|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank escape from the plane that is bringing him back to the United States?
2. What is Frank actually doing when FBI agent O'Riley shows up at the Boston jail to pick him up?
3. What does Frank expect happens when he is released from Perpignan?
4. Which of the following activities is Frank the first known check forger ever to do?
5. Which of the following is an important part of Frank's summer intern scheme?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do you think Frank feels when he meets the Swedish police officers?
2. Why do you think it is important to Frank to get a passport?
3. Why does O'Riley think that Frank must be 500 miles away when he hears that Frank makes bail?
4. How does Frank convince Papa Lavalier that he is a pilot for Pan Am?
5. What is Frank's code of honor?
6. When Frank realizes that he passes a check that has his real name and address on the back, he poses as an FBI agent to get it back. What other choices does he have? What can he do instead? How do his choices affect his future?
7. Why do you think that Frank pays the expenses for his crew of interns personally rather than coming up with a scheme for getting Pan Am to pay them?
8. How do you think Frank expects Rosalie to react when he tells her who he really is?
9. Why does Frank decide to take his criminal activities to the next level, and steal more money than he is taking before?
10. When and why does Frank make an exception to his policy of never defrauding individuals?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think the life of a pilot seems appealing to a teenage boy? What parts of Frank's life as a pilot do you think make him feel accepted and admired? What aspects of his life as a pilot make him feel anxious about getting caught?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Rosalie and Monique. How are they similar? How are they different? Do you think Frank considers them to be similar, or different? To what degree does he trust each woman, and why? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Choose two of Frank's cons and write a comparison/contrast essay about them. Explain what makes each con work, and what role Frank plays in each.
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)