|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose intervention saves Frank from being turned over to the FBI while he is in jail in Boston?
2. Who pays for the interns to travel around Europe?
3. Which of the following is an important part of Frank's summer intern scheme?
4. How does Frank give himself a head start before a bank can figure out that he is using phony checks?
5. How does Frank spend his time in Malmo Prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Frank not try to escape from the Malmo prison in Sweden?
2. What do you think is Frank's opinion of women?
3. How does Frank rely on stereotypes to get away with his cons?
4. Why does Frank decide to take his criminal activities to the next level, and steal more money than he is taking before?
5. How does Frank convince Papa Lavalier that he is a pilot for Pan Am?
6. Why do you think it is important to Frank to get a passport?
7. Why do you think that Frank chooses not to tell his grandparents that he is living in Montpellier?
8. Why can't the American consulate intervene on Frank's behalf and get him out of Perpignan?
9. How does Frank survive Perpignan?
10. Why does O'Riley think that Frank must be 500 miles away when he hears that Frank makes bail?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Rosalie and Monique. How are they similar? How are they different? Do you think Frank considers them to be similar, or different? To what degree does he trust each woman, and why? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Why is Frank able to forge so many checks? Describe his methods. Then reflect on how banks might be able to protect themselves against other con artists using Frank Abegnale's methodology. Explain what strategies you think banks and other financial institutions are able to use to protect themselves.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Frank's tour of Europe with the interns, with his usual practice of deadheading around alone as a fake pilot. How are the two experiences similar and different? Which strategy do you think best suits Frank's character?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)