|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Monique break up with Frank?
2. Why does Frank feel it is important to pay the bail bondsman?
3. How does Frank describe Rosalie?
4. How does Frank manage to steal deposits from ordinary bank customers?
5. What is Frank's sentence at Perpignan Prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank's plan to fill his account number in on a stack of deposit slips from the bank differ from his usual schemes?
2. Why can't the American consulate intervene on Frank's behalf and get him out of Perpignan?
3. What is Frank's code of honor?
4. Why do you think that Frank chooses not to tell his grandparents that he is living in Montpellier?
5. How does Frank rely on stereotypes to get away with his cons?
6. How do you think Frank feels when he meets the Swedish police officers?
7. Why do you think it is important to Frank to get a passport?
8. How do you think Frank expects Rosalie to react when he tells her who he really is?
9. Why does Frank feel that he needs a flight crew?
10. How does Frank obtain a flight crew?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Frank's "code of honor." What does Frank consider to be moral behavior for himself? What does he consider to be immoral? How do you tell?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Rosalie and Monique. How are they similar? How are they different? Do you think Frank considers them to be similar, or different? To what degree does he trust each woman, and why? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the research process Frank uses when he begins each new role. How is the process similar each time? How important do you think Frank's research is in keeping him from being caught? Explain your answer. Be sure to include the research Frank does on being a pilot, doctor, lawyer, and university professor.
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)