|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank give himself a head start before a bank can figure out that he is using phony checks?
2. Why does Pan Am start an investigation?
3. What does Frank learn from Pixie, the commercial artist?
4. What are prisoners at Perpignan expected to use as a toilet?
5. Who helps Frank to get a passport?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think that Frank chooses not to tell his grandparents that he is living in Montpellier?
2. Why does O'Riley tell Bailey that it serves him right that Frank pays him with a check?
3. What is Frank's code of honor?
4. Why does Frank decide to take his criminal activities to the next level, and steal more money than he is taking before?
5. Why does Frank not try to escape from the Malmo prison in Sweden?
6. When and why does Frank make an exception to his policy of never defrauding individuals?
7. How does Frank convince Papa Lavalier that he is a pilot for Pan Am?
8. How do you think Frank expects Rosalie to react when he tells her who he really is?
9. Why do you think that Frank pays the expenses for his crew of interns personally rather than coming up with a scheme for getting Pan Am to pay them?
10. How does Frank's plan to fill his account number in on a stack of deposit slips from the bank differ from his usual schemes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Papa Lavalier. What role does he play in Frank's life? Do you think that Frank takes advantage of him, or does he benefit just as much from their transactions as Frank does? Do you think that Papa Lavalier understands as little as Frank believes he does?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Frank's techniques for escaping when he is caught or when he faces a situation in which he is about to be caught. What strategies does he use? How does his research help him when he needs to make an escape?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Frank's role as a supervisory resident at the hospital in Atlanta with his role as a lawyer. How are the two roles similar? How are they different? Include the process Frank goes through to get each job, and the reasons that lead up to his departure from each.
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)