|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Frank make from his heist of the bank's night depository?
2. Why does Monique break up with Frank?
3. Why does Frank go to Vermont?
4. How does Frank manage to steal deposits from ordinary bank customers?
5. How does Frank manage to leave the Federal Detention Center?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank's background as a fake airline pilot help him to escape when he is extradited to the United States?
2. Why does Frank not try to escape from the Malmo prison in Sweden?
3. What is Frank's code of honor?
4. Why does Frank decide to take his criminal activities to the next level, and steal more money than he is taking before?
5. How does Frank survive Perpignan?
6. When Frank realizes that he passes a check that has his real name and address on the back, he poses as an FBI agent to get it back. What other choices does he have? What can he do instead? How do his choices affect his future?
7. How do you think Frank feels when he meets the Swedish police officers?
8. Why does O'Riley tell Bailey that it serves him right that Frank pays him with a check?
9. Describe living conditions for prisoners at Perpignan Prison.
10. How does Frank obtain a flight crew?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think the life of a pilot seems appealing to a teenage boy? What parts of Frank's life as a pilot do you think make him feel accepted and admired? What aspects of his life as a pilot make him feel anxious about getting caught?
Essay Topic 2
How does the kindness of the Swedish prison guards make Frank feel? How does his experience in Sweden affect his thoughts and reflections about life? Support your answer with quotations from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the research process Frank uses when he begins each new role. How is the process similar each time? How important do you think Frank's research is in keeping him from being caught? Explain your answer. Be sure to include the research Frank does on being a pilot, doctor, lawyer, and university professor.
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)