|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank survive Perpignan?
2. Who helps Frank to get a passport?
3. How does Frank convince the bank teller to give him the original check?
4. What does Frank promise the Swedish judge who releases him to the United States?
5. Why does Frank feel it is important to pay the bail bondsman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Frank not try to escape from the Malmo prison in Sweden?
2. Describe living conditions for prisoners at Perpignan Prison.
3. When Frank realizes that he passes a check that has his real name and address on the back, he poses as an FBI agent to get it back. What other choices does he have? What can he do instead? How do his choices affect his future?
4. Why does O'Riley think that Frank must be 500 miles away when he hears that Frank makes bail?
5. When and why does Frank make an exception to his policy of never defrauding individuals?
6. Why do you think that Frank chooses not to tell his grandparents that he is living in Montpellier?
7. How does Frank convince Papa Lavalier that he is a pilot for Pan Am?
8. How does Frank survive Perpignan?
9. What do you think is Frank's opinion of women?
10. How does Frank's background as a fake airline pilot help him to escape when he is extradited to the United States?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Frank's "code of honor." What does Frank consider to be moral behavior for himself? What does he consider to be immoral? How do you tell?
Essay Topic 2
Why is Frank able to forge so many checks? Describe his methods. Then reflect on how banks might be able to protect themselves against other con artists using Frank Abegnale's methodology. Explain what strategies you think banks and other financial institutions are able to use to protect themselves.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Frank's tour of Europe with the interns, with his usual practice of deadheading around alone as a fake pilot. How are the two experiences similar and different? Which strategy do you think best suits Frank's character?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)