do you think it is important to Frank to get a passport?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Frank able to forge so many checks? Describe his methods. Then reflect on how banks might be able to protect themselves against other con artists using Frank Abegnale's methodology. Explain what strategies you think banks and other financial institutions are able to use to protect themselves.
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of Frank's cons and write a comparison/contrast essay about them. Explain what makes each con work, and what role Frank plays in each.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Rosalie and Monique. How are they similar? How are they different? Do you think Frank considers them to be similar, or different? To what degree does he trust each woman, and why? Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)