|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank survive Perpignan?
2. What does Frank have Papa Lavalier print before he returns to New York?
3. Where does Frank go with the money he makes from his account deposit scheme?
4. Why does Frank leave Rosalie?
5. Why does Monique break up with Frank?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank's background as a fake airline pilot help him to escape when he is extradited to the United States?
2. Why does Frank not try to escape from the Malmo prison in Sweden?
3. Why do you think it is important to Frank to get a passport?
4. How does Frank get himself out of the Fulton County jail?
5. Why can't the American consulate intervene on Frank's behalf and get him out of Perpignan?
6. Why does Frank feel that he needs a flight crew?
7. How does Frank's plan to fill his account number in on a stack of deposit slips from the bank differ from his usual schemes?
8. What is Frank's code of honor?
9. Describe living conditions for prisoners at Perpignan Prison.
10. Why does O'Riley tell Bailey that it serves him right that Frank pays him with a check?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Frank's "code of honor." What does Frank consider to be moral behavior for himself? What does he consider to be immoral? How do you tell?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the research process Frank uses when he begins each new role. How is the process similar each time? How important do you think Frank's research is in keeping him from being caught? Explain your answer. Be sure to include the research Frank does on being a pilot, doctor, lawyer, and university professor.
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think the life of a pilot seems appealing to a teenage boy? What parts of Frank's life as a pilot do you think make him feel accepted and admired? What aspects of his life as a pilot make him feel anxious about getting caught?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)