|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plans does Frank make for his future while he is living in Montpellier?
2. What bonus does Frank get from a Pan Am stewardess on vacation in Mexico?
3. What does Frank promise the Swedish judge who releases him to the United States?
4. What are prisoners at Perpignan expected to use as a toilet?
5. How does Frank give himself a head start before a bank can figure out that he is using phony checks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Frank not try to escape from the Malmo prison in Sweden?
2. How do you think Frank feels when he meets the Swedish police officers?
3. What is Frank's code of honor?
4. When and why does Frank make an exception to his policy of never defrauding individuals?
5. How does Frank get himself out of the Fulton County jail?
6. How does Frank convince Papa Lavalier that he is a pilot for Pan Am?
7. What risks does Frank expose himself to by using his real name?
8. How does Frank's background as a fake airline pilot help him to escape when he is extradited to the United States?
9. What do you think is Frank's opinion of women?
10. Why do you think that Frank pays the expenses for his crew of interns personally rather than coming up with a scheme for getting Pan Am to pay them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
An introvert is someone who tends to be turned inward, who likes to spend a lot of time alone. An extrovert is someone who tends to be turned outward toward other people, who gets charged up by spending time with people. Do you describe Frank as an introvert or an extrovert? Support your answer with details from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Rosalie and Monique. How are they similar? How are they different? Do you think Frank considers them to be similar, or different? To what degree does he trust each woman, and why? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Choose two of Frank's friends, and write an essay comparing and contrasting their roles in his life. Choose two friends who play very similar roles, like Monique and Rosalie. Or write about friends who play opposite roles, like Cheryl and Rosalie. Or, write about two characters who have a balanced set of similarities and differences, like O'Riley and Frank's father.
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)