|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank convince a Miami bank manager to cash a personal check for $15,000?
2. How does Frank keep his stewardess interns from asking questions of other stewardesses they meet while they are traveling?
3. How does Frank convince the Boston desk sergeant to let him keep his pilot's license and I.D. card?
4. What are prisoners at Perpignan expected to use as a toilet?
5. Why does Frank decide that he needs a flight crew?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does O'Riley think that Frank must be 500 miles away when he hears that Frank makes bail?
2. What is Frank's code of honor?
3. How does Frank's background as a fake airline pilot help him to escape when he is extradited to the United States?
4. Why does Frank feel that he needs a flight crew?
5. Describe living conditions for prisoners at Perpignan Prison.
6. Why does Frank not try to escape from the Malmo prison in Sweden?
7. What do you think is Frank's opinion of women?
8. How do you think Frank's schemes affect the people around him?
9. How do you think Frank feels when he meets the Swedish police officers?
10. Why can't the American consulate intervene on Frank's behalf and get him out of Perpignan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Frank able to forge so many checks? Describe his methods. Then reflect on how banks might be able to protect themselves against other con artists using Frank Abegnale's methodology. Explain what strategies you think banks and other financial institutions are able to use to protect themselves.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Frank's tour of Europe with the interns, with his usual practice of deadheading around alone as a fake pilot. How are the two experiences similar and different? Which strategy do you think best suits Frank's character?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the research process Frank uses when he begins each new role. How is the process similar each time? How important do you think Frank's research is in keeping him from being caught? Explain your answer. Be sure to include the research Frank does on being a pilot, doctor, lawyer, and university professor.
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)