|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one way in which Frank is treated differently in Sweden than he is in France?
2. How do the French police locate Frank?
3. What does Frank learn from Pixie, the commercial artist?
4. How does Frank get the prison officials at the Federal Detention Center in Atlanta to treat him well?
5. Where does Frank leave the checks and credit card receipts from his bank heist?
Short Essay Questions
1. When and why does Frank make an exception to his policy of never defrauding individuals?
2. What is Frank's code of honor?
3. What do you think is Frank's opinion of women?
4. Why does Frank not try to escape from the Malmo prison in Sweden?
5. Why does Frank feel that he needs a flight crew?
6. Describe living conditions for prisoners at Perpignan Prison.
7. When Frank realizes that he passes a check that has his real name and address on the back, he poses as an FBI agent to get it back. What other choices does he have? What can he do instead? How do his choices affect his future?
8. How does Frank's plan to fill his account number in on a stack of deposit slips from the bank differ from his usual schemes?
9. How do you think Frank's schemes affect the people around him?
10. Why does O'Riley think that Frank must be 500 miles away when he hears that Frank makes bail?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Rosalie and Monique. How are they similar? How are they different? Do you think Frank considers them to be similar, or different? To what degree does he trust each woman, and why? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the various prisons and jail cells in which Frank does time. Be sure to include Perpignan Prison, Malmo Prison, and the Fulton County Jail. How are these prisons similar? How are they different?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think the life of a pilot seems appealing to a teenage boy? What parts of Frank's life as a pilot do you think make him feel accepted and admired? What aspects of his life as a pilot make him feel anxious about getting caught?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)