|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't the American Consulate intervene on Frank's behalf?
2. Where does Frank go with the money he makes from his account deposit scheme?
3. Why doesn't Frank answer Jan's questions at first?
4. How does Frank escape the federal officials who are surrounding his hotel?
5. How does Frank survive Perpignan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Frank feel that he needs a flight crew?
2. How does Frank's plan to fill his account number in on a stack of deposit slips from the bank differ from his usual schemes?
3. How do you think Frank expects Rosalie to react when he tells her who he really is?
4. Describe living conditions for prisoners at Perpignan Prison.
5. Why do you think that Frank pays the expenses for his crew of interns personally rather than coming up with a scheme for getting Pan Am to pay them?
6. When and why does Frank make an exception to his policy of never defrauding individuals?
7. Why do you think it is important to Frank to get a passport?
8. What risks does Frank expose himself to by using his real name?
9. What do you think is Frank's opinion of women?
10. How does Frank convince Papa Lavalier that he is a pilot for Pan Am?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In some ways, the plot of Catch Me If You Can is described as a spiral: the same series of events happens over and over. Describe the spiral of the plot. Use Frank's different cons to help with your analysis.
Essay Topic 2
Frank's career as a criminal occurs before law enforcement agencies have computers that are linked together. Do you think that Frank is able to commit the same crimes if he starts again today? How do you think technology affects his criminal career?
Essay Topic 3
Frank's father is probably the family member who has the most influence on him during his early years, before he runs away from home. How do you think Frank's father affects Frank's choices in life? Support your answer with evidence from the book.
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)