|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frank actually doing when FBI agent O'Riley shows up at the Boston jail to pick him up?
2. Why doesn't Frank return to visit his parents while he is in New York City living as a fugitive from the police and the FBI?
3. What are living conditions like at Perpignan?
4. Why does Frank decide to start forging large corporate checks?
5. How does Frank spend his time in Malmo Prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't the American consulate intervene on Frank's behalf and get him out of Perpignan?
2. How does Frank obtain a flight crew?
3. How do you think Frank expects Rosalie to react when he tells her who he really is?
4. Why does Frank feel that he needs a flight crew?
5. Why do you think it is important to Frank to get a passport?
6. How does Frank get himself out of the Fulton County jail?
7. Why do you think that Frank stops using Papa Lavalier's printing shop?
8. How does Frank's plan to fill his account number in on a stack of deposit slips from the bank differ from his usual schemes?
9. What do you think is Frank's opinion of women?
10. Describe living conditions for prisoners at Perpignan Prison.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Think about the friends Frank makes as he plays his different roles. Many of his friends know him primarily under a name or in a role that is a fake. How do you think this affects Frank's relationships with his friends? Does he consider them to be true friends or just part of his role playing? Support your answer with evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Frank's career as a criminal occurs before law enforcement agencies have computers that are linked together. Do you think that Frank is able to commit the same crimes if he starts again today? How do you think technology affects his criminal career?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Frank's "code of honor." What does Frank consider to be moral behavior for himself? What does he consider to be immoral? How do you tell?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)